• Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,
I am new to Salesforce and looking at the documentation. My basic use case is that i have Salesforce out of the box with no customization. I basically have some files uploaded as attachments and i basicaly want my platform (outside of saleforce) to retreive the files.
Is there an API for the same which we can just implement to fetch the files? (FYI i am using lightning platform)
Hi All,

I'm using the Customer Account Portal community template, and have a requirement to remove the record id from the community url.
Ex: Currently the url is: 
mycommunityurl.com/object/record_id/record_name

How can I transform that into simply:
mycommunityurl.com/object/record_name

Thank you in advanced for your help and suggestions!
I've managed to create a lightning homepage component with 1 column using the below component, style, and design elements. If I re-use the {!v.main} in the component page more than once, I receive an error. 

I want to be able to create 3 horizontal sections as shown in the last image below. Is it possible? 

COMPONENT
<aura:component implements="lightning:homeTemplate">
    <aura:attribute name="main" type="Aura.Component[]" /> 
    <div>
        <lightning:layout horizontalAlign="spread">
            {!v.main}
        </lightning:layout>
    </div>
</aura:component>

DESIGN
<flexipage:template >
        <flexipage:region name="main" defaultWidth="Xlarge">
        </flexipage:region>
    </flexipage:template>

SVG
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<svg width="120px" height="120px" viewBox="0 0 120 120" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
	<g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd">
		<path d="M120,108 C120,114.6 114.6,120 108,120 L12,120 C5.4,120 0,114.6 0,108 L0,12 C0,5.4 5.4,0 12,0 L108,0 C114.6,0 120,5.4 120,12 L120,108 L120,108 Z" id="Shape" fill="#2A739E"/>
		<path d="M77.7383308,20 L61.1640113,20 L44.7300055,63.2000173 L56.0543288,63.2000173 L40,99.623291 L72.7458388,54.5871812 L60.907727,54.5871812 L77.7383308,20 Z" id="Path-1" fill="#FFFFFF"/>
	</g>
</svg>

This is the error I receive
User-added image

This is the layout I can render but doesn't work if I add components to it
User-added image
I am stuck on challenge 3. I am trying to create a ACTION Volunteer Shift Object. Requirements are 
"Quick Self Sign Up
Maria asked for a quick way for users to sign themselves up for a Shift directly from a Volunteer Shift record. Your solution was an action with the label Sign Me Up. To keep it simple there should be no fields on the pop-up. Instead the action automatically sets the Volunteer to the user clicking the button, changes the status to Confirmed, and assigns the currently viewed Shift as the new record's Volunteer Shift. Once the action is done show the friendly message "Congratulations, you are signed up!".

Now When I am trying to select Staus field it does not show any of the Voulnteer Shift Worker fields to choose. FYT There is a MasterDetail Relationmship between these two. Volunteer Shift is the Master Object.
Hi,  i see mixed answers all over the web regarding what is required for a SOAP Login authentication.  Some answers are Username and password and Security Token while others are saying Username and Password and Organization Id.

I think I am getting it as username and password are the only thing required and security token is optional depending on network ip settings
For communities it would be username and password and Organization id.

Can someon help me understand what is exactly required?
I've tried logging into Trailhead and it will allow me to log in but it won't let me undertake any challenges it keeps saying log into developer edition.  When I try to sign up again it says that I'm already logged in.  Please can someone tell me how to log into the developer edition.  Thank you.

Dear all,

We have an integration of Eloqua with Salesforce and when pushing contacts from Eloqua to SalesForce as leads, following error messages are triggered"

Message 1: Duplicate value found: unknown duplicates value on record with id: ---------------------
Message 2: Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers with failures: when triggers are present partial save requires that some subset of rows save without any errors in order to avoid inconsistent side effects from those triggers. Number of retries: 2

Any thoughts on how to resolve these errors ?

Individual contacts can be pushed from Eloqua and the external calls are successful (leads are created successfully). Above mentioned errors are triggered when I try to push more than 30 contact records.

A few forums suggested turning off the History tracking of Lead fields that I have already due, but the error is persistent.

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T2URAA0

Thanks very in advance for any help,

Navin Krishnan
I've looked all through the Salesforce documentation but am not finding an explanation anywhere for the difference between these two user licenses.  I'm sure it must be documented somewhere but I'm not finding it.  I would appreciate your help with the answer.  Thanks!

I just upgraded my Standard version.  Supposedly, this will only be active today and tomorrow 4/14, so hurry up and get it.  $64 if without promo.

https://www.genuitec.com/coupon/mefree2014/

Please help me ,

I create new formula field ( Data type is Number ) for calculate value from text field but system not allow me to calculate it. Do you have any suggest me ?

• March 29, 2011
Hi,
 I have a developer account and i would like to login to Sandbox (https://test.salesforce.com) but i am unable to login to test.salesforce.com

How can i login to the sandbox site?

Thank you.