• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Using the SF API in .NET we have been able to insert and update contact records (thanks to other threads in this forum) however we are wanting to attach these contacts to campaigns and update status' thus:-

'Me'... with the campaign 'DM 04' with a status of 'mailed' etc. as well as 'Website 04' with a status of 'novisit' etc. This will happen every time we add a new contact and will then be updated from the website visit log and responses to dm via the web etc.

How?

We seem not to be able to reconsile the schema in the documentation with actual field and table names.

Many thanks for your assistance with this matter

Best

Ollie

I want to quickly get an idea of how easy it is to import data from a flat file like a csv into SalesForce. It is likely that my company will simply be providing the flat file, which will be FTPed out of the back of a website we're developing for a client who used SalesForce. I am told it is straightforward to set up an import routine. Is this true? Are there limitations to the format of a flat file being imported into the SalesForce system?

Page 43 of the API 2.0 documentation states:

"During an inset or update, the sforce API verifies wheter the status field value specified in the call is a valid campaign member status for the given campaign. ... If the specified status value is not a valid campaign member status the API assigns the default campaign memeber status ... "

Is there any way to find the list of valid campaign member status fields for a specified campaign via the API?

D.

• September 16, 2003

Hi,

Using the SF API in .NET we have been able to insert and update contact records (thanks to other threads in this forum) however we are wanting to attach these contacts to campaigns and update status' thus:-

'Me'... with the campaign 'DM 04' with a status of 'mailed' etc. as well as 'Website 04' with a status of 'novisit' etc. This will happen every time we add a new contact and will then be updated from the website visit log and responses to dm via the web etc.

How?

We seem not to be able to reconsile the schema in the documentation with actual field and table names.

Many thanks for your assistance with this matter

Best

Ollie