• 0 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a user (or any user in fact), who has a Standard salesforce profile, IE not a System Admin profile, who's able to edit and even reject opportunities that he submitted. He should not be able to edit them because the Record Editability property on the approval process = "Administrator ONLY". Secondly, he's even able to Reject his own submission, which makes no sense to me either. Can anyone help? Thank you!
Hi, I've been a Salesforce developer for a few years now and one of the tasks that I've had to carry out many times is performing an update on a set of thousands of records via data loader. For example, we want to update a field on all 10,000 opportunities in the org.

Now, in order to do that update safely, I will always backup the opportunities into a CSV before I run the data load. I'll also look through all the triggers, process builders, workflow rules to make sure that updating the field won't trigger cascading changes throughout the system.
But even if you do all of that, you still can't be 100% sure that there were no unexpected changes in the system as a result of the data load... unexpected field updates etc.

I just want to start a discussion to see if I can learn what other people do as best practices when performing mass dataloads. What steps do you take to give yourself peace of mind? Let me know. Thank you
I have a formula field that I want to trigger a process builder to run when it changes. I have wrapped it in the ISCHANGED() function in a process builder, and it actaully seems to work. However, in the past I have heard from articles and other developers that formula fields changing cannot trigger process builders, yet it seems like I have done this. Can anyone confirm what they know about this? Thank you
I have a formula field that I want to trigger a process builder to run when it changes. I have wrapped it in the ISCHANGED() function in a process builder, and it actaully seems to work. However, in the past I have heard from articles and other developers that formula fields changing cannot trigger process builders, yet it seems like I have done this. Can anyone confirm what they know about this? Thank you
Hello, 

Validation Rule to stop record from saving when a picklist value is blank fires, but not on the correct stage selection.

Use case:

Opportunity Object, has 6 record types (Group, Branch, Vendor, Client, Guest, Ti In Progress)

If the Opportunity RecordTypeId is “0122E000000iFFKQA2”
and the StageName Picklist is “Ti In Progress", a value from the picklist named, Resolution Type, must have a value selected prior to saving the record. If the Resolution Type picklist is left blank, the validation rule should error out the save attempt.

The VR I created is firing but not when the stage = Ti In Progress. I can select a different stage, prior to reaching Ti In Progress and the record errors out. . 

I created this VR, tested it, and found not syntax errors. I was able to save the record even when the Resolution Type picklist was left blank. It should have prompted me to select a value from the picklist. 

Any help on this would be appreciated!
Thanks

1AND( 
2ISPICKVAL( StageName, 'Ti In Progress'), 
3RecordTypeId="0122E000000iFFKQA2", 
4ISBLANK(TEXT( Resolution_Type__c)) 
5)

• June 27, 2019