• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Anthony,

Yes, you can have a web tab and can set the tab type to sControl. As an example using cases, the scontrol can have the following html body:

As you can see, you can reference the form values using javascript. Using this technique you can make dependent picklists or calculated controls.

-Steve   

• February 04, 2005

I know there are examples available of how to modifying Axis classes to enable compression on SOAP messages recieved from Salesforce.

But does anyone have an experience on how to send compressed messages from the client? 

I understand that we need to set the message header "Content-Encoding" to gzip, but I'm not sure how to modify the Axis classes to get it to work.

If someone has done it before, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Steve

• June 04, 2004

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get documentation for the last supported XML-RPC API version ( I think it was version 1.8 ) ??

Thanks,

Steve

• May 21, 2004

Does anyone know how id's are given out for a custom entity Salesforce?

I presumed that the last 15 characters (case sensitive) followed a sequence "0-9" then "A-Z" and then "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz". It seems to be sequential for a while and then jumps forward.

e.g. 000A, 000B, 000C, 000D and then 021C

The reason for this is that I am developing an sControl to generate a sequential number such as an order number.

I do this by inserting a record into a custom enitity which returns a unique id each time, I then convert it to a number using the following function:

calculate(salesforceId.substring(4,15))

function convert(input) {
var convertBase="0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";
var  origin;
var  dest;
var origin=61;
var dest=10;
var b=0;
var Result="";
if (Number(origin)>convertBase.length || Number(dest)>convertBase.length || Number(origin)<2 || Number(dest)<2) return "Invalid numbering system"
for (var c=1;c<=input.length;c++) { b+=convertBase.indexOf(input.substring(c-1,c))*(Math.pow(origin,input.length-c)); if
(convertBase.indexOf(input.substring(c-1,c)) > Number(origin)) return 'Character "'+input.substring(c-1,c)+'" not present in origin system'; }
var a=Math.floor(Math.log(b)/Math.log(dest))
while (a>-1) {
  var e=Math.pow(dest,a)
  a--;
  var d=(b-b%e)/e+1;
  b%=e;
  Ciffer=convertBase.substring(d-1,d);
  Result+=Ciffer;
  }
return Result
}

The problem is that every so often the sequence breaks.

• February 19, 2004
Hi Formula Authors,
Now that the Winter ’07 release is here, I wanted to alert you to some key formula enhancements in the release.  

Language changes
  • Max formula size increases from 1000 to 1300 characters.  (No change in the max compiled size limit of 4K)
  • No more curly braces on merge fields in formulas:  {!AccountName}  --> AccountName
  • Access to “global variables” in formulas: $Organization, $User (current user), $Profile (current user's profile), $UserRole (current user's role)
  • Access to Record Type field ($RecordType.Name)
New functions
  • DATEVALUE(datetime), DATEVALUE(text) – Convert a datetime field or a text field to a date field
  • FIND (start_text, text [, start_num]) - return the position of the string search_text within the string text
  • SUBSTITUTE (text, old_text, new_text) - find instances of the string old_text in the string text and replace with new_text
  • BR() – insert a line break in a text formula
  • MIN( num1, num2, num3,…) , MAX( num1, num2, num3…) – return the min or max value from the input parameters
  • New functions for validation rules: ISCHANGED (field), PRIORVALUE (field), ISNEW()
  • Advanced functions for S-Control scripting: LINKTO, URLFOR, INCLUDE, GETRECORDIDS
Other enhancements
  • HYPERLINK formulas can now use any protocol handler (e.g., "javascript&colon;" instead of "http:")
  • IMAGE formulas now work in email and mail merge (Microsoft Word) templates
  • TEXT function now accepts datetime values as well as numeric values
Formula Editor changes
  • Field Type picklist allows selection of object (current object, $profile, $user, etc.)
  • Insert Operator is now a menu button instead of separate buttons for each operator
New uses for formula expressions
We are now leveraging our formula language in a number of new and powerful ways. 
  • Workflow field update actions (Enterprise & Unlimited Edition) - set and store field values in currency, number, percent, text, date, and date/time fields based on a formula expression
  • Validation rules - Boolean formula expressions that can prevent incorrect data from being saved
  • Default field values - initial values to be populated in fields when new records are created
  • Server-side formula expressions for S-Controls
For more details, please check out the Winter '07 Release Notes, available from the Help and Training link in the application banner.

Regards,
Eric Bezar
Platform Product Management

• January 08, 2007

Does anyone know how id's are given out for a custom entity Salesforce?

I presumed that the last 15 characters (case sensitive) followed a sequence "0-9" then "A-Z" and then "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz". It seems to be sequential for a while and then jumps forward.

e.g. 000A, 000B, 000C, 000D and then 021C

The reason for this is that I am developing an sControl to generate a sequential number such as an order number.

I do this by inserting a record into a custom enitity which returns a unique id each time, I then convert it to a number using the following function:

calculate(salesforceId.substring(4,15))

function convert(input) {
var convertBase="0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";
var  origin;
var  dest;
var origin=61;
var dest=10;
var b=0;
var Result="";
if (Number(origin)>convertBase.length || Number(dest)>convertBase.length || Number(origin)<2 || Number(dest)<2) return "Invalid numbering system"
for (var c=1;c<=input.length;c++) { b+=convertBase.indexOf(input.substring(c-1,c))*(Math.pow(origin,input.length-c)); if
(convertBase.indexOf(input.substring(c-1,c)) > Number(origin)) return 'Character "'+input.substring(c-1,c)+'" not present in origin system'; }
var a=Math.floor(Math.log(b)/Math.log(dest))
while (a>-1) {
  var e=Math.pow(dest,a)
  a--;
  var d=(b-b%e)/e+1;
  b%=e;
  Ciffer=convertBase.substring(d-1,d);
  Result+=Ciffer;
  }
return Result
}

The problem is that every so often the sequence breaks.

• February 19, 2004

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to make some selections available to users depending on the value they select for another field....

For instance, let's say I am creating a new lead, and I select value "x" in my "Lead Source" picklist field. I would like to be able to change the contents of the "Lead Source Detail" picklist, to display options relevant to value "x".

Can this be done in Salesforce? Is there a way of customizing it to do that?

Thank you in advance.