• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

well, the backwards compat feature (mentioned on this board), to support old style ".jsp" driven web integration links appears to be not working.

In the new release I've found most of my WIL's are returning the :

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com.
looks like I will be working on cleaning these up over the weekend after all...

I suspect there will be a few supprised administrators on monday morning.

If anyone out there has a large salesforce.com account with a few duplicate accounts it would be great if you could test out my account de-duper.  The current beta version does not do any merging of the accounts, contacts, oppertunities yet but the first 2 steps do work and they will show you all of the duplicate account names in your setup and will allow you to export those duplicate names to a CSV file.

The idea of the tool is that it uses a "Replace List" to clean account names by replacing things like "&" and "+" with "and" and will trim off known suffixes like "Inc."  You can even force a more unique search by including the billing city or any other custome salesforce.com account field.  This way I.B.M. Inc. in New York will not match IBM Corp in Chicago, but, if the city was not used they would match.

You can grab the setup from the URL below and you will need the .NET framework installed in order for it to run.

www.demandtools.com

Here is a screen grab of the first and second page.  You can force master accounts on the second page by just right clicking on the account name.

I'll be dropping up some sample code later on to show you how to convert the return from the sforce webservice account query directally into a .NET datasource.  It's only a couple of lines of code but I'm sure that you'll find it usefull in building complex application.

If you have any comments feel free to email me at glenn.wilson@demandtools.com

Cheers;

Glenn Wilson

Message Edited by GlennW on 04-27-2004 06:30 PM