• 5 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

It seems like there are inconsistent SOAP exceptions being returned via the SOAP API 4.0 depending on whether you specify an invalid username or password. Note also that when an invalid password is specified, that the API is reporting that the user is not valid.

Here are my findings...

When an invalid username is specified

Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException

Exception "Message" property: "username or password not valid"

Exception detail "exceptionCode" value: "INVALID_LOGIN"

Exception detail "exceptionMessage" value: "username or password not valid"

When an invalid password is specified

Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException

Exception "Message" property: "INVALID_LOGIN: user not valid"

Exception detail "exceptionCode" value: "INVALID_LOGIN"

Exception detail "exceptionMessage" value: "user not valid"

I am using version 4.0 of the partner WSDL.

Visual studio.NET 2003 is my development environment.

• August 18, 2004

I'm porting to the new partner API, using Java and Axis 1.1.  Things were going fine then I started hitting the exception listed below.  I went back and ran a simple global describe script that was working earlier in the day and got the same exception.  Is is possible that something has changed with the server side certificates?  I would not expect a certificate to work and then stop working a few minutes later...

Actually, this traceback is from API version 2.0, but the 2.5 traceback is nearly the same.  Both versions are now doing the same thing.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:129)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:131)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
        at salesforce.SalesforceConnectorBindingStub.login(SalesforceConnectorBindingStub.java:413)

Message Edited by SergeantAgni on 01-07-2004 04:45 PM

Is there a Query sample which includes construction of the "NOT" operation?

I'm trying to construct a filter something like: firstName starts with "abc" and NOT lastName contains "xyz"

My attempts so far result in "value of filter criterion for not must be of type struct".

I am able to run the sample code and access the API using windows clients.  However, when I change my code to be an ASP.Net client, I am unable to connect.

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

We would like to run a local copy of the database to extend our report capabilities. Does Salesforce support any means of data replication?

We have MS SQL Server running locally. We would like to replicate the data to this server.

Thank you in advance.