• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anybody got any experience setting up InfoPath 2003 with sforce. I'm getting errors trying to connect to my WSDL.

Can I just generate my WSDL file, then view source, then save as "test.wsdl" and put that on a web server. OR Do I need some special Web Server functions enabled? I am seeing a lot of this .asmx?WSDL and am not sure what the purpose of that is. I'm running IIS 6.0 Web Servers

Any thoughts on the above would be great, thanks

MatthewC

Does anyone know if salesforce supports having multiple record types for custom objects?

Does anybody know why when I search for certain "common terms" I get this error. I have no problem searching for other things. When I search for "Custom Objects" I get this error.

An Exception Has Occured
lithium.search.SearchException: search failed
lithium.user.PermissionDeniedException: [user:id=1318,login=MatthewC,communityId=sforce] does not have access to read_board
 lithium.user.PermissionManager.check   PermissionManager.java   237 
 lithium.boards.core.Board.checkPermission   Board.java   1093 
 lithium.boards.core.Community.getNestedBoard   Community.java   657 
 lithium.boards.core.sql.SQLMessageSearch.getIds   SQLMessageSearch.java   155 
 lithium.search.SearchIndex.search   SearchIndex.java   383 
 lithium.search.SearchService.search   SearchService.java   63 
 lithium.boards.core.World.search   World.java   332 
 sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor222.invoke   Unknown Source 
 sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke   DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java   25 
 java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke   Method.java   324 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute   ASTMethod.java   260 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute   ASTReference.java   207 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value   ASTReference.java   357 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render   ASTSetDirective.java   135 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render   ASTBlock.java   94 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render   ASTIfStatement.java   109 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render   SimpleNode.java   271 
 org.apache.velocity.Template.merge   Template.java   296 
 lithium.fusion.FusionServlet.processTemplate   FusionServlet.java   707 
 lithium.fusion.FusionServlet.serviceVHTML   FusionServlet.java   544 
 lithium.fusion.FusionServlet.service   FusionServlet.java   282 
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service   HttpServlet.java   853 
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter   ApplicationFilterChain.java   247 
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter   ApplicationFilterChain.java   193 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke   StandardWrapperValve.java   256 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext   StandardPipeline.java   643 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke   StandardPipeline.java   480 
 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke   ContainerBase.java   995 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke   StandardContextValve.java   191 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext   StandardPipeline.java   643 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke   StandardContext.java   2415 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke   StandardHostValve.java   180 
 org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke   ErrorDispatcherValve.java   171 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext   StandardPipeline.java   641 
 org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke   ErrorReportValve.java   172 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext   StandardPipeline.java   641 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke   StandardEngineValve.java   174 
 org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service   CoyoteAdapter.java   223 
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process   Http11Processor.java   594 
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection   Http11Protocol.java   392 
 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt   PoolTcpEndpoint.java   565 
 org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run   ThreadPool.java   619 
 java.lang.Thread.run   Thread.java   536 

I can load google and other WSDL's into DreamweaverMX 2004 but not the salesforce wsdl.

http://sforce.netro.ca/n.wsdl

or

http://sforce.netro.ca/enterprise.wsdl

I cannot get any of them to work. Is their some sort of special web server config that is needed, I am running iis 6.0 on windows 2003 servers?

Has anybody been able to get Dreamweaver MX 2004 7.01 to work with the WSDL?
I keep getting "Unable to generate proxy"

Also, I have tried DreamFactory, ASP.net Web Matrix, Eclipse and I can't get any of them to access my http://sforce.netro.ca/netro.wsdl file.
I get proxy errors on pretty much everything.

Is their a special way to save the WSDL or does it require a special server or something.

Thanks

Matthew C

I'm trying ot figure out how to change the Salesforce.com contract ID numbers to start from 20635 instead of 100 as we already have a numbering system in place. Any ideas on how to change the default or starting value for this field?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew C

Does anyone know how I can pass the Contact ID variable from the opportunities page over to a case. I have figured out how to do it from other pages, and I have figured out how to get the contact name etc to pass from opportunities once the Opportunity Role has been assigned but there  has got to be an easier way to pass contact info from opportunity to case.

Also, does anyone know of a good list of tips & tricks & values etc. for passing data around saleforce.com without using the API?

Thanks

Matthew C

I have been reading, and reading, and reading looking for some info on connection sforce to Dreamweaver Web Services menu.

No Luck so far, its starting to drive me nuts.

If anyone could describe how they connected to dreamweaver, that would be great.

So far I have both .net sdk's installed,I have patched up dreamweaver. I have created the SForce WSDL.

I have taken the source created by sforce and put it into a file called enterprise.wsdl on my webserver which is IIS 6.0 all open/enabled for dev work.

Dreamweaver just gives me this message "unable to generate a proxy"

I havent been able to find any other info as far as the SSL issue goes. I have found dozens of similar posts around the web with no answers. I have tried everything except what works.

Please help if you can

Thanks Matthew C

I can't get Dreamweaver to load the "enterprise.wsdl" file The "ok" butten just stays blank.

I updated my .NET to the latest

I added the paths in the environment variables, and I still cannot get it to work.

Please any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and I would love to hear more about that SSL issue I saw post to other questions of a similar nature on this board.

Also, I am running my tests on port 8945 , though I dont see how that could cause any problems.

Thanks In Advance

Matthew C

10-4

Has anybody got any experience setting up InfoPath 2003 with sforce. I'm getting errors trying to connect to my WSDL.

Can I just generate my WSDL file, then view source, then save as "test.wsdl" and put that on a web server. OR Do I need some special Web Server functions enabled? I am seeing a lot of this .asmx?WSDL and am not sure what the purpose of that is. I'm running IIS 6.0 Web Servers

Any thoughts on the above would be great, thanks

MatthewC

Does anybody know why when I search for certain "common terms" I get this error. I have no problem searching for other things. When I search for "Custom Objects" I get this error.

An Exception Has Occured
lithium.search.SearchException: search failed
lithium.user.PermissionDeniedException: [user:id=1318,login=MatthewC,communityId=sforce] does not have access to read_board
 lithium.user.PermissionManager.check   PermissionManager.java   237 
 lithium.boards.core.Board.checkPermission   Board.java   1093 
 lithium.boards.core.Community.getNestedBoard   Community.java   657 
 lithium.boards.core.sql.SQLMessageSearch.getIds   SQLMessageSearch.java   155 
 lithium.search.SearchIndex.search   SearchIndex.java   383 
 lithium.search.SearchService.search   SearchService.java   63 
 lithium.boards.core.World.search   World.java   332 
 sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor222.invoke   Unknown Source 
 sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke   DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java   25 
 java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke   Method.java   324 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute   ASTMethod.java   260 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute   ASTReference.java   207 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value   ASTReference.java   357 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render   ASTSetDirective.java   135 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render   ASTBlock.java   94 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render   ASTIfStatement.java   109 
 org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render   SimpleNode.java   271 
 org.apache.velocity.Template.merge   Template.java   296 
 lithium.fusion.FusionServlet.processTemplate   FusionServlet.java   707 
 lithium.fusion.FusionServlet.serviceVHTML   FusionServlet.java   544 
 lithium.fusion.FusionServlet.service   FusionServlet.java   282 
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service   HttpServlet.java   853 
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter   ApplicationFilterChain.java   247 
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter   ApplicationFilterChain.java   193 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke   StandardWrapperValve.java   256 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke   StandardContextValve.java   191 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke   StandardContext.java   2415 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke   StandardHostValve.java   180 
 org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke   ErrorDispatcherValve.java   171 
 org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke   ErrorReportValve.java   172 
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke   StandardEngineValve.java   174 
 org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service   CoyoteAdapter.java   223 
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process   Http11Processor.java   594 
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection   Http11Protocol.java   392 
 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt   PoolTcpEndpoint.java   565 
 org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run   ThreadPool.java   619 
 java.lang.Thread.run   Thread.java   536 

Has anybody been able to get Dreamweaver MX 2004 7.01 to work with the WSDL?
I keep getting "Unable to generate proxy"

Also, I have tried DreamFactory, ASP.net Web Matrix, Eclipse and I can't get any of them to access my http://sforce.netro.ca/netro.wsdl file.
I get proxy errors on pretty much everything.

Is their a special way to save the WSDL or does it require a special server or something.

Thanks

Matthew C

I can't get Dreamweaver to load the "enterprise.wsdl" file The "ok" butten just stays blank.

I updated my .NET to the latest

I added the paths in the environment variables, and I still cannot get it to work.

Please any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and I would love to hear more about that SSL issue I saw post to other questions of a similar nature on this board.

Also, I am running my tests on port 8945 , though I dont see how that could cause any problems.

Thanks In Advance

Matthew C

10-4