• 210 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Project: Installing an app exchange application, and creating the schema (external objects and relationships with custom or standard objects).

If I created external objects (non-salesforce org), does that mean I have used OData 2.0 or OData 4.0?
HI, 

Please don't explain interoperability, that you can how LWC as a child, we can also have LMS etc. 
All I want to know is the scenario with example when you had to put LWC inside Aura whether it is parent- child or child-parent. 

Thank you. 
As a salesforce developer, what are the things that you are proud of in your code/an app/solution/design etc.
Most common issues faced during deployment
I am actually looking for an answer, kind of like a skeleton, so that I can modify the answer based on what I do.
I am preparing to attend interviews.

How do I answer the following questions as a developer:
What is the deployment strategy in your company?
What is your role in deployment (both in lower and as well as higher environments)?
Is continuation the same the Expect: 100 - Continue in the header of the request
@AuraEnable(Continuation = true Cacheable = true)
In a deployment strategy (no strategy or any strategy), what is the role of a developer in the lower environments?
I would appreciate specific and detailed answers please. 

As a developer, what part do we play in the deployment strategy?
When it is higher level, what part do we play?
When it is lower level what part do we play?
Please tell me different approaches of dealing with this issue. 

If the callout is from UI (button) or a flow (external service), the response data is invalid and there is a valdation rule on that field (response data), same transaction and user is expecting to see the result on UI.
I can have custom object which stores the failed data, but how about saving the record in this instance since validation rule doesn't let us?

I am looking for approaches to save the record when we have a validation rule instead of using code.

I can think of two ways to save the record: 
1. In the validation rule: which lets the record to be saved if the field is blank. For example having CONTAINS OR BEGINS functions in the formula. 
2. Instead of a validation rule, no code, we can do the callout from apex and have the validation there, if there is invalid or failed validation, to manipulate the data to allow the record to be saved. 

I can save the failed data/invalid data  in a custom object, and later on find a way to use it as per the requirement. 
Kindly tell me different approaches as to how we can handle this failed validation data in the object?
Server down, network issue etc. 
Could you please specifiy the issues we would have during a callout?
All the issues please. 
Let's say: batch class and a callout, what issues would we have?
@future method and a callout: what issues would we face?
Callout from a flow: salesforce connect, external objects, record triggered flow (asynchronous path), outbound message?

What if we get invalid data, how do we deal with that?

Under reliable message service => apex callouts
The above line is from this paragraph:
Salesforce doesn’t provide explicit support for reliable messaging protocols (for example, WS-ReliableMessaging). We recommend that the remote endpoint receiving the Salesforce message implement a reliable messaging system, like JMS or MQ. This system ensures full end-to-end guaranteed delivery to the remote system that ultimately processes the message. However, this system doesn’t ensure guaranteed delivery from Salesforce to the remote endpoint that it calls.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.integration_patterns_and_practices.meta/integration_patterns_and_practices/integ_pat_remote_process_invocation_fire_forget.htm
Let's say we have process integration, the order is created in a backend system, we send the order details and the user gets the order status and order number and some other field called field_c, this field_c has to be validated before being updated in saleforce. 
Can we do that?

Callbacks in outbound messages provide a way to mitigate the impacts of out-of-sequence messaging. 
1. What is out-of-sequence messaging? could someone give me an example to better understand?
== 
Retrieving more data—A single outbound message can send data only for a single object. A callback can be used to retrieve data from other related records, such as related lists associated with the parent object.
2. Could someone give me an example of pulling related lists in the callback with an example? 

Thank you
When using middleware, outbound messaging becomes a “first-mile” guarantee of delivery.
What does that mean? Can someone explain with a scenario?
If so, could you please provide me a scenario or an example?

We can make a callout by adding CSP site, and use fetch() in the js file. 
We can also make a HTTP request from the apex controller.
I can only think of one thing:
If we are just making a GET request to show some data on LWC, we use fetch api.
If we are doing a process integration, where the response has to updated in to the salesforce and the component has to be re-rendered we use apex controller class. Is that right?
Can someone explain the difference?

Number of synchronous concurrent transactions for long-running transactions that last longer than 5 seconds for each org.2 is 10. 

If more transactions are started while the 10 long-running transactions are still running, they’re denied. HTTP callout processing time isn’t included when calculating this limit.

What is HTTP callout processing time?
We can make a callout by adding CSP site, and use fetch() in the js file. 
We can also make a HTTP request from the apex controller.
I can only think of one thing:
If we are just making a GET request to show some data on LWC, we use fetch api.
If we are doing a process integration, where the response has to updated in to the salesforce and the component has to be re-rendered we use apex controller class. Is that right?
Can someone explain the difference?
I never came across this scenario and I need your input. 

You have a class with sharing, you have another class without sharing, without sharing class is callig a method in with sharing class, how does the sharing context work?

I am looking for a scenario as to, when we use apex sharing over declarative ways. 

Thank you!
Project: Installing an app exchange application, and creating the schema (external objects and relationships with custom or standard objects).

If I created external objects (non-salesforce org), does that mean I have used OData 2.0 or OData 4.0?
Most common issues faced during deployment
I am actually looking for an answer, kind of like a skeleton, so that I can modify the answer based on what I do.
I am preparing to attend interviews.

How do I answer the following questions as a developer:
What is the deployment strategy in your company?
What is your role in deployment (both in lower and as well as higher environments)?
Is continuation the same the Expect: 100 - Continue in the header of the request
@AuraEnable(Continuation = true Cacheable = true)
What if we get invalid data, how do we deal with that?

Let's say we have process integration, the order is created in a backend system, we send the order details and the user gets the order status and order number and some other field called field_c, this field_c has to be validated before being updated in saleforce. 
Can we do that?

When using middleware, outbound messaging becomes a “first-mile” guarantee of delivery.
What does that mean? Can someone explain with a scenario?
I can only think of a button or a quick action. 
Any other options please?

Whenever a contact is inserted, if that contact is associated with an account, then update that account name from this  newly inserting contact name. It has to be bulkified.  If the contact name is "John", then the associated account's name should also be "John:

public Contact trigger updateAccount (AFTER INSERT){

Map<Id, Account> accountList = New Map<Id, Account> ();

for(Contact con: Trigger.New){

if(con.AccountId){

Account acc = New Account();
    acc.Name = con.LastName;
    acc.Id = con.AccountId;
    accountList.put(acc.Id, acc);

}
}
UPDATE accountList.values();
}

I would like to know why we would get an error if we use LIST in production and that we have to use either MAP or SET.
What is designing exactly? Like job responsiblities involved in designing?
When I say design (analysis, design, implementation etc?

I only can think of designing how the template looks (lwc template)?
Is there anything else that I am missing. 

Please advice. 

Thank you. 
1. Batch class can work on upto 50k records using Iterator. Is that right?
2. If you use an iterable, the governor limit for the total number of records retrieved by SOQL queries is still enforced. For more information on using iterables for batch jobs
3.  If the start method of the batch class returns an iterable, the scope parameter value has no upper limit. However, if you use a high number, you can run into other limits. The optimal scope size is a factor of 2000, for example, 100, 200, 400 and so on.

I am bit confused with these limits. Please explain. 

Map<Id,List<Opportunity>> addOppurnitieswithaccount = new Map<Id,List<Opportunity>>();

Roll up summary kind of thing.

I am just lost. 

Map<Id,List<Account>> acctsWithOpps = new Map<Id,List<Account>>();
System.debug(acctsWithOpps.values());
List<Opportunity> oppl = [SELECT Account.Name, Name FROM Opportunity WHERE Id =: acctsWithOpps.values()];
for(Opportunity opp: acctsWithOpps.values()){
    system.debug(opp.Name);
}.

Please advice. 

I am looking for only lightning-input not a combobox, or select/option tags or bullets, an input field (account search).

anyone?
I am looking for a scenario as to, when we use apex sharing over declarative ways. 

Thank you!
Hi all, 
Happy New Year!

Could you guys tell me the scenarios as to when we use callouts in batch apex?
I would like to point out that I am looking for input on the scenarios that you guys faced or know/read about. 
I am inclined more towards when than the how part of this.