• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey There,

I have developed an sforce control (via MFC C++ ActiveX) and things are working great.  However, when the user presses certain keys - like the backspace key - IE processes the input before my control ever sees it.  In the case of the backspace key, for example, IE navigates back to the previous URL.  Does anyone know of a way to disable IE's interception of such keyboard input?

Thanks in advance,

Duke

• July 11, 2005

Hey All,

I just discovered an issue relating to custom events fired from ActiveX controls, which I think is worth sharing.  First, a little background is in order.  I developed an ActiveX control that fires a custom event.  I tested the control using the MS ActiveX Test Container and that worked fine.  I also ran the control within a "normal" html page and this also worked insomuch as the event fired and was handled by the script.  But when I embedded this HTML as an S-Control, the event was never handled by the script.  It was as if the event wasn't firing even though it was.  I converted my JavaScript into VBScript, but still no luck.  Then I tried a newer version of IE 6.0 and it worked!  It appears that custom ActiveX events are handled when using IE 6.0.2900, but they are not handled in IE 6.0.2800.  FYI.

Duke

• June 21, 2005

Hi,

I'm using the SForceOfficeToolkit from within an ActiveX control, which is written in C++.  I am trying to create Activity History entries (i.e., Tasks) relating to contacts or leads.  Everything works up until the point I call ISForceSession.Create.  This call throws a Dispatch Exception.  The task objects I passed to this call are encapsulated in a VARIANT that holds a SAFEARRAY of IDispatch objects.  Said differently, the vt field is set to VT_ARRAY | VT_DISPATCH.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully called the SForceOfficeToolkit from C++ and, in particular, who has created some sort of object via the Create method?

Regards,

Duke

• June 21, 2005

Hey out there in sforce land!

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in creating an sforce custom control with activex that 'fires' a custom event?  Here's why I ask ... I have an activex control that fires just such a custom event.  The event carries a few VARIANT arguments.  The event fires and is handled successfully in either VBScript or JavaScript, provided it is NOT within sfdc.  So if I run the control in the ActiveX Test Container or if I run it in a "regular" web page - the event is handled fine.  But if a take this same control, with the same script and with the same IE browser, a plop it into sfdc, it does not.  Argghhhh!

At the risk of crying "bug" prematurely (hard habit to break ;-)) I thought I would try to fnd out if anyone else has done this successfully or has seen the same behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Duke

• June 15, 2005

Hey there,

Can anyone out there give me a few pointers on how one creates/inserts a new record within a contact's Activity History?  My situation is a follows:

• I've developed an ActiveX control that performs some operations relating (potentially) to an sfdc contact or lead.
  • I want to lookup the contact/lead by its email address.
  • With that contact/lead ID in hand, I'd like to insert an entry (ie. task) within the Activity History of the contact or lead.
  • I am using Javascript.

Any help would be greatly appeciated!  Ae

Thanks in advance,

Duke

• June 14, 2005

Hey,

I just tried to use the HTMLPage1.htm sample that DevAngel posted some time ago.  It ran fine under IE but not when I use Firefox.  Does anyone know why that wouldn't work under FF?  I'm just curious.  Also, in case it is not obvious, my knowledge of JavaScript is pretty minimal.

Thanks,

Duke

• April 27, 2005

Hello,

I have a customer that requires support for French characters (a Canadian firm).   They have configured sfdc to support this.  I've noticed within an XML log file, that the French char (e with an accent aigu) appears as the hex sequence 0xC3 0xA9, which I believe is correct because IE displays the character appropriately when displaying the XML log itself.

Does anyone have any experience with International characters sets out there?   Perhaps you could shed some light on the convention being used here?  Is the first byte some sort of code page designator, whereas the second byte is the code itself?

Regards,

Duke

• October 01, 2003

Whening defining custom fields in sfdc, you can choose from the following types;

Currency, Date, Email, Number, Picklist, Percent, Phone, Text, Text Area and URL.

Can anyone tell me what XML tags wrap these values across the API?  I apologize if this is a lame question - I couldn't seem to locate the answer in the docs.

The Date type maps to the tag <dateTime.iso8601>, obviously.  And the Text, Text Area and Picklist map to string, which does not require an inner tag (i.e., <value></value> will suffice).  What about the others?  Are Phone, URL and Email also strings, and thus require no inner tag?  What about Currency and Number?

Thanks Duke 

• June 24, 2003
Can anyone tell me, off-hand, what is the maximum size for an attachment upload?  I seem to recall being told it is1Mb, but I'm not sure.  I know this is a lame question, but I don't have the latest API docs for this.  Speaking of which, can anyone tell me where I can get the latest apI docs - also a lame question I'm sure?
  • June 21, 2003

I have received a report from the field that might suggestion a problem with having more than one session maintained to sfdc at any given time.  I'm not sure this is a problem because things seem to work fine on my system.  However, I have a customer who is observing behaviors that might indicate otherwise.

Here are the circumstances.  I have a product that establishes and maintains a connection to sfdc using WinInet.  Things work fine.  When one of my customers launches IE from outside my product, a new session is created (we think).  This new session appears to be conflicting with the session maintained by my product.

As I said above, it does not conflict running on my systems (naturally ;-)), but it does on the customers.  Has anyone witnessed something like this?  Is there, perhaps, a particular setting within IE that might control the sharing of connections?

Thanks. - Duke

• June 18, 2003

Hey All,

I just discovered an issue relating to custom events fired from ActiveX controls, which I think is worth sharing.  First, a little background is in order.  I developed an ActiveX control that fires a custom event.  I tested the control using the MS ActiveX Test Container and that worked fine.  I also ran the control within a "normal" html page and this also worked insomuch as the event fired and was handled by the script.  But when I embedded this HTML as an S-Control, the event was never handled by the script.  It was as if the event wasn't firing even though it was.  I converted my JavaScript into VBScript, but still no luck.  Then I tried a newer version of IE 6.0 and it worked!  It appears that custom ActiveX events are handled when using IE 6.0.2900, but they are not handled in IE 6.0.2800.  FYI.

Duke

• June 21, 2005

Hi,

I'm using the SForceOfficeToolkit from within an ActiveX control, which is written in C++.  I am trying to create Activity History entries (i.e., Tasks) relating to contacts or leads.  Everything works up until the point I call ISForceSession.Create.  This call throws a Dispatch Exception.  The task objects I passed to this call are encapsulated in a VARIANT that holds a SAFEARRAY of IDispatch objects.  Said differently, the vt field is set to VT_ARRAY | VT_DISPATCH.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully called the SForceOfficeToolkit from C++ and, in particular, who has created some sort of object via the Create method?

Regards,

Duke

• June 21, 2005

Hey there,

Can anyone out there give me a few pointers on how one creates/inserts a new record within a contact's Activity History?  My situation is a follows:

• I've developed an ActiveX control that performs some operations relating (potentially) to an sfdc contact or lead.
  • I want to lookup the contact/lead by its email address.
  • With that contact/lead ID in hand, I'd like to insert an entry (ie. task) within the Activity History of the contact or lead.
  • I am using Javascript.

Any help would be greatly appeciated!  Ae

Thanks in advance,

Duke

• June 14, 2005

Whening defining custom fields in sfdc, you can choose from the following types;

Currency, Date, Email, Number, Picklist, Percent, Phone, Text, Text Area and URL.

Can anyone tell me what XML tags wrap these values across the API?  I apologize if this is a lame question - I couldn't seem to locate the answer in the docs.

The Date type maps to the tag <dateTime.iso8601>, obviously.  And the Text, Text Area and Picklist map to string, which does not require an inner tag (i.e., <value></value> will suffice).  What about the others?  Are Phone, URL and Email also strings, and thus require no inner tag?  What about Currency and Number?

Thanks Duke 

• June 24, 2003
Can anyone tell me, off-hand, what is the maximum size for an attachment upload?  I seem to recall being told it is1Mb, but I'm not sure.  I know this is a lame question, but I don't have the latest API docs for this.  Speaking of which, can anyone tell me where I can get the latest apI docs - also a lame question I'm sure?
  • June 21, 2003

We have an issue with duplicates in SF.com, primarily with leads & contacts.  For those of you that purchase big lists and mail to them (in which case some of the names you purchase MAY already be in SF.com as leads or contacts), how do you go about getting that information into SF.com without creating tons of duplicates? 

Does anyone else have an issue with the way the Leads module is set up?

THanks,

Brian

• June 20, 2003

Let me start by saying that i am not a developer, but i'm trying to help our team figure out something.  Basically, we'd like to roll out Price Books to our sales team, but we want to be able to export the product/price sheet into something like Excel or Word so that our reps can use the information in a proposal, RFP, etc.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this, or who we could hire to provide this type of functionality?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

• June 20, 2003

Hello,

I am working on the integration of SalesForce.com UI into our own product. To be able to achieve it, I need to be able to "drive" SalesForce.com UI from my own UI. For instance, knowing a Contact ID, I would like to know how to lookup the right customer into SalesForce.com UI from another UI running on the same PC in Internet Explorer.

Is it possible to:

1- post a URL with appropriate parameters (user login, user password, contact ID, ...) in a IE window to be loggued in into SF UI with contact screen with contact object found looked up?

2- execute a JavaScript function from an Internet Explorer window to lookup proper contact in another IE window on the same PC?

Thanks,

Mathieu