• Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 
My requirement is that when an account is created in the Salesforce dashboard, I need to make a rest call-out to an external service to post the account details. 
For this, I have created a trigger with after insert / after update that calls the appropriate apex class (which makes rest callout).
Can someone please confirm if I am going in the right direction?
Any template or reference code for performing this would be very helpful.
Thanks and regards.
Hi,
I am just starting with apex class, triggers and integration patterns.
My goal is that, whenever an account is created in Salesforce, I want to make a REST callout to an external service with the data in the account.
Based on research, I found that I will have to create an apex class with an HTTP service to make a REST API call.
But from where should I invoke this apex class? When an account is created/updated, an apex class should be invoked to make a REST API call to an external service.
Can anyone please guide me on this?

Thanking you in advance. 
Hi,
I am just starting with apex class, triggers and integration patterns.
My goal is that, whenever an account is created in Salesforce, I want to make a REST callout to an external service with the data in the account.
Based on research, I found that I will have to create an apex class with an HTTP service to make a REST API call.
But from where should I invoke this apex class? When an account is created/updated, an apex class should be invoked to make a REST API call to an external service.
Can anyone please guide me on this?

Thanking you in advance.