• Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I already have a button on the Contract page layout that extracts a file (uploaded to Salesforce) with a certain name and allows the user to download or preview said file. 

My requirement is pretty straight-forward. I need to retrieve values from current Contract object and merge them at various locations in the extracted file. I am already able to retrieve these values, but am unable to get the mail-merge to work. I explored various options online and found a plethora of apps like DocuSign, Adobe Sign, S-Docs, etc. available for this purpose, but was hoping to use something native to Salesforce itself if possible since I am not doing any major formatting etc. with the data but simply inserting it into my file before displaying or emailing the final output to users.

Note: I already found 2 options in Salesforce for this purpose viz. single file mail-merge but this has been retired effective Feb '19 and extended mass mail-merge (which is an overkill for me anyway), but this is available only for account, contact and lead objects for some reason.

Any help here would be highly appreciated.

Best,
~Ken
Hi all,

I am a business analyst and amateur Salesforce Developer.

I need to add a button a lightning page tied to the 'Contract' standard Salesforce object that needs to do below 2 things at a high level:
1. Read / Preview / Extract a document stored somewhere (can be a network location or in Salesforce itself if possible)
2. Read values of some data-points for e.g. borrower name, etc. tied to said Contract object and insert values tied to said data-points at various locations in this document and spit out final version of document to user, either via email or in some other fashion.

Questions:
1. What is the best control (button) to use for reading or previewing a document?
2. How do I extract values from data-points tied to Contract object after this button is added to that object?
3. How do I insert these values from the Contract object into my document and preview that document all over again?

Best,
~Ken
Hi all,

I am a business analyst and amateur Salesforce Developer.

I need to add a button a lightning page tied to the 'Contract' standard Salesforce object that needs to do below 2 things at a high level:
1. Read / Preview / Extract a document stored somewhere (can be a network location or in Salesforce itself if possible)
2. Read values of some data-points for e.g. borrower name, etc. tied to said Contract object and insert values tied to said data-points at various locations in this document and spit out final version of document to user, either via email or in some other fashion.

Questions:
1. What is the best control (button) to use for reading or previewing a document?
2. How do I extract values from data-points tied to Contract object after this button is added to that object?
3. How do I insert these values from the Contract object into my document and preview that document all over again?

Best,
~Ken
Hi All Is it possible to upload some word document as template on the platform and then generate new documents from merged fields and the uploaded document template?