• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Dataloader times out occasionally when connecting to Salesforce. I am using the .jar file directly from a UNIX command line.

Is there a parameter I can feed it to increase the timeout value from 5000 ms? Here is the error I get every so often connecting to Salesforce:

2005-11-29 10:58:28,924 INFO [main] controller.LoaderController initConfig (LoaderController.java:297) - The log has been initialized
2005-11-29 10:58:28,966 INFO [main] LoaderEngineRunner main (LoaderEngineRunner.java:72) - Initializing engine
2005-11-29 10:58:28,968 INFO [main] LoaderEngineRunner main (LoaderEngineRunner.java:79) - Loading parameters
2005-11-29 10:58:28,970 INFO [main] LoaderEngineRunner main (LoaderEngineRunner.java:90) - Logging in to salesforce.com
2005-11-29 10:58:39,852 WARN [main] httpclient.HttpConnection open (HttpConnection.java:731) - The host test.salesforce.com:443 (or proxy null:-1) did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 milliseconds
2005-11-29 10:58:39,864 ERROR [main] client.PartnerClient connect (PartnerClient.java:142) - ; nested exception is:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$ConnectionTimeoutException
2005-11-29 10:58:39,866 ERROR [main] LoaderEngineRunner main (LoaderEngineRunner.java:120) - ; nested exception is:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$ConnectionTimeoutException
  • November 29, 2005
Though I can execute the dataloader from the command-line with the default settings, and it will work fine as long as my config.properties file is set up, I'm not able to configure it with command-line arguments.

The following command is giving me a login error. But I know for sure my credentials are good. This same operation works successfully when I have the same username,password,and endpoint populated in the config.properties file. Please demonstrate the correct formatting.

C:\temp\sfdataloader>java -jar sforcedataloader.jar -username hxqv_me@mydomain.com_test -password mypassword -operation extract -extractionSOQL "SELECT ID,Name from Account" -endpoint https://test.salesforce.com -extractionTarget account.csv -entity Account

---------

2005-08-16 16:45:59,438 ERROR [main] client.PartnerClient connect (PartnerClient.java:138) - Invalid username or password or locked out.
2005-08-16 16:45:59,448 ERROR [main] LoaderEngineRunner main (LoaderEngineRunner.java:118) - Invalid username or password or locked out.
  • August 17, 2005
How do I embed my company's enterprise WSDL into the Data Loader packaged installer (the .exe)? I would like to Export data from our Custom Objects.
  • August 04, 2005
Whenever I attempt to login via Data Loader, I am shown a NullPointerException. The credentials I'm entering work fine in my other SOAP apps. I have built the source via Eclipse and also manually via ANT on the command-line. This is a Windows XP system running Java 1.5.0_04. Do you have any suggestions?
  • August 03, 2005
Hi,

I need conceptual direction towards addressing 2 things. I want to do these 2 things, please read on, and provide your valuable advice/suggestion/tip.

1) I have created a custom object. I want that when ever a new record is added or an existing record is edited from this custom object, My application should be notified. I know about WorkFlow rules and alerts, but will they work for my custom object? Also, instead of getting an email alert, Is it possible to get a software alert (e.g. a callback ...etc) ?

2) I have added a custom field "PreviousOwnerId" to the "Lead" Object. When ever the owner of any Lead record changes, I want to save its previous owner id in this custom field. Any idea about this? Also, the real need is to find the previous owner id, (if not by saving it in a custom field, then by some other mechanism). Can we use Activities to track the change in owner id of a Lead ?

Please give your ideas and tips. I am quite a new one to this, so don't have much information about this. I would "Thankfully" welcome every suggestion.

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

PS: Language = VB.NET, Version = 6.0
Whenever I attempt to login via Data Loader, I am shown a NullPointerException. The credentials I'm entering work fine in my other SOAP apps. I have built the source via Eclipse and also manually via ANT on the command-line. This is a Windows XP system running Java 1.5.0_04. Do you have any suggestions?
  • August 03, 2005