• 5 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a nightly process that execute query on Accounts data and insert them to Salesforce.com custom Object. Program is written in Java.

Last night, I received the following message when it ran (nothing had changed on my side since few months) and since 16 November I have received similar messagge error but on different element every time....

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: required "" to terminate the element staring on line {1}

(in this particulary case I don't have a field in Account called KA__c but I have field KAM__c)

I've read in the community that similar problem of SAXParseException should be fixed...but I have still problems

It suffix to download the new WSDL and re-compile my code or what else?

Thanks
Regards

Hi,

I've downloaded SForce DataLoader but I got an error trying connecting proxy server (407 Proxy Authentication Required): it seems to ignore settings parameters about proxy inserted in the configuration dialog. We have another Java app (it uses Axis) on the same server that connects without problems.

Any suggestion?...

Thanks

I've used the SforceOfficeToolkit library in a VBA application that read data in Excel sheet and update fields in Salesforce. 

Field type string and integer are updated corretly but double updated doesn't work: this is the error message returned by the object SForceSession:  "java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:...."

this is my code:

Dim sobj As SForceOfficeToolkitLib.SObject

Set sobj = sf.CreateObject("Account")

sobj.Item("ID").Value = "00130000005T3f7AAC"
    sobj.Item("NumberOfEmployees").Value = 20
    sobj.Item("doublefield__c").Value = 0,34         (for xample)
     sobj.Update

What is the problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

from an exel worksheet i'd like to update an opportunity including the amount field. The amount field is defined as currency, therefore i expected to use CCur or CDbl, CDec, Round to convert my cellvalue into the valid field type.

Unfortunately i got working only the CLng function, but of course in this case i loose the decimals.

sopportunity(0).Item("Amount") =CCur(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("FORM").Range("J54").Value)

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Regards

Dear all

how is  possible to query if a reference field is empty (using soql)?

I tried to use:

- where refID = ''

- where refID = null

but it doesn't work.

I saw that in salesforce is possible to create a view that retrieve what I want, simpy chosing my reference field, selecting "equal to" and left the third field empty.

Which is the query used by SalesForce to retrieve my data?

Thanks for your support

I�m trying to use TIBCO BusinessWorks for integration with salesforce.com but I have no chance.

Please could anyone give me some suggestion about it?

These are the steps I followed in my test:

1)      I created a new project in TIBCO designer 5.1

2)      I imported the WSDL file of my account Enterprise Edition in salesforce.com

3)      I added a process palette in which I put a SOAPRequestReply palette with configuration:

Service: urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com

SforceService

Port: SOAP

Operation: login

EndpointURL: http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/3.0

Input Parameters my username e password in salesforce.com

This action is well formed I think, in fact when I debug the process the Output tab shows the parameters serverUrl, sessionId and userid correctly filled.

The problem is in the next step: to call any other method of  SforceService (for exemple query or describeSObject) I put in my process a new SOAPRequestReply palette with the same configuration tab (only the Operation label is changed) and input parameters (only required parameters so I havenâ¬?t filled  _configdata parameters for exemple)

When I debug the process I get the fault message �Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService� but in the input parameters of method I called only sessionId is required!! so what I missed?

Thanks in advance

Apparently, in a web integration link, URL like the following :

http://timespace.agsmtel.it/TimeSpace/AGSMTEL/Offerte/{!Account_Name}/{!Opportunity_Name}/

are mistranslated into :

https://timespace.agsmtel.it/TimeSpace/AGSMTEL/Offerte/Vecomp+Impresa/Connettivit%C3%A0+sede/

with a space translated as a + instead of %20.

Within java script this does not occour because you can use the urlencode function. Can we use the same trick in here or do we have any special sintax to avoid it?

Many thanks

Enrico Fantini

Hi all,

I've read that as for BEA and Websphere, Salesforce can be integrated with Tibco.

Does it already exist a plug in or do i have to follow the same rules as for generic java applications? Or whatelse? Because i've tried to import the wsdl but nothing really appened.

Thanks

Enrico Fantini

Hi all,

is it possible to create a Workflow Rule with a filter like the following?

ex. Opportunity Close Date  equals to TODAY - 2

Thanks

Enrico Fantini

After the upgrade to API 3.0 we created a new scontrol based on the same html and js as it was before with 2.5 but just simply changed on {!API_Enterprise_Server_URL_30}.

The scontrol was of course working properly before.

Righ now, when running it, we immediately get a java script error like:

CLOGIN Object not found

To me looks like it can't find any object defined in the js file.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Folks,

all the Custom Objects we've built are based on Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0 xml parser and they work properly of course on IExplorer. Unfortunately they do not work on Netscape/Mozilla.

Does anyone have ever develop anything on those browsers?

Thanks

Kind regards

Folks,

looking at the properties of object "field" i do not see any reference to a tab/position , that, i can eventualy use to order the colums of a custom object.

The simplest way i though, was to assign a sequential name to the field ( ex ob1_axxx__C, ob1_bxxx__C ... ) , but, although the wsdl displays the fields list in the correct order, this order is not respected in the custom object visualization.

Any hint?

Thanks

I've used the SforceOfficeToolkit library in a VBA application that read data in Excel sheet and update fields in Salesforce. 

Field type string and integer are updated corretly but double updated doesn't work: this is the error message returned by the object SForceSession:  "java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:...."

this is my code:

Dim sobj As SForceOfficeToolkitLib.SObject

Set sobj = sf.CreateObject("Account")

sobj.Item("ID").Value = "00130000005T3f7AAC"
    sobj.Item("NumberOfEmployees").Value = 20
    sobj.Item("doublefield__c").Value = 0,34         (for xample)
     sobj.Update

What is the problem?

Thanks in advance

While running a fairly long series of queryMore() calls, after about 17 minutes of activity (in 2000 record chunks), I received the "INVALID_QUERY_LOCATOR: invalid query locator" error.

I was using logic borrowed from the sample code illustrating the proper use of query() and queryMore(), and this code has previously been tested to run without errors.

Is it possible that the query locator/cursor expires after a period of time, or for some other reason became invalid?

Message Edited by HaroldH on 03-15-2005 02:58 PM

Dear all

how is  possible to query if a reference field is empty (using soql)?

I tried to use:

- where refID = ''

- where refID = null

but it doesn't work.

I saw that in salesforce is possible to create a view that retrieve what I want, simpy chosing my reference field, selecting "equal to" and left the third field empty.

Which is the query used by SalesForce to retrieve my data?

Thanks for your support

The Summer Release contains WIL for custom objects, but it seems that you cannot embed a value from a custom field (from a standard object).  Or rather, you can embed the custom field, but the generated URL does not contain the custom field value.

In my example, I have a custom object 'Sales Quote'.  I have three custom fields on the user object I would like to include in a WIL on Sales Quote. 

Help?

Apparently, in a web integration link, URL like the following :

http://timespace.agsmtel.it/TimeSpace/AGSMTEL/Offerte/{!Account_Name}/{!Opportunity_Name}/

are mistranslated into :

https://timespace.agsmtel.it/TimeSpace/AGSMTEL/Offerte/Vecomp+Impresa/Connettivit%C3%A0+sede/

with a space translated as a + instead of %20.

Within java script this does not occour because you can use the urlencode function. Can we use the same trick in here or do we have any special sintax to avoid it?

Many thanks

Enrico Fantini

After the upgrade to API 3.0 we created a new scontrol based on the same html and js as it was before with 2.5 but just simply changed on {!API_Enterprise_Server_URL_30}.

The scontrol was of course working properly before.

Righ now, when running it, we immediately get a java script error like:

CLOGIN Object not found

To me looks like it can't find any object defined in the js file.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Folks,

looking at the properties of object "field" i do not see any reference to a tab/position , that, i can eventualy use to order the colums of a custom object.

The simplest way i though, was to assign a sequential name to the field ( ex ob1_axxx__C, ob1_bxxx__C ... ) , but, although the wsdl displays the fields list in the correct order, this order is not respected in the custom object visualization.

Any hint?

Thanks

I have developed an activex control in VB6 which will be deployed as a sForce control. I am not able to retrieve the parameters passed to activex control from the Object tag:

<OBJECT ID="SchedTasks"
CLASSID="CLSID:14C70A3E-DDE9-4C79-A665-365745D239F3"
CODEBASE="{!Scontrol_URL}#version=1,1,0,0">

<PARAM Name="ServerURL" Value="{!API_Enterprise_Server_URL}">

</OBJECT>

The ReadProperties event in activex control is never fired. The reason I think is that Internet Explorer treats my control as unsafe (it displays a warning), though my component is marked safe for scripting and initialization.

I will appreciate if someone can give me a working example showing how to fix it.

• February 27, 2004

Hello,

I [new to this all] downloaded the �java getting started package� + java_samples.zip. I get Access to the API and everything works fine - I can create, edit and delete salesforce objects (leads, accounts, ⬦ ). But if I try to create a data record according to a custom object (I created an object named �reseller� in the salesforce UI with attributes �reseller_id� and �description� and wrote a function 'createReseller' according to 'createAccountSample'), following runtime error message shows up:

Failed to create reseller -  error message:

Tried to invoke method public common.api.soap.SaveResult[] common.api.soap.Soap.create(common.api.soap.Entity[]) throws org.apache.axis.AxisFault with arguments [Ljava.lang.Object;.  The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassCastException@1cdd2a1

My application logs in as a sysadmin, also the reseller properties seem to be set correctly (creatable:true ⬦). The data types are correct. After producing objects from the WSDL file with WSDL2JAVA I changed nothing at the custom object in UI. What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • January 27, 2004