• 105 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have not used formulas before and I am trying to create a Workflow to update a date field in Accounts with the Lead Converted Date on creation of the Account.

I want to create a View in Accounts to use for Mail Merges.  The Mail Merge needs to be sent to all new Accounts from Converted Leads and also existing Accounts that need to have the document resent.  I propose that it is a date field so that the view can show all Accounts with this field showing Today's date.  This will then show all the Accounts with the Leads that were converted today and then anyone can also update this field on any other Accounts with Today's date if they need to information resent.

I currently have a checkbox field so that the View is run on all Accounts with the checkbox checked but this is not working for me because I then have to manually uncheck the checkbox for every Account each day so they do not appear in the View for the next day.

I have created the workflow but I am not sure what the formula should be.

Thank You.

• March 22, 2009

I have created a custom object that has a pick list field. I would like to have the default value of the pick list be the value that was selected from the most recently created record.

For example:

Object1.Record1.value = X (a pick list field)

When I create a new record in Object1 called Record2 the default value in that field must be X if that is the most recently created record.

Can anyone help with this?

I am wigging out because my custom object has vanished from the list of tables that I can query.

This object, "Object A" is a "detail" object in a master-detail relationship where the Contact table is the "master" object.

Recently I created another new custom object, "Object B" and made that into another "master" object for this "Object A".  So Object A has two masters, Object B and Contacts.

Doing this completely messed up my organization:

My users lost their list views

Several reports are now "obsolete" and will not run

But the data is still there, and it is intact.

Can someone please advise me on how to make my Object A re-appear in the Excel Connector?  We are using Enterprise Edition.

Hello,
I am a new user, and I am not a computer programmer.
I am trying to import a 3-column price list into SF Pro.  1) Part #, 2) Part Description, 3) Price.

I thought this would be simple  So far I have been given a 6-page .pdf that makes no sense for what I am trying to do.  It says I have to use the Excel Connector to import products into the Products 2  table, ensure that each product is linked to a Pricebook ID, and then import into a price book entry table.

Sounds good, except I have no idea what any of that means.  I was able to get the Excel add-in for Salesforce connector to work, that seems to be important in the forums I have read.

Is there any manual, or procedure available for importing a simple 3-column price list, that a lowly Marketing Manager guy could understand?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hey all,

I've just finished going through the DF '09 workbook for building a trigger. I'm now applying what I've learned to my real world example.  This is what I'm trying to do.

On my asset object I have a new lookup relationship to a my custom object: Support Contracts.  I want to return a list of assets which have the same support contract ID as the current asset.

Do I even need the Trigger.new?  If not then What do I put as the where clause?

Error message:

Error:
Compile Error: Invalid bind expression type of SOBJECT:Asset for Id
field of SObject Support_Contract__c at line 7 column 42 

[[Line 7 column 42 is where the word "Trigger" starts]]

Code so far:

trigger updateSupportContractAmount on Asset (after update) {
//gets the list of Assets
list<Asset> assetItems =
[Select a.List_Price__c, a.Quantity, a.Total__c
from Asset a
where a.Exclude_from_Renewals__c = False
and a.Support_Contract__r.id IN :Trigger.new
];

}

Message Edited by fifedog on 12-09-2009 07:52 PM
Message Edited by fifedog on 12-09-2009 07:53 PM

Recently relocated to Folsom and looking for full time position as a Salesforce.com CRM Admin/BA.

Link to my resume:

Summary of resume :

In past six years of being the sole administrator of the Salesforce.com platform at various companies I've completed multiple projects working with different departments. I utilize DemandTools for large data-set manipulation and creating standard maps for transferring accounts and opportunities when the business needs change. One of the best examples and strong points of DemandTools is when I did two separate projects for data migration, Support and Finance.

For the support project, I migrated over 100,000 records from their SalesLogics system to Salesforce. I didn't clean the data till it was in Salesforce.com. Once it was in Salesforce I used DemandTools and it's built in scenarios; with some customizations I cleaned hundreds of duplicate data in a day or two. I did the same with the Oracle integration for order processing. For smaller jobs, under 1,000 records, and quick changes I use the Excel Connector created by Ron Hess.

Even though I've created over 100 reports and dashboards in Salesforce it seems there is always a need for Excel.  The most powerful tool in excel is the use of the functions: Vlookup, Concatenate, and Mid.  In business there are many times when you're working with two data sets however each one is incomplete without the other. Therefore one must match and bring over the other fields.  I've taught several people, include Oracle consultants and my boss how to become proficient with these formulas.

I'm trying to use the current merge function of Salesforce but I want to initiate the merge process from an Account record I'm on instead of going back to the accounts tab, click on the merge link, type in the name. 

Here is my current code below however I'm getting this error: http://screencast.com/t/oub5ql4u6B

<script type="text/javascript"> top.location.href ="merge/accmergewizard.jsp?retURL=%2F001%2Fo&srch={!Account.Name}"; </script>

I've created a visualforce email template from the wiki. However the email recieved comes in HTML however it shows the html code, like the tags where in text.  See below for the examples of what it looks like.

This is how the idea looks: http://screencast.com/t/ahXpR8Qy

This is how the email looks: http://screencast.com/t/NAQoqZdc

Anyone have an idea about this?

Hello - I'm in a chicken and egg spot.  I'm trying to delete some classes because I need to delete some objects so I can reinstall from an updated package.  However there is no place to which I know of to delete the classes.  I do have the Force.com IDE installed too.  I figure it's best to show you, Screencast.
Primary Goal:  Consume and present Salesforce Public Solutions within the context of our website

We have a google mini box and want to have it search our public solutions we have in salesforce when people do a general search on our web site. Therefore the box has to be 'configured' to look into salesforce's solutions object and index only those where "public" is tagged.  Is this possible?

Message Edited by RickyG on 12-03-2008 03:33 PM
Calling all developers that thought the facebook and Starbucks ideas was cool. However what could you build? Well I have a 'idea' for you.

I'm looking to do the same concept however have it connected to the Salesforce's ideas exchange, more specifically around the ideas for the category of Online Community. This application's purpose is to enable for us, the customers the community, to see what our friends are voting on.  Now maybe is should be for all of ideas maybe it can be developed to be for only one category or maybe it's configurable?  I don't know and that's where I need your help.

I know DevAngle is updating his 'somethen - somethen' around this but I'm asking all of you to see if we couldn't create something viral.  Right now it's a bit tedious to wade through all the ideas.  Why not start seeing what our friends are voting on?

Of course this would be ONLY for current salesforce users.  They would have to have permission to vote on the ideas exchange in the first place so the scope of this is intended to be for only current salesforce customers, not any one.

If you're interested please let me know by replying to this thread.
Hi, (I apologize for the intrusive message on this board but I wanted to get the word out)
My name is Pete Fife, I'm not an employee of Salesforce but I very passionate about the user community. In 2003 I was the one that started the original Salesforce community on yahoo groups.  At Dreamforce 2004 I stood up on stage and announced we would roll over to this technology.  I was happy at the time since we needed something else and thought the community and technology would continue to get better. Well 4 years later the only real changes to these boards is the look.  It's time to drive Salesforce again.

I'm heading up a small group of people to get your feedback on how and what this on-line community should look like.  I would like to have a couple people from each perspective, newer to Salesforce, veterans, Dev, business analysts and yes even a couple people from Salesforce to gain a perspective on what this community should do.  We've already had a small meeting at Dreamforce 08 with 50 people and talked about ideas we wanted and I think there were some great ideas.  So if you're interested in giving your feedback please join my Facebook group: Facebook group

Ironic it maybe that I'm trying to unit the using community on one technology but using a different one... well that is the fundamental issue with the current set up. It doesn't allow us to create our own unique areas.
All - I'm posting this as more of an FYI than asking for help.  For the last year we've been experiencing an issue where the email to case engine appears to drop the CC list from the emails (not all just some) once it makes it into Salesforce.  We started on email2case version 1.5 and had to upgrade to the 1.6 which Salesforce said they fixed this issue and before they would help me any more. However we're still seeing it.

It appears from my 1/2 day of testing: Yahoo, Outlook, Horde, Mirapoint Webmail, Mail (from apple), work. So far Thunderbird versions1.5 and 2.0, both Mac and PC, have this issue as well as Pine 4.61 on unix.

I have updated my case with Salesforce so let's see what happens.  Any bets on whether Salesforce says it's a Thunderbird issue?

Message Edited by fifedog on 10-18-2007 03:33 PM

Update: Jan 4 2007. It appears Salesforce has fixed this issue.

Message Edited by fifedog on 01-04-2008 02:25 PM
Via the sforce explorer when I log in as a standard sales rep the Partner object is hidden. Is this normal?
Has anyone have a nice way of creating a random number using a formula field? Here's our business case.

We're creating certification records in salesforce to track who are certified on our product. A benifit of this is they can call into our Support system and type in their Certification Number to be placed in front of the queue. However we don't want people to guess what the numbers may be from a sequence.
Just thought I would post this here... no I'm not from the Open Access but we're looking into this ODBC to Salesforce driver....

Until the new year, the OpenAccess ODBC driver for Salesforce is available for the low price of $99 dollars per year. Please visit http://www.openaccesssoftware.com/products/openrda/sfpricing.asp for more information and to sign up for the annual program.

Please visit http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com/products/openrda/Salesforce_overview.asp to learn more about the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.
In testing this method I'm not able to have the portal stop my test partner from taking more leads. Below are the lines I have in my Config properties.

Another question is why does it seem like there are two areas where you need/can put the status values?

# Comma separated list of queues that respect the open lead limit. To disable
# all restricted queue behavior, remove all values to the right of the "=".
# - out of box - lead.queues.restricted.names=Shark Tank
lead.queues.restricted.names=Open,In Progress

# The maximum number of leads a user can have before they are restricted
# from acquiring new leads through the portal from restricting queues.
lead.open.limit=5
lead.open.where.clause=Status = 'Open'
lead.open.where.clause.include.owner=true
This maybe a novice question, or a stupid one but I'm trying to figure out make this email2case run on reguardless if a of user log in or server reboot.

1) I want to be sure if the server is rebooted it will autostart.
2) I don't want to be logged into the windows machine to have it run. So how do I 'install'/make this agent run like a service?
Hello,
I know there was an API issue with exposing the tasks to partners due to the email/phone fields when the new release of API 6.0 came out, but wondering if it's been fixed yet?
Just to let you know the documents don't state what the units are when it talks about the refresh times... in talking with one of the developers he said they're in minutes.
Has anyone played with this yet? Due to my lack programing and not very familiar with JAVA and/or eclipse I'm running into some issues, errors could very well be between chair and computer.

In reading the Email2Case Readme file it states: "Load the Prject in Eclipse, and Start it up. You'll alos want to build the Email2Case JAR so you can run it from the command line." I have the 1.4.2 JSDK installed (from using the partner toolkit which runs properly)

I have extracted the Email2Case project to my C:\\EmailAgent60. Then I opened Eclipse and created a new project. I think I added the "Email2Case.jar" fine. I then go to Run and the "main Class" is set to org.apache.tools.ant.Main. I run it and it give me the error of: "build.xml does not exist!"

Ideas?
Hello,
I have a quesiton for the Salesforce people. Right now pre-summer 05 release / API 6.0 the partner portal doesn't allow a partner to change the owner of a lead. So that causes an issue when people use a queue method. If 5 partners are given access to all the same leads in a queue then how do they "Take" that lead out from that Queue?

With the new API will partners be able to "change" owner of the lead?

Hello,

I'm trying to two things at the same time in my javascript, Set fields on the contact record, then fire an email. 

Overview: We're going to start managing partner data, contacts and accounts, from within SFDC.  We currently have a Partner Extranet that allows the partner to log in and get access to documents and marketing stuff.  When a new partner signs up, an Account and Contact is created.  Once the Partner Manager approves this partner they want to have a "One Click" approval that does multiplet steps, Mark the contact as active, create a password, send welcome email with the contacts username (their email address) and password.

Issue: Each of the steps work independently however when I try and do them all at once, only the email step seems to work.  The screen seems to go right to the email step.  When I send the email and return to the contact record, no password is set nor is the active field.

Any Ideas, the code is below

Code

var URL = "https://na1.salesforce.com/{!Contact_ID}/e?retURL=%2F{!Contact_ID}";
var field_pswd= "&00N30000000ksPV=";
var sPassword = "";
var field_active="&00N30000000ksPa=1";
var template="00X30000000gvfF";

Main();

function Main() {
sPassword = GeneratePassword();
//Here is where I set all the values for the URL to Edit and auto save the record.
parent.frames.location.replace(URL+field_active+field_pswd+sPassword+"&save=1");

//Here is where I create an email from this record with a pre-determind template.
parent.frames.location.replace("https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Contact_ID}+&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Contact_ID}&template_id="+template+"&p2={!User_ID}");
}

function GeneratePassword() {
var length=4;
var noPunction = true;
var numl = 0;

for (i=0; i < length; i++) {

numI = getRandomNum();
if (noPunction) {while (checkPunc(numI)) {numI = getRandomNum(); }}

sPassword = sPassword + String.fromCharCode(numI);
}

return sPassword;
}

function getRandomNum() {

// between 0 - 1
var rndNum = Math.random();

// rndNum from 0 - 1000
rndNum = parseInt(rndNum * 1000);

// rndNum from 33 - 127
rndNum = (rndNum % 94) + 33;
return rndNum;
}

function checkPunc(num) {

if ((num >=33) && (num <=47)) { return true; }
if ((num >=58) && (num <=64)) { return true; }
if ((num >=91) && (num <=96)) { return true; }
if ((num >=123) && (num <=126)) { return true; }

return false;
}

Hello,

I've added a custom object, called Player(s), to the opportunity object.  Players will act like the Contact Roles object in Salesforce. 

However I'm unable to add or view a new record as my partner via the partner portal. The Profile has all CRUD access to this object, however nothing shows up to the partner to add a new player.

Ideas?

Hey all,

I've just finished going through the DF '09 workbook for building a trigger. I'm now applying what I've learned to my real world example.  This is what I'm trying to do.

On my asset object I have a new lookup relationship to a my custom object: Support Contracts.  I want to return a list of assets which have the same support contract ID as the current asset.

Do I even need the Trigger.new?  If not then What do I put as the where clause?

Error message:

Error:
Compile Error: Invalid bind expression type of SOBJECT:Asset for Id
field of SObject Support_Contract__c at line 7 column 42 

[[Line 7 column 42 is where the word "Trigger" starts]]

Code so far:

trigger updateSupportContractAmount on Asset (after update) {
//gets the list of Assets
list<Asset> assetItems =
[Select a.List_Price__c, a.Quantity, a.Total__c
from Asset a
where a.Exclude_from_Renewals__c = False
and a.Support_Contract__r.id IN :Trigger.new
];

}

Message Edited by fifedog on 12-09-2009 07:53 PM
 I am a  on L1 VISA from India working for a reputed MNC as a Salesforce Administrator.  I am looking for a change and intrested in working  as a Salesforce Adminstrator on H1 VISA  please mail me at sush.bist1@gmail.com if there are any suitable openings

Hi,

I have a multiline text field which I want to display as a long box. The way I have it is like so:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Title" columns="1"> <apex:inputField value="{!myField__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection>

This generates the box but it's shrunk as though it's inside a pageBlockSection with 2 columns. Any ideas on how to show this box properly? Thanks.

• October 06, 2009
I have a picklist with three options:

"Requested by Sales Ops"
"Successful"
"Failed"

I am trying to create a validation rule that prevents this from being changed if it already is listed as "Successful".

Here's what I have so far but it kicks in regardless of the change in the field - not just when it already shows "Successful".

NOT(AND(ISCHANGED( Opp_FMS_Integration__c ),
ISPICKVAL( Opp_FMS_Integration__c , "Successful")))

Any suggestions?

Jane
  • September 08, 2009

I would like to automate by creating a workflow which will make the case activity history public without having to click on "Make public" for all items under the activity history.

Is this possible? If so how?

• September 04, 2009

I am trying to create 2 lead queues for my sales team based on the Lead City field:

1. Northern CA

2. Southern CA

The problem I am having is how to add the 675 city names to the assignment rule for Nor Cal and the 1,071 city names for So. Cal.

Thoughts?

Nor Cal cities are:

SALINAS,
BIG SUR,
CARMEL BY THE SEA,
CARMEL,
CARMEL VALLEY,
CHUALAR,
GONZALES,
GREENFIELD,
JOLON,
KING CITY,
LOCKWOOD,
MARINA,
MONTEREY,
PACIFIC GROVE,
PEBBLE BEACH,
SAN LUCAS,
SEASIDE,
SOLEDAD,
SPRECKELS,
BELMONT,
BRISBANE,
BURLINGAME,
DALY CITY,
EL GRANADA,
HALF MOON BAY,
LA HONDA,
LOMA MAR,
LOS ALTOS,
MENLO PARK,
ATHERTON,
PORTOLA VALLEY,
MILLBRAE,
MOUNTAIN VIEW,
MONTARA,
MOSS BEACH,
PACIFICA,
PESCADERO,
REDWOOD CITY,
SAN BRUNO,
SAN CARLOS,
SAN GREGORIO,
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO,
SUNNYVALE,
SAN FRANCISCO,
SACRAMENTO,
PALO ALTO,
STANFORD,
SAN MATEO,
ALAMEDA,
AMERICAN CANYON,
DISCOVERY BAY,
DANVILLE,
ALAMO,
ANGWIN,
ANTIOCH,
BENICIA,
BETHEL ISLAND,
BIRDS LANDING,
BRENTWOOD,
BYRON,
CALISTOGA,
CANYON,
CLAYTON,
CONCORD,
PLEASANT HILL,
CROCKETT,
DIABLO,
EL CERRITO,
FAIRFIELD,
TRAVIS AFB,
FREMONT,
HAYWARD,
CASTRO VALLEY,
HERCULES,
KNIGHTSEN,
LAFAYETTE,
LIVERMORE,
MARTINEZ,
MORAGA,
NAPA,
NEWARK,
OAKLEY,
OAKVILLE,
ORINDA,
PINOLE,
PITTSBURG,
PLEASANTON,
POPE VALLEY,
DUBLIN,
PORT COSTA,
RIO VISTA,
RODEO,
RUTHERFORD,
SAINT HELENA,
DEER PARK,
SAN LEANDRO,
SAN LORENZO,
SAN RAMON,
SUISUN CITY,
SUNOL,
UNION CITY,
VALLEJO,
WALNUT CREEK,
YOUNTVILLE,
OAKLAND,
EMERYVILLE,
PIEDMONT,
BERKELEY,
ALBANY,
RICHMOND,
EL SOBRANTE,
SAN PABLO,
SAN RAFAEL,
GREENBRAE,
KENTFIELD,
BELVEDERE TIBURON,
BODEGA,
BODEGA BAY,
BOLINAS,
CORTE MADERA,
ROHNERT PARK,
DILLON BEACH,
FAIRFAX,
COTATI,
FOREST KNOLLS,
INVERNESS,
LAGUNITAS,
LARKSPUR,
MARSHALL,
MILL VALLEY,
NOVATO,
NICASIO,
OLEMA,
PENNGROVE,
PETALUMA,
POINT REYES STATION,
ROSS,
SAN ANSELMO,
SAN GERONIMO,
SAN QUENTIN,
SAUSALITO,
STINSON BEACH,
TOMALES,
VALLEY FORD,
WOODACRE,
APTOS,
ALVISO,
AROMAS,
BEN LOMOND,
BOULDER CREEK,
BROOKDALE,
CAMPBELL,
CAPITOLA,
CASTROVILLE,
COYOTE,
CUPERTINO,
DAVENPORT,
FELTON,
FREEDOM,
GILROY,
HOLLISTER,
HOLY CITY,
LOS GATOS,
MILPITAS,
MORGAN HILL,
MOSS LANDING,
MOUNT HERMON,
NEW ALMADEN,
PAICINES,
REDWOOD ESTATES,
SAN JUAN BAUTISTA,
SAN MARTIN,
SANTA CLARA,
SANTA CRUZ,
SCOTTS VALLEY,
SARATOGA,
SOQUEL,
TRES PINOS,
WATSONVILLE,
SAN JOSE,
MOUNT HAMILTON,
STOCKTON,
ACAMPO,
ALTAVILLE,
ANGELS CAMP,
ARNOLD,
AVERY,
BURSON,
CAMPO SECO,
CLEMENTS,
COPPEROPOLIS,
DOUGLAS FLAT,
FARMINGTON,
FRENCH CAMP,
GLENCOE,
HATHAWAY PINES,
HOLT,
LINDEN,
LOCKEFORD,
LODI,
MOKELUMNE HILL,
MOUNTAIN RANCH,
MURPHYS,
RAIL ROAD FLAT,
SAN ANDREAS,
SHEEP RANCH,
VALLECITO,
VALLEY SPRINGS,
VICTOR,
WALLACE,
WEST POINT,
WILSEYVILLE,
WOODBRIDGE,
ATWATER,
BALLICO,
TRACY,
BIG OAK FLAT,
CATHEYS VALLEY,
CERES,
CHINESE CAMP,
COLUMBIA,
COULTERVILLE,
CRESSEY,
CROWS LANDING,
DARDANELLE,
DELHI,
DENAIR,
EL NIDO,
EL PORTAL,
EMPIRE,
ESCALON,
GROVELAND,
GUSTINE,
HICKMAN,
HILMAR,
HORNITOS,
HUGHSON,
JAMESTOWN,
KEYES,
LA GRANGE,
LATHROP,
LE GRAND,
LIVINGSTON,
LONG BARN,
MANTECA,
MARIPOSA,
MERCED,
MIDPINES,
MI WUK VILLAGE,
MOCCASIN,
MODESTO,
NEWMAN,
OAKDALE,
PATTERSON,
PINECREST,
PLANADA,
RIPON,
RIVERBANK,
SALIDA,
SNELLING,
SONORA,
SOULSBYVILLE,
STANDARD,
STEVINSON,
STRAWBERRY,
TUOLUMNE,
TURLOCK,
TWAIN HARTE,
VERNALIS,
WATERFORD,
WESTLEY,
WINTON,
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK,
SANTA ROSA,
ALBION,
ANNAPOLIS,
BOONVILLE,
BOYES HOT SPRINGS,
BRANSCOMB,
CALPELLA,
CAMP MEEKER,
CASPAR,
CAZADERO,
CLEARLAKE,
CLEARLAKE OAKS,
CLEARLAKE PARK,
CLOVERDALE,
COBB,
COMPTCHE,
COVELO,
DOS RIOS,
DUNCANS MILLS,
ELDRIDGE,
ELK,
EL VERANO,
FINLEY,
FORESTVILLE,
FORT BRAGG,
FULTON,
GEYSERVILLE,
GLEN ELLEN,
GLENHAVEN,
GRATON,
GUALALA,
GUERNEVILLE,
HEALDSBURG,
HOPLAND,
JENNER,
KELSEYVILLE,
KENWOOD,
LAKEPORT,
LAYTONVILLE,
LITTLE RIVER,
LOWER LAKE,
LUCERNE,
MANCHESTER,
MENDOCINO,
MIDDLETOWN,
MONTE RIO,
NAVARRO,
NICE,
OCCIDENTAL,
PHILO,
HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE,
POINT ARENA,
POTTER VALLEY,
REDWOOD VALLEY,
RIO NIDO,
SEBASTOPOL,
SONOMA,
STEWARTS POINT,
TALMAGE,
UKIAH,
UPPER LAKE,
VILLA GRANDE,
VINEBURG,
WESTPORT,
WILLITS,
WINDSOR,
WITTER SPRINGS,
YORKVILLE,
THE SEA RANCH,
EUREKA,
ALDERPOINT,
BLOCKSBURG,
ARCATA,
MCKINLEYVILLE,
BAYSIDE,
BLUE LAKE,
BRIDGEVILLE,
BURNT RANCH,
CARLOTTA,
CRESCENT CITY,
CUTTEN,
FERNDALE,
FIELDS LANDING,
FORT **bleep**,
FORTUNA,
GARBERVILLE,
GASQUET,
HONEYDEW,
HOOPA,
HYDESVILLE,
KLAMATH,
KNEELAND,
KORBEL,
LOLETA,
MAD RIVER,
MIRANDA,
MYERS FLAT,
ORICK,
ORLEANS,
PETROLIA,
PHILLIPSVILLE,
REDWAY,
RIO DELL,
SALYER,
SAMOA,
SCOTIA,
SMITH RIVER,
SOMES BAR,
REDCREST,
TRINIDAD,
WEOTT,
WILLOW CREEK,
LEGGETT,
PIERCY,
WHITETHORN,
ZENIA,
AMADOR CITY,
AUBURN,
WEST SACRAMENTO,
BROOKS,
CAPAY,
CARMICHAEL,
CITRUS HEIGHTS,
CLARKSBURG,
COLOMA,
COOL,
COURTLAND,
DAVIS,
DIAMOND SPRINGS,
DIXON,
EL DORADO,
ELK GROVE,
ELMIRA,
ELVERTA,
ESPARTO,
FAIR OAKS,
FIDDLETOWN,
FOLSOM,
FORESTHILL,
GALT,
GARDEN VALLEY,
GEORGETOWN,
GREENWOOD,
GRIZZLY FLATS,
GUINDA,
HERALD,
HOOD,
IONE,
ISLETON,
JACKSON,
KIT CARSON,
KNIGHTS LANDING,
KIRKWOOD,
LINCOLN,
LOOMIS,
LOTUS,
MCCLELLAN,
MADISON,
MARTELL,
MATHER,
MOUNT AUKUM,
NEWCASTLE,
NICOLAUS,
NORTH HIGHLANDS,
ROSEVILLE,
ORANGEVALE,
PENRYN,
PILOT HILL,
PINE GROVE,
PIONEER,
PLACERVILLE,
PLEASANT GROVE,
PLYMOUTH,
RANCHO CORDOVA,
REPRESA,
RESCUE,
RIO LINDA,
RIO OSO,
RIVER PINES,
ROBBINS,
ROCKLIN,
RUMSEY,
RYDE,
SHERIDAN,
SHINGLE SPRINGS,
SLOUGHHOUSE,
SOMERSET,
SUTTER CREEK,
THORNTON,
VACAVILLE,
VOLCANO,
WALNUT GROVE,
WHEATLAND,
WILTON,
WINTERS,
WOODLAND,
YOLO,
ZAMORA,
DRYTOWN,
ALTA,
APPLEGATE,
CAMINO,
CHICAGO PARK,
COLFAX,
DUTCH FLAT,
EMIGRANT GAP,
GOLD RUN,
KYBURZ,
ECHO LAKE,
MEADOW VISTA,
NORDEN,
POLLOCK PINES,
SODA SPRINGS,
TWIN BRIDGES,
WEIMAR,
GRANITE BAY,
EL DORADO HILLS,
ANTELOPE,
MARYSVILLE,
BEALE AFB,
ALLEGHANY,
ARBUCKLE,
ARTOIS,
BANGOR,
BELDEN,
BERRY CREEK,
BIGGS,
BROWNS VALLEY,
BROWNSVILLE,
BUTTE CITY,
CAMPTONVILLE,
CANYON DAM,
CEDAR RIDGE,
CHALLENGE,
CHICO,
CLIPPER MILLS,
COLUSA,
CRESCENT MILLS,
DOBBINS,
DOWNIEVILLE,
DUNNIGAN,
DURHAM,
ELK CREEK,
FEATHER FALLS,
FORBESTOWN,
FOREST RANCH,
GLENN,
GOODYEARS BAR,
GRASS VALLEY,
PENN VALLEY,
GREENVILLE,
GRIDLEY,
GRIMES,
HAMILTON CITY,
LIVE OAK,
MAGALIA,
MAXWELL,
MEADOW VALLEY,
MERIDIAN,
NELSON,
NEVADA CITY,
NORTH SAN JUAN,
OLIVEHURST,
OREGON HOUSE,
ORLAND,
OROVILLE,
PARADISE,
PALERMO,
PRINCETON,
QUINCY,
RACKERBY,
RICHVALE,
ROUGH AND READY,
SMARTSVILLE,
STIRLING CITY,
STONYFORD,
STORRIE,
STRAWBERRY VALLEY,
SUTTER,
TAYLORSVILLE,
TWAIN,
WASHINGTON,
WILLIAMS,
WILLOWS,
YUBA CITY,
REDDING,
ADIN,
ANDERSON,
BELLA VISTA,
BIEBER,
BIG BAR,
BIG BEND,
BURNEY,
CALLAHAN,
CANBY,
CASSEL,
CASTELLA,
SHASTA LAKE,
CHESTER,
CORNING,
COTTONWOOD,
DORRIS,
DOUGLAS CITY,
DUNSMUIR,
ETNA,
FALL RIVER MILLS,
FLOURNOY,
FORKS OF SALMON,
FORT JONES,
FRENCH GULCH,
GAZELLE,
GERBER,
GREENVIEW,
GRENADA,
HAPPY CAMP,
HAT CREEK,
HAYFORK,
HORNBROOK,
HYAMPOM,
IGO,
JUNCTION CITY,
KLAMATH RIVER,
LAKEHEAD,
LEWISTON,
LOOKOUT,
LOS MOLINOS,
MCARTHUR,
MCCLOUD,
MACDOEL,
MANTON,
MILL CREEK,
MILLVILLE,
MINERAL,
MONTAGUE,
MONTGOMERY CREEK,
MOUNT SHASTA,
NUBIEBER,
OAK RUN,
OBRIEN,
OLD STATION,
PALO CEDRO,
PASKENTA,
PAYNES CREEK,
PLATINA,
PROBERTA,
RED BLUFF,
ROUND MOUNTAIN,
SCOTT BAR,
SEIAD VALLEY,
SHASTA,
SHINGLETOWN,
TEHAMA,
TRINITY CENTER,
VINA,
WEAVERVILLE,
WEED,
WHISKEYTOWN,
WHITMORE,
YREKA,
ALTURAS,
BLAIRSDEN-GRAEAGLE,
CEDARVILLE,
CHILCOOT,
CLIO,
COLEVILLE,
DAVIS CREEK,
DOYLE,
EAGLEVILLE,
FLORISTON,
FORT BIDWELL,
HERLONG,
JANESVILLE,
LAKE CITY,
LIKELY,
LITCHFIELD,
LOYALTON,
MADELINE,
MARKLEEVILLE,
MILFORD,
PORTOLA,
RAVENDALE,
CALPINE,
SIERRA CITY,
SIERRAVILLE,
SUSANVILLE,
STANDISH,
BECKWOURTH,
TERMO,
TOPAZ,
TULELAKE,
VINTON,
WENDEL,
WESTWOOD,
CARNELIAN BAY,
HOMEWOOD,
TAHOMA,
KINGS BEACH,
TAHOE CITY,
OLYMPIC VALLEY,
TAHOE VISTA,
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE,
TRUCKE

I'm trying to use the current merge function of Salesforce but I want to initiate the merge process from an Account record I'm on instead of going back to the accounts tab, click on the merge link, type in the name. 

Here is my current code below however I'm getting this error: http://screencast.com/t/oub5ql4u6B

<script type="text/javascript"> top.location.href ="merge/accmergewizard.jsp?retURL=%2F001%2Fo&srch={!Account.Name}"; </script>

I know there is lots you can do in SFDC with which I am bewildered and dont know where to start, however I really need to do this.

I want to be able to put in a buy price and list price for a product. When I then create an opportunity, I want to be able to see both of these prices, and change either price if I want by line item and then for the overall amount to update.

We sell software. I want to be able to generate a forecast/report (based on our buy price) for our software vendors.

Can anyone assist with any or both parts.

PS, I am not overly technical, so simple language would be great.

Thanks

Anton

Message Edited by plackow on 03-27-2009 05:39 AM

I have not used formulas before and I am trying to create a Workflow to update a date field in Accounts with the Lead Converted Date on creation of the Account.

I want to create a View in Accounts to use for Mail Merges.  The Mail Merge needs to be sent to all new Accounts from Converted Leads and also existing Accounts that need to have the document resent.  I propose that it is a date field so that the view can show all Accounts with this field showing Today's date.  This will then show all the Accounts with the Leads that were converted today and then anyone can also update this field on any other Accounts with Today's date if they need to information resent.

I currently have a checkbox field so that the View is run on all Accounts with the checkbox checked but this is not working for me because I then have to manually uncheck the checkbox for every Account each day so they do not appear in the View for the next day.

I have created the workflow but I am not sure what the formula should be.

Thank You.

• March 22, 2009

Hello

I have a quite easy formula to build but I get stuck

I have a date field. I have a number field (number of months)

I am trying to add the number of month to the date field to get a new date

For that I have rebuild date thank to month, year, day of date field and date function

Issue I have for instance is : 01/30/09 + 1 month -> date (2009,02,30) which gives an error

Is there a way to say : if (date(2009,02,30) is an error) then .... ?

Is there another way to build my calculated date ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Message Edited by alachmann on 03-21-2009 03:02 PM
Does anyone know how to make the comments area in tasks bigger when editing?
  • March 20, 2009

I have created a custom object that has a pick list field. I would like to have the default value of the pick list be the value that was selected from the most recently created record.

For example:

Object1.Record1.value = X (a pick list field)

When I create a new record in Object1 called Record2 the default value in that field must be X if that is the most recently created record.

Can anyone help with this?

Hello Everyone!,

I need to create a formula field that will update a field with text based on certain criteria.

Ex:  If division_c = yes and BCP = yes, update the formula field with AAABBBCCC.  I have tried multiple varitions of the ISPICKVAL () using AND, IF and nothing seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!  

I built a report that has 579 results. If I export the report directly to excel, then all 579 records are exported. However, when I import the same report via the excel connector, then only 239 records are exported, and I can not determine why certain records are not being pulled from the report, since it works completely when I export directly from SFDC.  Any ideas?

Thank you in advace!
  • February 26, 2009
We have created an interface between back end systems and SFDC. Everything worked fine in the Sandbox although the following scenario may not have been tested. Inserting a new Opportunity record works fine, however, trying to update an existing opportunity gives the following error
Unable to create/update fields: Sales_Tax_Charges__c, Total_Charges___c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.
INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE

The above two fields referrenced in the error message are formula fields and not even referenced in the Interface code. One of the fields used in the formula(s) is refereced (Tax Rate) and this is one of the fields that we are trying to update.

Any help on the following error would be apprecitated and is URGENT!

Linda