Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

After upgrading to VStudio 2003, my build fails with error:

'The type or namespace 'salesforce' could not be found.'

on this line:

private static salesforce.SforceService binding = null;

I have the WSDL added in Web References and is called 'salesforce'

What else do I need to do?  I also did grab the latest WSDL for the organization, so I'm not %100 sure it is related to the VStudio upgrade...

Having difficulty using SOQL to make a query on a column: "job here?"

It's returning a bad query exception, regardless of what I try.  Shouldn't the following work?

select id,name from account where [job here?] = 'stencil'

How can I accomplish what I need here without renaming the column name?

In the SalesForce User form, there is a field: "Name".  How does that map into the sforce db?

Let's say my application is trying to locate a User with the Name: "John Wilkes Booth". 

I'd like to be able to do this query:

select Id from Account where Name = '"John Wilkes Booth"'

but receive this error:  "INVALID_FIELD: Invalid name: name in User"

The only way I can see to do this is to somehow break down "John Wilkes Booth" into a User.FirstName and User.LastName and then query.  Is that the only way to accomplish my goal?

Hi,

This might be a really stupid question but how do I use the WSDL generated by Salesforce.com (From the generate screen in setup)?

I have many custom fields which I need access to but so far I have had no luck in adding the WSDL to my VB.NET project.

It would be great if someone could give me a little idiots guide?

Many Thanks, JT

In the SalesForce User form, there is a field: "Name".  How does that map into the sforce db?

Let's say my application is trying to locate a User with the Name: "John Wilkes Booth". 

I'd like to be able to do this query:

select Id from Account where Name = '"John Wilkes Booth"'

but receive this error:  "INVALID_FIELD: Invalid name: name in User"

The only way I can see to do this is to somehow break down "John Wilkes Booth" into a User.FirstName and User.LastName and then query.  Is that the only way to accomplish my goal?