• 10 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Getting the dreaded permission exception on XmlHttpRequest.open error when I attempt to login().  Everything is hosted on sfdc, so not sure why I'm getting this.  Here are some germane snippets:

<script language="javascript" src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js" type="text/javascript"></script>       

sforceClient.setLoginUrl("https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0");
    var loginResult = sforceClient.login("xxx@xxxx.com", "xxx");
    if (loginResult.className != "LoginResult") {
        alert("Login failed! Here's the error: " + loginResult);
    }

thanks

Message Edited by onthebeach on 07-26-2006 09:26 AM

The most recent blog post I could find and the toolkit download still refer to beta 1. What is the current version and where are the releases posted?

thanks
I'm trying to enable editing of Accounts. I've made the following modifications:

Config.properties:
tabset.names=Home,Account,Lead,Opportunity,Channel_Account_Plan__c,MDF__c,Document
tabset.urls=home,views?t=Account,views?t=Lead,views?t=Opportunity,views?t=Channel_Account_Plan__c,views?t=MDF__c,documents
sobjects=Account,Lead,Opportunity,Task,Campaign,Channel_Account_Plan__c,Document,MDF__c,Objectives__c
view.account.0.name=My Accounts
view.account.0=select id, name, site from account

MessageResources.properties:
# Account Attributes
Account.views.message=Welcome to the My Accounts view page.
Account.name.singular=Account
Account.name.plural=Accounts

When I click "My Accounts", I get the following:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)
at com.sforce.util.ViewBuilder.sortedResults(Unknown Source)
at com.sforce.struts.action.SObjectViewsAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

thanks
I'm getting a NullPointerException when attempting to login.

Did the installation by the books. Runing JDK 5, Tomcat 5.5.

From the error log:

2005-10-13 18:10:01,072 [http-10080-Processor25] ERROR SforceManager - java.lang.NullPointerException

any ideas?

thanks.
Is it possible to pass ContactId to web-to-case instead of an email address?

thx

Message Edited by onthebeach on 06-30-2005 12:48 PM

Is the "# Time Opened" avialable via sforce?

thanks

Message Edited by onthebeach on 04-19-2005 07:28 PM

I'm loading cases with status = "Closed", and the "Closed" status is indeed setup to be a closed status. The problem is that the isClosed field is false. Salesforce should be setting isClosed to true. Any ideas why this is happening?

thanks
Why would this query return 0 records:

Select ID From Profile where name = 'PT1'

I think this should return one record. PT1 is the administrator profile on all org's I've dealt with.

Thanks,

onthebeach
If first noticed this in the 3.0 docs.

On page 30 of the 4.0 API doc (pdf version), an example given for date+time+zone is 1999-01-01T24:01:01.001Z-01:00. When specifying a time zone, I believe that the 'Z' is unnecessary and in fact will cause a malformed query exception.

onthebeach

Message Edited by onthebeach on 08-09-2004 08:21 PM

Hi,

2 out of 3 login attempts are resulting in a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. And if I can login, most subsequent calls (create() in this case) result in interval server 500 errors.

This is unusual and I'm using previously tested code. Anyone else having this problem?

thanks

onthebeach
I imported a bunch of tasks via some .NET code. A lot of them that were status = "Completed" are still showing up under the Open Activities list in the Account screen. Also, IsClosed is false for these. Shouldn't IsClosed be set to true automatically by the system if status = "Completed".

thanks

onthebeach
I've had this problem for months and am wondering if there is a fix or if I'm doing something wrong. When creating users via sforce, if I include any of the UserPermission* fields, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I believe this happens on Enterprise and Partner API. I'm using VS.NET 2003 and API 3.0.

Thanks

onthebeach
Hi,

Every time I add an OpportunityLineItem to an Opportunity, salesforce is adding a Stage History entry. I understand why salesforce does this, but if I am adding, say 10 line items to an opportunity, I'd like salesforce to not create a stage history until I'm finished adding those 10. Then I'd only have 1 stage history instead of 10. Is there any way to do this?

thanks

onthebeach
Hi.

I'm using the import wizard to import some accounts and contacts. I'd like to map one of the columns to the account record type. The online docs has this to say:
: NOTE
If you include record types in your import file, the Import Wizard uses the record owner's default record type when creating new records. For existing records, the Import Wizard does not update the record type field. See Managing Record Types for more details about record types.

This seems ambiguous. If the import wizard ignores record type on creation (uses owner's default) and does not update record type for update imports, why would one include a record type column in their import file per this scenario in the docs?

thanks.
When I try to set UserPermissionsOfflineUser (or any of the UserPermissions fields), I get the following error:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not resolve ColumnType from FieldOrColumnCommon: Class
common.udd.impl.BitVectorCommonImpl

any ideas?

thanks
I'd like to emulate the account/contact import matching & de-duping rules. I would think the query language would need to support regular expressions. Since it does not, is there another way to do server-side pattern matching?

thanks.
I'm using the above to import the partner wsdl. The tool cannot find any services in the partner or enterprise wsdl, nor does it give any helpful information.

any ideas? thanks.
I created a package in my developer account and uploaded it. I was trying to install it in my org account, but I get the following error:
"This package is not yet available. Please wait, or contact the package owner."

I have uploaded the same package many times before and this is simply the latest version. I added a few triggers since the last version, but nothing substantial. I have experienced temporary delays before, but not this long (24 hours).

If I try and install the package back into my developer account (on 'na5'), it finds it. If I try to install it in my second developer account (on 'na2'), I also get an error. My org account is on the 'ssl' server.

I will try uploading it with the same elements as in the last working version and see what that does.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot for one version of the error:

Here is a screenshot for a similar error I got one time, even though I was trying to upload the same elements as above:
Getting the dreaded permission exception on XmlHttpRequest.open error when I attempt to login().  Everything is hosted on sfdc, so not sure why I'm getting this.  Here are some germane snippets:

<script language="javascript" src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js" type="text/javascript"></script>       

sforceClient.setLoginUrl("https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0");
    var loginResult = sforceClient.login("xxx@xxxx.com", "xxx");
    if (loginResult.className != "LoginResult") {
        alert("Login failed! Here's the error: " + loginResult);
    }

thanks

Message Edited by onthebeach on 07-26-2006 09:26 AM

I'm trying to enable editing of Accounts. I've made the following modifications:

Config.properties:
tabset.names=Home,Account,Lead,Opportunity,Channel_Account_Plan__c,MDF__c,Document
tabset.urls=home,views?t=Account,views?t=Lead,views?t=Opportunity,views?t=Channel_Account_Plan__c,views?t=MDF__c,documents
sobjects=Account,Lead,Opportunity,Task,Campaign,Channel_Account_Plan__c,Document,MDF__c,Objectives__c
view.account.0.name=My Accounts
view.account.0=select id, name, site from account

MessageResources.properties:
# Account Attributes
Account.views.message=Welcome to the My Accounts view page.
Account.name.singular=Account
Account.name.plural=Accounts

When I click "My Accounts", I get the following:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)
at com.sforce.util.ViewBuilder.sortedResults(Unknown Source)
at com.sforce.struts.action.SObjectViewsAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

thanks
I'm getting a NullPointerException when attempting to login.

Did the installation by the books. Runing JDK 5, Tomcat 5.5.

From the error log:

2005-10-13 18:10:01,072 [http-10080-Processor25] ERROR SforceManager - java.lang.NullPointerException

any ideas?

thanks.

Hi,

I found a bug of sforce explorer. If I do query and get result for more than 500, sforce explorer will display the first 500, and If I click more, I will get .NET error message.

Any experience from other developers here?

Sq

I am getting the below error message from the 'System.Net.WebException' when attempting to download data from salesforce. Is anyone familiar with this error message and can help me figure out a way to prevent it. I have tried adjusting the query size down to 1000 from 2000. It happens on both custom objects and normal salesforce objects.

Additional information: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Thanks In Advance,
John
Hi,

My company has implemented sf.com with the private sharing model for standard products.

I have imported invoice headers and invoice items from our order management
system into custom objects in sf.com so sales reps can see what orders
have shipped and how they are going vs quota. The owner of the invoice
header custom object is the same as the account record owner and the
invoice item custom object is a detail off the header master.
In some cases accounts need to be shared among users, so I use the sharing rules
to define groups of users that share common accounts. The problem is
that custom objects cannot be configured using similar sharing rules
as far as I can tell. Is there a way to make individual custom objects
that are set up in a global private model sharable between users?

Thanks
AL
  • July 19, 2005

Hello,

I've added a custom object, called Player(s), to the opportunity object.  Players will act like the Contact Roles object in Salesforce. 

However I'm unable to add or view a new record as my partner via the partner portal. The Profile has all CRUD access to this object, however nothing shows up to the partner to add a new player.

Ideas?

Is the "# Time Opened" avialable via sforce?

thanks

Message Edited by onthebeach on 04-19-2005 07:28 PM

I'm loading cases with status = "Closed", and the "Closed" status is indeed setup to be a closed status. The problem is that the isClosed field is false. Salesforce should be setting isClosed to true. Any ideas why this is happening?

thanks

Hello I not sure want I am  doing wrong but, but  i havent been able to make the enterprise 4.0 example run.

When I run it form the Sample directory it gives me wrong name error o something like that.

I tryed to run it from  the bin directory with command "java com.salesforce.sample.Sample " but I get this error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ax
ault
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

I am new in Java, and I am not sure if I have missed something or maybe I am not declaring the classpath well. Where can I Start to check ?

Thanks for the help. I will appreciate a hand on this.

Regards

I imported a bunch of tasks via some .NET code. A lot of them that were status = "Completed" are still showing up under the Open Activities list in the Account screen. Also, IsClosed is false for these. Shouldn't IsClosed be set to true automatically by the system if status = "Completed".

thanks

onthebeach

Hello,

Salesforce.com custom fields have preassigned field names that start with zeroes "00N000000etc". (Doesn't conform to W3C standards: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-name)

For some reason, client-side JavaScript raises an error whenever I try to access a custom field. Using eval(  ) doesn't work either. If the first character of the field name starts with a character, it all works fine. Any workarounds?

// these don't work
 eval("alert(myForm.00N00000006ozIN.value)");
alert(myForm.00N00000006ozIN.value);

// these work
 eval("alert(myForm.x00N00000006ozIN.value)");
alert(myForm.x00N00000006ozIN.value);

Thanks so much.

-Zach.

Message Edited by zekay2000 on 07-30-2004 04:27 PM

Our client has a requirement to use SControls (with Applets embedded). Lets say that we create a Java Applet (and sign it), can we deploy a huge jar file (Containing the Java custom implementation with the axis libraries that it needs to run) ?

Any documentation on how to Sign applets would be appreciated.

Do we have any sample or tutorial to help us?

Thank You

Venk