• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I’ve been trying to get DBAmp (2.3) working under SQL Server Express 2005 with no luck. So I will give a pre-emptive apology if this question has been answered before, sorry.

I can connect using the Excel connector with out a problem, but when I try with the DBAmp Configuration tool, no luck (Test Connection). When trying to connect I receive the following error:

Connection to SalesForce using DBAmp failed. Source: (null) Description: Error 5000: Unknown Exception in SyncRun::Api Request.

And when attempting to connect and issue a query like: SELECT * FROM SALESFORCE…Contact I receive this error under SQL Server 2005 Express:

Msg 7302, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "DBAmp.DBAmp" for linked server "SALESFORCE".

If anyone can offer a little insight I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

- Tim

Currently running:
Sforce Office ToolKit : 3.00.0021
DBAmp 2.3
SQL Server Express 2005 w/ MS SQL Server Management Studio Express
  • December 06, 2005
What is the rule for UserEmail uniqueness ? Is it unique with for the sf universe, within an org, within an org but shared with its sandbox ?

I've noticed that I cannot create a new developer instance with the same email but my email can be added to another org as an id.

Thanks,

Bill
  • June 02, 2006
Hi all,

I have some clients that are getting the following API error on NA2:

Error 5091 : Unable to complete the creation of the query cursor at this time, please retry your query later.

The error appears to have begun sometime last night and is only returned for certain tables: OpportunityLineItem, Order, etc.

A check to trust.salesforce.com shows no current hiccups but there seems to be a similiar post over in the .NET section. Any ideas?

Bill
forceAmp
  • May 26, 2006
How does a developer 'sign up' for the OEM version?

Thanks,

Bill
forceAmp.com
  • May 25, 2006
I'm thinking about upgrading Karl's old ADO.NET provider to work as a ADO.NET 2.0 provider with batch update capability and VS Desgin support.

Is there any interest in the .NET community for a new version of the provider ?

Thanks,

Bill
  • February 08, 2006
I'm using the sforce explorer pointed to the 7.0 endpoint and can't seem to find/query the ClosedWhenCreated field in the Case object definition. The field is documented in the 7.0 api docs as being a case field.

Thanks,

Bill
  • January 18, 2006
What is the 'Real-time database mirroring' mentioned as a feature of the Enterprise Edition ? This is in the edition comparison page under the AppExchangeAPI section.

Just haven't heard of it.

Thanks,

Bill
  • December 13, 2005
Does anyone know the status of the 2.0 version of the .NET Provider ? There was a presentation on it at Dreamforce, but the sourceforge site still has the 1.0 version.

Thanks,

Bill Emerson
  • November 28, 2005
See the Open Source forum for this and all future notices on DBAmp.

Bill Emerson
  • November 28, 2005

I just posted a new version of DBAMP, Version 2.3. This version fixes some bugs with the way decimal points were handled. There was also a bug with the Test Instance redirection that was fixed as well.

But the big news is the performance! A major improvement here, due to the detection of a nasty COM marshaling bug. See my blog for the technical details.

I'd recommend all DBAmp users at least download and begin testing this version on their test/developement machines. Wait a week and then if it all looks good, deploy to production.

DBAmp is open source and available at the forceAmp.com website.

And finally, I'd like to get some feedback. If DBAmp has worked for you or if you have a feature request, please drop me a line at bemerson @ forceamp.com .

Thanks,

Bill

• November 28, 2005
In an earlier post, Linebacker asked:

DBAmp is great. I never asked for, but can i write my local changed datasets back to Sforce? How?

and my repsonse was:

I think what you're looking for is a way to import from SQL Server into Salesforce (kind of the opposite of SF_Replicate). You can do it a couple of ways: 1. Use SQL Data Transform Services to export your SQL table into a csv, then use dataloader to upload this csv. 2. Write your own custom stored proc that compares the ID and SystemModstamp between the local table and the SALESFORCE...Object to find differences. Then use an update SQL statement to update the values you want up on the SALESFORCE side. I am considering writing a SF_Import stored proc that does this, but I have kinda of a full plate right now getting DBAmp ready for the Winter '06 release. Any open source'ers that want to take a stab at it (with a little guidance from me) ?

Now, Benfishin and I have taken up the challenge. As a new open source project, we are going to write an import program that imports records from SQL Server into Salesforce.

But first, I would like to get some input from the community with regards to the features needed. For example:

1. Should it be similiar to the options provided by the Sforce Data Loader ?

2. Should it use the new UPSERT command in the api ?

3. Should it be batch mode or interactive or both ?

Let's make sforce open source work for all of us. If you have some ideas, suggestions, or just want to help develop open source solutions, respond to this thread with contributions you can make. I'll take care of the details of setting up the project in SourceForge and allocating the developer member id's.

Thanks, Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 11-19-2005 07:16 AM

• November 19, 2005
A new version of DBAmp has been posted that allows you to point DBAmp to your Salesforce test instances. The new version also contains several bug fixes.

Visit www.forceamp.com for directions on downloading the open source version.

Enjoy,

Bill Emerson
  • November 02, 2005
A new version (V2.1) of DBAmp as been posted at the DBAmp open source project. Details are available at www.forceamp.com . The new version provides UPDATE /DELETE support as well as some performance enhancements. Questions regarding DBAmp can be posted in this forum (Open Source).

Thanks,
Bill Emerson
forceAmp.com

Message Edited by qman on 10-28-2005 05:14 PM

• October 26, 2005
A new version (V2.1) of DBAmp as been posted at the DBAmp open source project. Details are available at www.forceamp.com . The new version provides UPDATE /DELETE support as well as some performance enhancements. Questions regarding DBAmp can be posted in the Open Source forum. Thanks, Bill Emerson forceAmp.com

Message Edited by qman on 10-28-2005 05:12 PM

• October 26, 2005
DBAmp is now open source and free ! If you are looking for a way to access Salesforce.com data via SQL SELECT statements or need to quickly replicate your Salesforce.com data into local SQL Server tables, check out the DBAmp open source project at www.forceamp.com. If you don't have SQL Server, you can download a free version from Microsoft called the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition and use it to host DBAmp. You can watch a Dreamforce presentation on DBAmp at http://www.crmsuccess.com/browse/content_detail.jsp?id=006300000034wbZAAQ&flid=02n300000000ID7AAM&slid=&tlid=02o300000000haWAAQ Thanks to all who participated in the beta program. Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 10-28-2005 05:16 PM

• October 17, 2005
DBAmp is now open source and free !
If you are looking for a way to access Salesforce.com data via SQL SELECT statements or need to quickly replicate your Salesforce.com data into local SQL Server tables, check out the DBAmp open source project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbamp .

If you don't have SQL Server, you can download a free version from Microsoft called the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition and use it to host DBAmp.

You can watch a Dreamforce presentation on DBAmp at http://www.crmsuccess.com/browse/content_detail.jsp?id=006300000034wbZAAQ&flid=02n300000000ID7AAM&slid=&tlid=02o300000000haWAAQ

Thanks to all who participated in the beta program.
Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 10-17-2005 01:10 PM

• October 17, 2005

Has anyone tried to use the Excel Connector / Office Toolkit thru a proxy ?

Any configuration suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill

• September 21, 2005

I've posted a new version of my code to connect SForce with SQL Server. The new code allows you use SQL Update, Delete and Insert statements as well as complex Select joins.

To try the beta, visit www.forceamp.com and register for the download.

Thanks,

Bill Emerson

• July 26, 2005

Hi,

When I call the Delete method on an account that cannot be deleted because of existing cases, etc. , I do not get back an error message from the COM toolkit. Looking at the SOAPscope I see the following:

result {    errors    {       [xsi:nil = true]       fields = empty,       message = Delete Error: Your attempt to delete Acme Software could not be completed because it is associated with following Cases.,       statusCode = DELETE_FAILED    }    [xsi:nil = true]    id = empty,    success = false }

So I know that the api reports the error.  Here is my code:

try

{

// Retrieve id to row to delete

IField2Ptr idField = pCurSObject->Item("Id");

idField->PutValue(m_idStatusArray[iRow].id);

// salesforce.com delete

hr = pCurSObject->Delete();

}

catch (_com_error e)

{

// error occurred durning update

return (SFReportError(e.Error(),

IID_IRowsetChange,

pCurSObject->GetError(),

pCurSObject->GetErrorMessage()));

}

enum SError sfError = pCSFSession->GetError();

if (sfError != NO_SF_ERROR)

{

// error occurred durning query

return (SFReportError(DB_E_ERRORSINCOMMAND,IID_IRowsetChange,sfError,pCurSObject->GetErrorMessage()));

}

Thanks,

Bill Emerson

• July 07, 2005

Hi,

When I use the Office Toolkit to do a GetDeleted call on Account,  I get back from the toolkit an array of Account objects instead of an array of DeletedRecords objects.  How do I access the deletedDate field since it doesn't appear in the returned Account object ?

Thanks,

Bill

• July 07, 2005

Hi everyone,

I just put up a beta version some code I wrote to connect SQL Server and Salesforce.com.  If you would like to take a look at it, go to www.forceAmp.com and register for the beta program.  It is beta code, so set your expectations appropriately.

Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 06-30-2005 04:22 PM

• June 30, 2005
DBAmp is now open source and free ! If you are looking for a way to access Salesforce.com data via SQL SELECT statements or need to quickly replicate your Salesforce.com data into local SQL Server tables, check out the DBAmp open source project at www.forceamp.com. If you don't have SQL Server, you can download a free version from Microsoft called the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition and use it to host DBAmp. You can watch a Dreamforce presentation on DBAmp at http://www.crmsuccess.com/browse/content_detail.jsp?id=006300000034wbZAAQ&flid=02n300000000ID7AAM&slid=&tlid=02o300000000haWAAQ Thanks to all who participated in the beta program. Bill Emerson

• October 17, 2005
DBAmp is now open source and free !
If you are looking for a way to access Salesforce.com data via SQL SELECT statements or need to quickly replicate your Salesforce.com data into local SQL Server tables, check out the DBAmp open source project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbamp .

If you don't have SQL Server, you can download a free version from Microsoft called the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition and use it to host DBAmp.

You can watch a Dreamforce presentation on DBAmp at http://www.crmsuccess.com/browse/content_detail.jsp?id=006300000034wbZAAQ&flid=02n300000000ID7AAM&slid=&tlid=02o300000000haWAAQ

Thanks to all who participated in the beta program.
Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 10-17-2005 01:10 PM

• October 17, 2005
I'm considering Rails for an app that will sync with a relational database. Are the data replication methods getUpdated and getDeleted available through ActiveSalesforce? Is getUserInfo, or some equivalent,
available through ActiveSalesforce?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I need to report on all accounts of a certain account type, with no contacts of a certain markup. If I were constructing a SQL query, I'd say something like

select account.accountname
where
Recordtype  = 'xxx'
AND ID NOT IN (select AccountID FROM Contact WHERE Contact.Status = 'yyy')

How can this be done in SalesForce / with a related tool?

Thanks!
Tinkylou
I want to download campaigns created in Salesforce into a local table in my office. I want to have a job that runs that will update new campaigns created every 1 hour into the local table.

Anyone has something similar before? I would love to get some pointers before I start re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks
G
  • May 31, 2006
Hi
I am using salesforce api for one of my Biz talk integration project .
I want to fire some query with multiple tables say account ,contact etc and with some where condition like urn value null .
Can any one tell me how can i do this as Query method does not support joins .
Please reply as soon as possible if any one knows solution for this

Thanks in Advance
Sachin
I am trying to migrate a VBA document automation applicaiton from an Access database to Saleforce, calling SF data and populating local word templates. 

What is the best approach with VB.NET - I have been pointed towards datasets, but am not entirely sure what is the best practice..

Is it possible to define the relationships locally (in a local MDB for example), so that when SOQL string comes in, the relationship is already defined and couldl make processing faster(?).

My key concern is that if I have to write very bespoke data sets for each SOQL data set, if my Saleforce data fields change, is there any way to pick these up automatically, or would I have to change my VB code each time?

Is it likely in the future that SOQL will support joins - or is there any 3rd party VB query tool that could make the above much simpler?

Any pointers would be appreciated

Andrew

I have to insert/update a large number of opportunities (several hundred to several thousand) on a daily basis.  There are 500,000+ opportunities stored in salesforce.  To make it worse, the financial system can't store the salesforce ID.  That means I can't use retrieve because I don't have the salesforce IDs.  So I'm stuck with query.

Each record from the financial system has a "sale number" which is stored in a custom field in salesforce.  What I need to do is something like this:

select <columnlist> from Opportunity where SaleNumber__c IN (sale number array)

I know SOQL doesn't support the IN keyword, so does anyone know of a better way to get this done?  What we have to do today is pull the ENTIRE list of opportunities and then do a local match to determine insert/update - big performance hog.

My real solution is to build an intermediate database that contains both the salesforce ID and the sale number, do a local match and then an upsert.  That's in the works, but will take longer.  In the meantime...

This sounds bad, but if I use this syntax:

select <columnlist> from Opportunity where (SaleNumber__c=1 OR SaleNumber__c=2 OR SaleNumber__c=3 OR...)

How many ORs can I use?  It could be a very long string of them.

We are evaluating SalesForce and need to be able to do full text boolean searches of documents on SF. Results of searched words need to be highlighted within the document view. We need to find out if this is a viable solution before selecting SF.

Hi!

I'm trying to insert records inside a custom object using office toolkit 3 from excel vba. Now, when I try to modify the field MyObject(0)("RecordTypeId") = newId, execution stops and I get this error message from vba:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Invalid field index::recordtypeid

Then I added a watch on MyObject to see its list of fields, everything OK but RecordTypeId wasn't on the list...

I checked in the Salesforce interface to check if this field was actually created inside the object: it was!... it's a standard field inside my custom object.

I read the docs, and here is what they (api7 as well as office3) say about the RecordTypeId field:

"RecordTypeId Fields

Record types are used to offer different business processes and subsets of picklist values to different Users based on their Profile settings.

Record types are configured in the Salesforce user interface. The RecordType object is read-only in the API. A client application can retrieve the list of valid record type IDs (String) for a given object by calling Query on the RecordType object.

The RecordTypeId field can contain the ID of the RecordType that is associated with a standard or custom object. Client applications can set this field in Create or Update calls. If specified in a Create or Update call, the record type ID (String) must refer to a valid record type for that object.

:: Note

The RecordTypeId field is available only if at least one record type is configured for your organization in the Salesforce user interface.

For more information about ID fields, see ID Fields".

It actually states that it is possible to set this field in Create or Update calls using the API...

Now, why is it then that there is no RecordTypeId field accesible for me? What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong api (API 6.0, I suppose).  What is the meaning of the Note above: how can I configure at least one record type for my organization in the Salesforce user interface?????

Help very much appreciated!

Best regards, Santiago

I am facing a technical issue while setting up SaleForce web service in the Office InfoPath 2003 SP1
form designer. The InfoPath form designer raises an error while creating the data connection for SForce
web service. For WSDL info as per the SalesForce setup instruction, I specified the URL to a local wsdl
file which, I created by copying the wsdl content from the URL available from SalesForce.com for
enterprise.

Error info:
WSDLOperation:The operation login had an invalid parts attribute HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLOperation:Initializing of the input message failed for operation login HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLPort:An operation for port Soap could not be initialized HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLPort:Analyzing the binding information for port Soap failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLService:Initialization of the port for service SforceService failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLReader:Analyzing the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
Also after investigating I suspected one of the import tag used in the WSDL content which says,
<import namespace="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com"/>

As per one of the article this tag syntax is incomplete and MSXML 5.0 parser as supported by InfoPath 2003
SP1, would raise and error. [Ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_ip2003_ta/html/ODC_INFInfoPathXSD.asp, under the section "Importing and Including Schemas".]

I am desparately looking for a solution. Can anyone on SForce forum help?

Thanks.
Vijay
I'm planning on taking nightly back-ups from Salesforce.com into a database (SQL Server). I have a couple questions regarding the export process:

1.   If I only want the deltas should I use the LastModified Date as the selection criteria to determine recenlty created or updated records in the last 24 hours?

2.  Should I use Salesforce.com's server date/time value as a starting point for determining the above. If yes,  is it possible to do a select statement to get this value (outside of the SOAP getServerTimeStamp())?

3.  Do folks generally convert the UTC date/time stamp to their local time zone before inserting the records?

4.   If new fields are added (or maybe updated) should I consider dropping my back-up table and re-creating it to address this case?

I'm sure there are other points I need to consider so I'm hopefully folks can provide some additional input.
BTW, I'm planning on using Pervasive's Business Integrator to do the nightly exports.

Thanks in advance
Keith

Hi There!

I am undertaking a web overhaul and will be integrating the website with SFDC. I am currently integrating directly with SFDC via the API in real-time; however, some developers have recommended replicating the database and then doing a nightly data dump into SFDC. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to choose one over the other?

I appreciate any insight into this matter!

Thanks,
Melissa
Need salesforce.com consultants local to Denver.  Must be available immediately. 

We have a java web application that replicates some of the Sforce Objects. The web application polls the Sforce site for changes when it receives a request. Sometimes many requests come to this web application within a short time interval.

Therefore our application's polling frequency can be less than 5 minutes at times. We have however limited this frequency to 1 minute. 

We use Sforce API 6.0. The API documentation recommends that the polling frequency should be more than 5 minutes and if the polling is too frequent Sforce built in controls will prevent the request.

Does Sforce web service prevent above type of requests?  We have not seen any errors thrown by Sforce in above instances. But sometime we notice that a few objects had not replicated correctly. Please advise us on the exact rules involved.

Thanks
  • March 20, 2006
I am looking at updating to.from an oracle database.  We are looking to update the accounts/opportunity/contacts table from salesforce to an oracle database and also from oracle to salesforce.

Is this possible and how do I go about starting to achieve this?  Any help is appreciated.
Already hired someone.  Thanks for your interest.

Frank

Message Edited by FranksNickname on 03-03-2006 04:00 PM

I'm thinking about upgrading Karl's old ADO.NET provider to work as a ADO.NET 2.0 provider with batch update capability and VS Desgin support.

Is there any interest in the .NET community for a new version of the provider ?

Thanks,

Bill
  • February 08, 2006
Hi,
I have what appears to be a rather straightforward task but since I'm new to both .NET Web development and salesforce.com, I figured I'd ask before I get started.

We are creating a Web application that needs to show users a list of Salesforce Opportunities and allow them to make a selection. The selection will be stored in our own SQL Server tables along with other non salesforce related data that is entered on the screen.

Is this doable? From what I am reading I need to create and download the enterprise.wsdl. I also saw sample applications but wasn't sure which one was most appropriate for my needs. We are using vb.NET and Visual Studio 2003 Enterprise edition for our development.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Does the handleEmailMessage() method update the Status of a CASE if it attaches an EmailMessage object to an existing case?

My problem:

Our Reps each have a queue and the view of the Case Tab is set up to only list Cases that are not "CLOSED". I am noticing a scenario where a CASE got created with my custom EmailToCase Agent, the Rep replies to the email and then CLOSES the CASE. The person who receives the email then replies and the EmailToCase handleEmailMessage() method attached that reply EmailMessage to the existing case (as outlined in the documentation... which is exactly what we want), but the Status of the CASE does not change (which may be by design).

If so, any suggestions on how I could re-open the case by updating the status.

Thanks...
  • January 27, 2006