• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi-
I've created an html s-control and assigned it to a custom web tab with an associated icon and color.

I've updated it using the outlines in this guide for setting the styles so that it looks like a native Salesforce page. Brilliant.
http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Stylesheets_and_S-Controls_Best_Practice_Guide

Specifically it shows that you use <BODY class="xxx"> to set the overall color scheme and icon for the page.

However, I want to use the color and icon from my custom web tab when displaying the s-control. Seems like it should be possible. This thread shows how to get the class name for Salesforce's built-in styles:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=2012

But is there some way to know what the class name is for the style defined in my custom web tab? Seems like there should be a way. But how?

Thanks,
Nicholas
Hi- Apologies if this is a basic question but I'm developing an S-Control and am looking for the best way to store some simple preferences data for the s-control. There will be an html user interface with some checkboxes and radio buttons and I'd like to store the user's preferences somewhere in the user's profile and be able to recall the settings inside the S-Control.

There must be an easy way to do this but I just can't find any info anywhere!

Thanks!
Nicholas
Hi- Apologies if this is a basic question but I'm developing an S-Control and am looking for the best way to store some simple preferences data for the s-control. There will be an html user interface with some checkboxes and radio buttons and I'd like to store the user's preferences somewhere in the user's profile and be able to recall the settings inside the S-Control.

Thanks!
Nicholas

Login seems to work fine but insert, query, etc. reqests all fail with the above errors. A couple customers have reported connection reset erros and I'm getting connection aborted. API 2.0, xmlrpc.

Many thanks, Nicholas
This is odd. I'm doing some development and have been keeping around old session IDs to test with so I don't have to log in each time my program runs.

Normally when a session is no longer good I get fault code 1112 ("missing or invalid session ID") and sometimes 1005 ("session ID required in cookie"). This makes sense.

Recently, however, I got fault code 0 with this fault string:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: no document element

The session ID wasn't even that old, but I can't be sure it wasn't expired. Logging in again and getting a new session ID fixes the problem immediately. This is no big deal except that I wonder if it indicates I am doing something wrong.

Using XMLRPC, API 2.0. Below is the query that causes the fault. [ and ] replaces lt and gt for readability. Also below is the Session ID that causes the fault.

What's going on?!?! Thanks,
Nicholas

"lknQI2PFG7gpqXXvfNAFbpwzrqh38mtHRevIhWIYXnKFNYP.XR7zJqIeFqSJuZU0XNIqoIq22NVbTTlgQGSKufbtzKggVlhL"

[?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?]
[methodCall]
[methodName]sfdc.query[/methodName]
[params]
[param]
[value]
[struct]
[member]
[name]version[/name]
[value][string]2.0[/string][/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]type[/name]
[value]account[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]scope[/name]
[value]filter[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]filter[/name]
[value]
[array]
[value]
[struct]
[member]
[name]field[/name]
[value]ownerID[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]value[/name]
[value]00530000000c7kx[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]operator[/name]
[value]equals[/value]
[/member]
[/struct]
[/value]
[/array]
[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]select[/name]
[value]
[array]
[value]id[/value]
[value]name[/value]
[/array]
[/value]
[/member]
[/struct]
[/value]
[/param]
[/params]
[/methodCall]
I'm sure this is really naive, but what is the difference between

{!API_Enterprise_Server_URL}

and

{!API_Partner_Server_URL}

as used in Web Integration Links? I'm confused by the fact that both are offered.

Thanks!
Nicholas
Hello-
I see that things are migrating in the SOAP direction and I'm wondering if access to salesforce through XMLRPC is here to stay. I have an application built around XMLRPC and would need to start looking into switching over asap.

Thanks,
Nicholas
Hi-
I've created an html s-control and assigned it to a custom web tab with an associated icon and color.

I've updated it using the outlines in this guide for setting the styles so that it looks like a native Salesforce page. Brilliant.
http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Stylesheets_and_S-Controls_Best_Practice_Guide

Specifically it shows that you use <BODY class="xxx"> to set the overall color scheme and icon for the page.

However, I want to use the color and icon from my custom web tab when displaying the s-control. Seems like it should be possible. This thread shows how to get the class name for Salesforce's built-in styles:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=2012

But is there some way to know what the class name is for the style defined in my custom web tab? Seems like there should be a way. But how?

Thanks,
Nicholas

Thanks!
Nicholas

Thanks!
Nicholas

Login seems to work fine but insert, query, etc. reqests all fail with the above errors. A couple customers have reported connection reset erros and I'm getting connection aborted. API 2.0, xmlrpc.

Many thanks, Nicholas
(Copied from the Perl/PHP board, since it's not language-specific.)

I have some code that has been running successfully against v2.5 of the SOAP API that suddenly stopped working today and instead throws a CURL/SSL error. I also get an error, which I assume I shouldn't, when I simply try to use CURL to access the API server.

Has it moved from na1-api.salesforce.com:443?

$ curl -v https://na1-api.salesforce.com
* About to connect() to na1-api.salesforce.com port 443
* Trying 204.14.234.40... * connected
* Connected to na1-api.salesforce.com (204.14.234.40) port 443
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
CApath: none
* Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to na1-api.salesforce.com:443
* Closing connection #0
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to na1-api.salesforce.com:443
Thanks,
Charlie
  • January 30, 2006

Hi, 

I would like to open a window to salesforce that directs me to a new call task.

I find that I cannot prepolutate more than one field. The only field that prepopulates itself is the first argument I provide in the string.

"/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=loginResult.sessionId&retURL=/00T/e?tsk5=Call&followup=1"

Can you tell me how to get multiple fields to prepopulate?

Much appreciation, thanks

This is odd. I'm doing some development and have been keeping around old session IDs to test with so I don't have to log in each time my program runs.

Normally when a session is no longer good I get fault code 1112 ("missing or invalid session ID") and sometimes 1005 ("session ID required in cookie"). This makes sense.

Recently, however, I got fault code 0 with this fault string:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: no document element

The session ID wasn't even that old, but I can't be sure it wasn't expired. Logging in again and getting a new session ID fixes the problem immediately. This is no big deal except that I wonder if it indicates I am doing something wrong.

Using XMLRPC, API 2.0. Below is the query that causes the fault. [ and ] replaces lt and gt for readability. Also below is the Session ID that causes the fault.

What's going on?!?! Thanks,
Nicholas

"lknQI2PFG7gpqXXvfNAFbpwzrqh38mtHRevIhWIYXnKFNYP.XR7zJqIeFqSJuZU0XNIqoIq22NVbTTlgQGSKufbtzKggVlhL"

[?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?]
[methodCall]
[methodName]sfdc.query[/methodName]
[params]
[param]
[value]
[struct]
[member]
[name]version[/name]
[value][string]2.0[/string][/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]type[/name]
[value]account[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]scope[/name]
[value]filter[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]filter[/name]
[value]
[array]
[value]
[struct]
[member]
[name]field[/name]
[value]ownerID[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]value[/name]
[value]00530000000c7kx[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]operator[/name]
[value]equals[/value]
[/member]
[/struct]
[/value]
[/array]
[/value]
[/member]
[member]
[name]select[/name]
[value]
[array]
[value]id[/value]
[value]name[/value]
[/array]
[/value]
[/member]
[/struct]
[/value]
[/param]
[/params]
[/methodCall]
Here's the new version of the Sforce::Sfdc module.

http://www.focalex.com/sforce/Sforce-Sfdc-0.04.tar.gz

Changes:

Added $Sforce::Sfdc::err and the err() method for access to Sforce numeric fault codes
Added print_error and raise_error options, as in DBI
Added private _error() method for setting errors and handling print_error and raise_error
Added wantarray() support to query() method
Added and updated tests
Updated documentation

Please download it, try it out, and send me your feedback.

Issues I'm currently thinking about:

1) Switching from XML-RPC to SOAP, as Salesforce has said they'll be focusing development on the SOAP API from now on.

2) Should the error message resulting from raise_error and print_error include the numeric fault code in addition to the error string? That will make looking up errors in the documentation easier.

3) More featues that I should add. Suggestions?

Thanks to Ron Hess and anagram for feedback and patches!
  • November 26, 2003