• 0 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a multiselect picklist which shows the list of users on a custom object. I want to update the available values on this picklist through trigger on User object whenever there is a new user created. I do not want to update the Chosen value. Also this is a field on a lightning page, not a vf or lwc or aura component. Is it a possible requirement? Please let me know if any further information required.User-added image
I have created a multiselect picklist which shows the list of users on a custom object. I want to update the available values on this picklist through trigger on User object whenever there is a new user created. I do not want to update the Chosen value. Also this is a field on a lightning page, not a vf or lwc or aura component. Is it a possible requirement? Please let me know if any further information required.User-added image
Hello,

I have a Custom Object with 4 fields and 1 Date Field. If I try to create a new record with same values I need to check the old records and if the record persists then need to update the old Record with new Date . This is the code I have tried but the issue is it's updating old record as well as creating new record with same values which cause duplicates.I have written this in before Insert. please help.

public class duplicateHandler {

public static void triggertocheckDuplicateBeforeInsert(list(List<CustObject> custList){
 Set <String> agencySet = new Set<String>();
Set <String> agencyTypeSet = new Set<String>();
Set <String> advetiserSet = new Set<String>();
Set <String> platformSet = new Set<String>();
Set <Date> startDateSet = new Set<Date>();

List<CustObject> oldList = new List<CustObject>();

for (CustObject custMap : custList){
             agencySet.add(custMap.Agency__c);
             agencyTypeSet.add(custMap.Agency_Type__c);
             advetiserSet.add(custMap.Advertiser__c);
             platformSet.add(custMap.Platform__c);
        }

List<CustObject> oldcustList = [SELECT Agency__c,Agency_Type__c,Advertiser__c,Platform__c,Start_Date__c FROM CustObject WHERE Agency__c IN :agencySet AND Agency_Type__c IN :agencyTypeSet AND Advertiser__c IN :advetiserSet AND Platform__c IN :platformSet];
for (CustObject custMap : custList){
  for( CustObject oldCust : oldcustList){
    if(oldcustList.size() > 0){
       if (custMap.Start_Date__c != oldCust.Start_Date__c) {
          oldcustList.Start_Date__c = custMap.Start_Date__c;
oldList.add(oldCust);
}
}
}
update oldList;
}
}