• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I call search() with a Product2 in the RETURNING clause (in addition to other objects), I get the error message:

product2 is not searchable in combination with any other sObject. Update your SOSL to search only product2.

Is this attribute of (Can only be searched alone) documented somewhere in the API or is this a single exception that only applies to Product2?

We have been getting a large number of query timeouts with our usage of the SForce 5.0 API today (May 23, 2005).  Have others been experiencing this problem?  Is there a place that we can go to manually check the Network Status for the SForce API?

Michael S. Scherotter
Business Solutions Architect
Mindjet LLC

Something very strange with one of our customers:

A call to describeSObject("Account") returns the HTML of the Salesforce.com front page instead of a DescribeSObjectResult with the error Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

We have not seen this with other customers.

What is going wrong?

Michael S. Scherotter
Business Solutions Architect
Mindjet LLC

Are the Solution Categories available via the SForce API?

Is an invalid_type error for scontrol a result of a permissions error?

What permissions need to be enabled to not get this error?

Michael

What is the fastest/best way to check if a session ID has expired?

Michael

Has anyone made a SForce System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter yet?

It is not straightforward but once done, it should be a very useful object.

using the 4.0 SOAP API and .Net, how do I get the list of attendees for a group event (an event where IsGroupEvent=true)?

How do I determine the type of an attachment's parent?

I know that I can call retrieve on all of referenceTo types in the type description, but is there an easier way?

For an organization that is not using the multi-currency feature, how do I determine the currency type using the 3.0 API?

When I created a field in a custom object named "Reciprocal", a custom field named Reciprocal__c is created.

When one of my customers does the same thing, the custom field is named Rec__c.

How do I reliably determine what the field will be named?

What is the difference between the SytemModStamp and LastModifiedDate fields.  Please give an example.

Michael S. Scherotter

using the 2.5 API, when I use my adminstrator account, I see the Partner object using the describe api.  Using a standard account, I do not see the Partner Object.  When I try to query in the Partner table using the standard account, I get an error:

select Id, AccountFromId, AccountToId, Role, IsPrimary from Partner where AccountFromId='00130000000sWB5AAM'
msxml4.dll error 0x80004005:
Salesforce.com 2.5
INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Partner' is not supported.

Message Edited by Michael S on 04-22-2004 02:11 PM

MindManager® for Salesforce.com®
Using MindManager to build better customer relationships

Overview
MindManager for Salesforce.com [Preview r1.0] is a software add-on solution that integrates MindManager X5 Pro with Salesforce.com enabling sales professionals to quickly identify, and act to overcome the barriers to closing sales.

Working with MindManager and leveraging the impact of their existing CRM application sales professionals can now optimize the sales process by improving opportunity pipeline management to accelerate revenues while building better customer relationships.

Features
MindManager for SalesForce.com [Preview r1.0] enables sales professionals to automatically generate visual maps of organizational hierarchies for both accounts and individual sales opportunities showing:

• Roles for each sales contact
  • Sales activities with each contact
  • Notes for each contact
  • Informal relationships between sales contacts

Users can also simply access SalesForce.com records to delete, add or modify information using MindManager's hyperlink feature or alternatively they can change customer information directly from within MindManager.

(click to enlarge)

Benefits
By representing important sales opportunity information visually rather than as data records in a form, sales professionals can now quickly 'see' and understand the customer dynamics for each opportunity and move rapidly to determine and act on the tasks to close the sale.

Requirements:

• MindManager X5.1 Pro
  • Salesforce.com Enterprise Edition
Languages:
Product available in English

Pricing
Preview r1.0 is a no-cost add-on
Availability
March 30, 2004

Toll Free U.S. 1 (877) MINDJET ext. 2 1 (877) 646-3538 ext. 2

Outside US (415) 925-3120 ext. 2

Message Edited by Michael S on 03-10-2004 12:30 PM

Using sforce 2.5, I understand how to create instances of custom objects once they are defined, but is it possible to create the actual classes with their fields using the sforce 2.5 API?  I know that I can create custom classes and fields for those classes using the sforce UI, but it is definitely not scalable to require all users to do this.

Please add the macro {!Contact_Account_ID} to be able to use the Contact's Account ID on a SForce control page.
  1. Open the bulleting boards in MSIE 6.0
  2. Open a bulletin board like "General Development"
  3. Click on Board Options...Mark All as Read
  4. Notice that you now have two title bars that read SForce... stacked one on top of another.
  5. If you press F5, this will be fixed.

Is it possible to set up Account Teams with the developer edition of SForce?

I don't see the option in my Customize...Accounts.

Michael S. Scherotter

Mindjet LLC

This is a second problem that I'm having while attempting to create a new Opportunity.

I am populating the RecordTypeId property with the following line:

opp.RecordTypeId = SalesForceDataProvider.GetRecordType(order.Channel).Id;

...where the order.Channel will either be "Wholesale" or "Retail Sale". The code for GetRecordType is:

public static RecordType GetRecordType(string channel)
{
QueryResult qr =
null;
try
{
qr = salesForce.query(
string.Format("select Id from RecordType where (Name = '{0}')", channel));
}

The code is retrieving a valid id from the RecordType object. What's odd is that when order.Channel = "Retail Sale", I do not get this error. It only occurs when order.Channel = "WholeSale". Clearly, I'm pulling the right record because the value in the error message indicates a valid value was returned (0123000000004MgAAI). So, what could be the problem here???

Thanks,

-- Tom

• September 16, 2004

I know this is a little out of sforce's scope, but i'm trying to improve code efficiency.

Is it possible to convert/cast the sObject's XmlElement array into an MSXML parser object or some similar construct so that the nodes are accessible via XPath strings?  I'm unsure of any other way of locating nodes in sObjects beyond looping through the names which is very messy.  I'm using C#.

thanks

aj

Are saved views and reports accessible through the api?

If not are there any plans for this in the future?

Thanks.

• September 02, 2004

I want to derive a general purpose JavaScript script that uses for example the URL for /secur/frontdoor.jsp, but I don't want to assume that it will aways start with https://na1.salesforce.com.

Can I safely assume that all of the URLs available via scontrol merge fields (Scontrol_URL, API_Enterprise_Server_URL_25, API_Enterprise_Server_URL_30, Scontrol_JavaCodebase, and Scontrol_JavaArchive) will always start with the same base for any customer session? If not, which one will be the right one to use for this purpose?

My preference is to use Scontrol_URL, extract it's base URL, and then assume that this is good enough to build up URLs for /secur/frontdoor, /servlet/servlet.SoapApi, and also to redirect the user to an object page (such as by appending Opportunity_ID to the base URL).

Nick

• April 25, 2004

using the 2.5 API, when I use my adminstrator account, I see the Partner object using the describe api.  Using a standard account, I do not see the Partner Object.  When I try to query in the Partner table using the standard account, I get an error:

select Id, AccountFromId, AccountToId, Role, IsPrimary from Partner where AccountFromId='00130000000sWB5AAM'
msxml4.dll error 0x80004005:
Salesforce.com 2.5
INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Partner' is not supported.

Message Edited by Michael S on 04-22-2004 02:11 PM

I have many features working using MS Soap 3.0, but having difficulty with update.

I have tried many different SOAP messages, but never get success.  I believe the issue is related to the <sObjects> portion.  I essentially send:

<update xmlns="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com">

• March 24, 2004

I know a similar question like this has been posted, but I did not see a final answer.

We are trying to integrate SalesForce.com and a Lotus Notes Application.  The simplest way for us to do this appears to be SOAP using the MS Soap 3.0 client.  However, I am running into issues with the login.

1)  If I reference our enterprise WSDL file, I get errors

2) If I reference the WSDL on your servers, no errors importing the WSDL but I get 1 of 2 different errors:

a)  Error 1112 that the username or password is incorrect (thought it is)

b)  An error that says login must be Boolean.

I really need help on this.  New to the whole sForce API.

Mike Kinder

Message Edited by mjkstk on 03-12-2004 12:45 PM

• March 12, 2004

Hi,

I'm expecting the answer to be "no", but is there any easy way to get all the Accounts in the hierarchy that an Account belongs to?  I'm trying to avoid doing the brute force approach of retrieving the Account and then making successive queries to retrieve other Accounts that are related to it up, down, and sideways in the tree -- This is quite inefficient.

Using sforce 2.5, I understand how to create instances of custom objects once they are defined, but is it possible to create the actual classes with their fields using the sforce 2.5 API?  I know that I can create custom classes and fields for those classes using the sforce UI, but it is definitely not scalable to require all users to do this.

I know that an individual user can manually upload a "document" to salesforce.com, but I really haven't found any automated options.

Options I'd like to consider are :

• load an html document via a webservice
  • C# - Upload the document
  • Java - Upload the document

The salesforce.com help describe a "document" from the API standpoint, but that appears to be after it's been uploaded.

So in other words, I'm looking for example code for all 3 options.

Thanks,
Jason

• February 05, 2004

Is it possible to set up Account Teams with the developer edition of SForce?

I don't see the option in my Customize...Accounts.

Michael S. Scherotter

Mindjet LLC

Hello. I have browsed through this board and have found that there is no support for displaying custom objects in readily-available reporting templates available through the sForce UI. My question is what is the preferred way of accomplishing so, if it is at all possible.

Abbas.

• December 17, 2003

I am using version 2.5 of the SForce API. I was wondering what exactly does GetFieldsToNull API does. Can you provide more details on it.? Is it a way to get all the fields in a Object returned in QueryResult, without knowing the names of the fields.

Thanks

fruser