• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there any plan to add Notifications & Assigment Rules support to the sforce api? this, from my point of view, is an important feature.

Hi, i am trying to use API 2.0. the login call works fine but when i try to use the describe function on a lead, i get an error in the reference.map file saying unknown method name describe .

Is there anything different using API 2.0? Do i need an updated WSDL?

PS: I am using VSNet 2003 with the SoapAPI

Hi,

is there a tag in the WSDL description witch tell us version of the WSDL this is? if not, could this be added next time?

thanks

Is there any plan on having a single logon server with the SOAP API? there is already one for the XMLRPC API and its easier to use this way. This causes problems with the samples and the addins because the server used in both are not the one my company has been assigned to.(we are on https://ssl...)

Hi,

I am trying to build a small test case and would like to know what url i should use to get to the WSDL definition? should i use the sforce.wsdl file from the sample or is there a wsdl url on your server so that i always get the latest definition?

thanks

Tarak

Hi All,

I read on the sforce.com website that all API 2.5 code is compatible with version 3.0 of the API. I have just updated my WDSL to version 3.0 and get a lot of bugs in my application now.

For instance, I can no longer create a mapEntry, the insert() method is no longer there etc...

I really really need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Are there any plans to end support for xmlrpc?  If so, when?
  • March 31, 2004
Is there any plan to add Notifications & Assigment Rules support to the sforce api? this, from my point of view, is an important feature.

One of the things I asked SF about early on was how we get customer emails into the system. They said we needed to copy-paste the contents of the email into SF. After realising they weren't joking (!), I was pleased to hear about the Outlook plugin, which deals with many of my concerns.

But.. this still relies on a human being to shove an incoming email into the system. So if for example a customer emails us, and we're short-staffed, and the email doesn't get dragged into SF for a few hours, it negates a lot of the benefits of the queuing and auto-escalation systems.

So my curiosity is whether anyone has put together, or is considering putting together, an app that will poll a mail server (for us, it would need to be via IMAP), pull incoming emails into SF, and then file them in another folder. The benefit then is that emails go directly and almost immediately into SF to be handled appropriately.

Is this feasible given the way SF works? How would emails be pulled in? How can we ensure emails that are pulled in are dealt with appropriately by support and sales personnel? My sense is that for this to work all emails would need to be shoved into SF as Cases, to ensure they were seen and handled by customer service people. Would that cause problems?

I welcome your thoughts.

Ollie

• August 07, 2003

I'm trying to retrieve an opportunity using a modified version of the sample from the API document.  This used to work for me, but it stopped working for me this evening.  I receive an error saying that the select list is not specified.

The SOAP request is as follows:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:tns="salesforce" xmlns:types="salesforce/encodedTypes" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<soap:Header>

<tns:headerStruct id="id1">

<session_id xsi:type="xsd:string">{SessionID}</session_id>

<version xsi:type="xsd:string">2.0</version>

</tns:headerStruct>

</soap:Header>

<soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

<q1:query xmlns:q1="sfconnector:SalesforceConnector">

<type xsi:type="xsd:string">opportunity</type>

<maxRows xsi:type="xsd:int">200</maxRows>

<scope xsi:type="xsd:string">filter</scope>

<select href="#id1"/>

<filter href="#id2"/>

</q1:query>

<soapenc:Array id="id1" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:string[4]">

<Item>id</Item>

<Item>ownerID</Item>

<Item>name</Item>

<Item>accountID</Item>

<Item>type</Item>

<Item>leadSource</Item>

<Item>amount</Item>

<Item>expectedAmount</Item>

<Item>closeDate</Item>

<Item>nextStep</Item>

<Item>stage</Item>

<Item>probability</Item>

<Item>campaignID</Item>

<Item>description</Item>

<Item>closed</Item>

<Item>won</Item>

<Item>forecastCategory</Item>

<Item>createdDate</Item>

<Item>lastModifiedDate</Item>

</soapenc:Array>

<soapenc:Array id="id2" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType[1]">

<Item href="#id3"/>

<soapenc:Array id="id3" soapenc:arrayType="tns:mapEntry[3]">

<Item href="#id4"/>

<Item href="#id5"/>

<Item href="#id6"/>

<tns:mapEntry id="id4" xsi:type="tns:mapEntry">

<key xsi:type="xsd:string">field</key>

<value xsi:type="xsd:string">{Field}</value>

</tns:mapEntry>

<tns:mapEntry id="id5" xsi:type="tns:mapEntry">

<key xsi:type="xsd:string">value</key>

<value xsi:type="xsd:{ValueType}">{Value}</value>

<tns:mapEntry id="id6" xsi:type="tns:mapEntry">

<key xsi:type="xsd:string">operator</key>

<value xsi:type="xsd:string">{Operator}</value>

</soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

• August 06, 2003

Hello,

I am working on the integration of SalesForce.com UI into our own product. To be able to achieve it, I need to be able to "drive" SalesForce.com UI from my own UI. For instance, knowing a Contact ID, I would like to know how to lookup the right customer into SalesForce.com UI from another UI running on the same PC in Internet Explorer.

Is it possible to:

1- post a URL with appropriate parameters (user login, user password, contact ID, ...) in a IE window to be loggued in into SF UI with contact screen with contact object found looked up?

2- execute a JavaScript function from an Internet Explorer window to lookup proper contact in another IE window on the same PC?

Thanks,

Mathieu