• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

After a couple of days with this error I am kinda desperate. This is what I'm trying to do:

I created a dll in visual basic .net which uses the sforce API 5.0. (The goal is to use this (COM) dll in PHP scripts)

My dll works fine on my windows xp professional machine. When I try the dll on our webserver (windows 2003) I get the following error when I call a method that uses the API:

Warning (null)(): Invoke() failed: Exception occurred. Source mscorlib Description File or assembly name mn3h4itd.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found

The name of the dll in the error message is different every time the script is loaded. If I don't use the API in my dll it works fine on Windows Server 2003 too, so it is definitely an sforce API related issue.

At first I also had this problem on my XP machine too, but after giving the internet guest account user rights to the windows\temp folder it was fixed. There's a lot of websites mentioning that giving rights to the temp folder is the solution for this problem, but this does not help on windows server 2003.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Asselman

Hi,

I am currently writing a VB.Net application in Sforce 3.0 which inserts our products into salesforce.com and then links that product to the appropriate pricebook. linking a product to a pricebook using the PricebookEntry object is not possible until a product has a standard price defined.

I can't find any information on how I have to define a standard price for a product using the API. Can anyone help me on this one please?

Kind Regards

Tom Asselman

Hello All,

I have a strange issue when creating new accounts using the new api 3.0 in VB.NET.

The id property of the returned insert result is completely other value than the ID the record actually gets to have in salesforce.com

eg I create an account using the api and the id returned is 00120000000i5znAAA, but the id in salesforce.com of the exact same record is 00120000000i5zn ??

This is what i'm doing:

Dim insertobjects() As sForceConn.sObject = {newaccount}

Dim ret() As sForceConn.SaveResult

Try

ret = sForce.create(insertobjects)

Catch

MsgBox(Err.Description)

Return False

End Try

sfdc_id = ret(0).id

Hi All,

I read on the sforce.com website that all API 2.5 code is compatible with version 3.0 of the API. I have just updated my WDSL to version 3.0 and get a lot of bugs in my application now.

For instance, I can no longer create a mapEntry, the insert() method is no longer there etc...

I really really need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

After a couple of days with this error I am kinda desperate. This is what I'm trying to do:

I created a dll in visual basic .net which uses the sforce API 5.0. (The goal is to use this (COM) dll in PHP scripts)

My dll works fine on my windows xp professional machine. When I try the dll on our webserver (windows 2003) I get the following error when I call a method that uses the API:

Warning (null)(): Invoke() failed: Exception occurred. Source mscorlib Description File or assembly name mn3h4itd.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found

The name of the dll in the error message is different every time the script is loaded. If I don't use the API in my dll it works fine on Windows Server 2003 too, so it is definitely an sforce API related issue.

At first I also had this problem on my XP machine too, but after giving the internet guest account user rights to the windows\temp folder it was fixed. There's a lot of websites mentioning that giving rights to the temp folder is the solution for this problem, but this does not help on windows server 2003.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Asselman

The documentation is not clear on a couple subtle but important points about the dateTime values.

Is the range inclusive, exclusive or mixed? I'd expect the startDate to be inclusive and the endDate to be exclusive (so that a subsequent call could use the endDate as the new startDate). If not, then there is the risk of the same object ID being returned in two consecutive (and presumably disjoint) requests. This could happen when the seconds portion of the object's LastModifiedDate is zero.

I noted that the seconds portion of the startDate and endDate are ignored. Is the seconds portion of the object's timestamp similarly ignored? If so, this could provide a work-around for the first problem. Either way, this should be clearly documented.

Does leaving blank one or both of the dateTime values give an open-ended search? If not, this would be a reasonable feature to add in the next release.

One final note: the Usage section of the doc for both calls mentioned "updatedDate", which is not defined. This should get changed to reflect startDate, endDate, and the answers to the above questions.

Nick

• April 22, 2004

Hello All,

I have a strange issue when creating new accounts using the new api 3.0 in VB.NET.

The id property of the returned insert result is completely other value than the ID the record actually gets to have in salesforce.com

eg I create an account using the api and the id returned is 00120000000i5znAAA, but the id in salesforce.com of the exact same record is 00120000000i5zn ??

This is what i'm doing:

Dim insertobjects() As sForceConn.sObject = {newaccount}

Dim ret() As sForceConn.SaveResult

Try

ret = sForce.create(insertobjects)

Catch

MsgBox(Err.Description)

Return False

End Try

sfdc_id = ret(0).id

Hi All,

I read on the sforce.com website that all API 2.5 code is compatible with version 3.0 of the API. I have just updated my WDSL to version 3.0 and get a lot of bugs in my application now.

For instance, I can no longer create a mapEntry, the insert() method is no longer there etc...

I really really need some advice.

Thanks in advance!