• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I tried to log into the IdeaExchange today with a Developer account I've been using for over three years and got this message:

Your Organization is not enabled for Force.com Checkout.  Please contact your salesforce.com representative or log a case for access.

I tried another Developer account that I was using back when the IdeaExchange first went up, and got the same error message.  Does Salesforce.com no longer want Ideas input from Developers?  That doesn't make much sense.

I'm not trying to purchase anything, so why am I getting this message when trying to log in to the IdeaExchange?

I have been charged the task of setting up multiple currencies for our organization. I would like to start by running some tests against the Developer Edition account of sforce.com before I activate anything for our organization.

Normally this is done by submitting a case. However, I cannot figure out how to submit a case from the Developer Edition. I don't want to submit a case from my regular org account because I don't want to risk turning it for the wrong Org, especially because it is something that can not be undone.

Does anyone know how to activate features, such as multiple languages and currencies, for the Developer Edition accounts?

Thanks,
Donovan Kruger
Can I put in a request for a separate Data Junction thread? I hope there is more than just me out there who is using the SFDC connector in Data Junction.

My company has 60 branches across USA. Every user in Salesforce.com needs to be assigned to a branch. I have a custom object for branch that houses branch data (address, phone, fax, name, region etc). It looks like I am not able to add a lookup relationship in User as a custom field so that I can assign every user a branch.

So, what I thought I could do alternatively is link branches and users. I decided to create a junction object with two master detail relationships. One with user and second one with the Branch custom object.

However, l can't even do the junction object since the User object is not available in the drop-down list for master-detail relationship. I believe there must be some reason behind this design but this creates a problem for me.

Since the company keeps realigning branches and opening new ones, closing old ones etc all the time, creating a role hierarchy for 60 branches is not feasible.

How to best achieve what I need? Any help?

We have a formula that works that I am trying to add to

The existing formula is:

If( text(Vendor_Invoice_Matched__c )="Yes, Bill Recd" && (Text(Client_Invoiced__c)="Yes, Client Invoiced" || (Text(Client_Invoiced__c)="No, Client Not Invoiced")),if( Transaction_Processed__c =True,"INVOICED AND BILLED","YES"),"NO")

I am trying to add another line:

If( text(Vendor_Invoice_Matched__c )="Yes, Bill Recd" && (Text(Client_Invoiced__c)="Yes, Client Invoiced" ||
( text(Vendor_Invoice_Matched__c )="No, Never Recd" &&Text(Client_Invoiced__c)="Yes, Client Invoiced")||
( text(Vendor_Invoice_Matched__c )="Yes, Bill Recd" &&Text(Client_Invoiced__c)="No, Client Not Invoiced")),
if( Transaction_Processed__c =True,"INVOICED AND BILLED","YES"),"NO")

But it will not pick up the second line I added:

( text(Vendor_Invoice_Matched__c )="No, Never Recd" &&Text(Client_Invoiced__c)="Yes, Client Invoiced")

I have a feeling this is real simple but I just can't see it!

Thank you in advance

• January 21, 2010
I am tring to force a user to pick a picklist item in a Picklist field called Lost Reasons if the Opportunity Stage is Closed Lost.  I am using the following formula:
AND (  
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"),
     ISNULL(Lost_Reasons )
)

However, I get a syntax error message saying "Error: Field Lost_Reasons__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead."
What would be the proper way to do this?
Also, where is the best place to go to get information on conditional 
error formulas?

• June 17, 2007
I would like to have it so that when an Opportunity Stage equals Closed Won that the Type field on the Account Record associated to the opportunity changes from Prospect to Customer.  Is this possible? 
  • June 17, 2007
Hi,

I need a mechanism to alert a user if certain fields (website, phone, address) on the Account object have changed. I'm looking at 3 methods:

1. Enable field tracking (turns out, not possible on standard fields)
2. Use workflow email alert - this would be preferable. However, I can only see how to set a trigger based on a static value i.e "website is not blank" - can't see how to do "website is not what it used to be". Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

3. If (2) fails, I can create a comparison table and do the job using DBAmp, but would really prefer to use option 2, since it requires less network resources and ongoing maintenance.

Thanks!
Rozanne
Hello all.

Could I restrict access on custom object rows not whole object or object fields?

For example:

if I have Workspace custom object and three instances(rows) within it then could I give access to "row two" but not to "row one" and "row three" to a specific role or user?
  • June 15, 2007
Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I really appreciate your help.

I have a User lookup data type field on a custom object and I need to set whenever that field is updated (which is selected different user in the lookup list), the email is sent out to the new user (new value) in that field.

Valarie.
When creating a new AppExchange project in eclipse, I am unable to get past the following error:

"Cannot set authentication properties.
Reason:
Could not validate credentials."

The details are as follows:
"INVALID_LOGIN: Login request to wrong instance.  Please use this URL: https://www.salesforce.com"

The server that my client uses is the ssl server (not na1, na2, na3, etc).  Any ideas on what the problem is?  And yes, I have verified that my caps-lock isn't on when typing the password, etc.
I have been charged the task of setting up multiple currencies for our organization. I would like to start by running some tests against the Developer Edition account of sforce.com before I activate anything for our organization.

Normally this is done by submitting a case. However, I cannot figure out how to submit a case from the Developer Edition. I don't want to submit a case from my regular org account because I don't want to risk turning it for the wrong Org, especially because it is something that can not be undone.

Does anyone know how to activate features, such as multiple languages and currencies, for the Developer Edition accounts?

Thanks,
Donovan Kruger

What are the possibilities of integration with the salesforce.com professional edition?I mean, without using the API.

All our prospects want to import data from their ERP to the Salesforce.com. Is there any possibility to automatize that importation without having to use the import wizard once i have defined the mapping of the data for the first time?. We want to import a CSV file generated every day by our ERP with the data of new contacts to the CRM and we want to import that csv every night automatically.

Thanks

• April 28, 2004

I'm suddenly finding the UI and the API server are going very slow.  Is there a problem in progress?

11:30 AM Tuesday Feb 17, 2004.

Thanks

--Brad

This may not be the place to ask this but does anyone know if there were changes to the API (specifically v1.7) last night?  It would appear that custom fields we created on both the Contact Record and Case Record stated failing with "bad field names on insert/update call" as of about 10:00pm EST last night. Our code has not changed since July 3, 2003 so I am assuming something chaned on the SF side?