• Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello developer heroes!

I'm working through the Apex modules on Trailhead and can't seem to get past this one: https://developer.salesforce.com/en/trailhead/force_com_programmatic_beginner/apex_triggers/apex_triggers_bulk.

Hopefully this doesn't read like a 'please complete the course for me' kinda post, but I have written a trigger that I believe meets the criteria but it isn't passing the check, so I wanted to seek the guidance of the experts.

The challenge is to do this:

Create an Apex trigger for Opportunity that adds a task to any opportunity set to 'Closed Won'.

To complete this challenge, you need to add a trigger for Opportunity. The trigger will add a task to any opportunity inserted or updated with the stage of 'Closed Won'. The task's subject must be 'Follow Up Test Task'.The Apex trigger must be called 'ClosedOpportunityTrigger'

- With 'ClosedOpportunityTrigger' active, if an opportunity is inserted or updated with a stage of 'Closed Won', it will have a task created with the subject 'Follow Up Test Task'.
- To associate the task with the opportunity, fill the 'WhatId' field with the opportunity ID.
- This challenge specifically tests 200 records in one operation.

And here is the trigger I have come up with, which compiles OK and stands up to a manual (though admittedly unbulkified) test:
trigger ClosedOpportunityTrigger on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {

List<Task> taskList = new List<Task>();

for (Opportunity opp : [SELECT Id, StageName FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName = 'Closed Won' AND Id IN :Trigger.new]){

taskList.add(new Task(Subject = 'Follow Up Test Task',
                                  WhatId = opp.Id));

}

if(taskList.size()>0){

insert taskList;

}

}
I have tried replacing the SOQL with a straightforward 'for (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new)' and having the taskList.add inside an IF that checks for Closed Won - no luck. I also thought about checking to see if the stage was being changed to Closed Won, rather than the trigger firing on every edit, but I don't think this is what the module is asking for.

Where do you think I'm going wrong?

Huge thanks in advance!