• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We've added a Date/Time custom field on our Lead object in Sales Force.

When I download the Leads to a datatable in in VS.NET, using our Enterprise WSDL, the null dates in this column have been converted to, and display as, "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM"

The .NET datatable coulmn is define as :

<xs:element name="Date__c" msdataCaption="Date" type="xs:dateTime" minOccurs="0" />

The WSDL column is define as :

<s:element minOccurs="0" name="Date__c" nillable="true" type="s:dateTime" />

I could loop the datatable records and set the column to null where it equals "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM", but it would be nice not to have to remember to do that if we add other custom date/time fields.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

I've been looking at this problem (I forgot to say I'm displaying the data in an ASP.NET datalist)

If I loop the records and set the column to null where it equals "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM", it STILL displays as "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM".

It seems that this is an issue with the datalist control/.NET datasets.

The only solution I can find is to set the .NET datatable column type to string, loop the records and set the column to null where it equals "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM".

This solves the problem, but I don't think the column would now sort very well.

Any other suggestion still welcome!

Message Edited by Nick @ AKCSL on 09-09-2004 03:03 AM

I've downloaded the C# Partner sample from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sforce/csPatnerSample_with_source.zip?download

If I query the Account object as follows:

Select Id, Name from Account where id = '00120000000ibRPAAY'

I correctly get the result :

00120000000ibRPAAY AK Computer Services

However, if I use the query :

Select Id, Name from Account where id = '00120000000ibRP'

I get the same result!

(The "=" is not masquerading as a "like", since

Select Id, Name from Account where id = '00120000000ibR'

returns no records)

The reason I ask is that I have downloaded an excel Add-in to allow our users to query Account IDs and add them to a custom field on the Leads object in SalesForce. This add-in uses xmlrpc, api version 2.0 from the login server www.salesforce.com to query the data. It returns a 15 character Id from the Accounts table.

I want to use this custom field to match Leads to Accounts. My app is in C#.NET using our enterprise WSDL, and this correctly returns an 18 character Id from the Account object.

Why/How does the C# Partner sample match both the 15 and 18 character Id to the same record?

Cheers

Nick

We have a custom field in our Account table.  I am using SForce 4.0 Web Services and am trying to update this custom field, but it does not update.  Other fields in the Account will update.  I'm using ASP.Net 2003.  As I am totally new to the  sforce web service, so any advice would be more than welcome.

• September 14, 2004

Hi,

We've added a Date/Time custom field on our Lead object in Sales Force.

When I download the Leads to a datatable in in VS.NET, using our Enterprise WSDL, the null dates in this column have been converted to, and display as, "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM"

The .NET datatable coulmn is define as :

<xs:element name="Date__c" msdataCaption="Date" type="xs:dateTime" minOccurs="0" />

The WSDL column is define as :

<s:element minOccurs="0" name="Date__c" nillable="true" type="s:dateTime" />

I could loop the datatable records and set the column to null where it equals "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM", but it would be nice not to have to remember to do that if we add other custom date/time fields.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

I've been looking at this problem (I forgot to say I'm displaying the data in an ASP.NET datalist)

If I loop the records and set the column to null where it equals "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM", it STILL displays as "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM".

It seems that this is an issue with the datalist control/.NET datasets.

The only solution I can find is to set the .NET datatable column type to string, loop the records and set the column to null where it equals "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM".

This solves the problem, but I don't think the column would now sort very well.

Any other suggestion still welcome!

Message Edited by Nick @ AKCSL on 09-09-2004 03:03 AM

I've downloaded the C# Partner sample from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sforce/csPatnerSample_with_source.zip?download

If I query the Account object as follows:

Select Id, Name from Account where id = '00120000000ibRPAAY'

I correctly get the result :

00120000000ibRPAAY AK Computer Services

However, if I use the query :

Select Id, Name from Account where id = '00120000000ibRP'

I get the same result!

(The "=" is not masquerading as a "like", since

Select Id, Name from Account where id = '00120000000ibR'

returns no records)

The reason I ask is that I have downloaded an excel Add-in to allow our users to query Account IDs and add them to a custom field on the Leads object in SalesForce. This add-in uses xmlrpc, api version 2.0 from the login server www.salesforce.com to query the data. It returns a 15 character Id from the Accounts table.

I want to use this custom field to match Leads to Accounts. My app is in C#.NET using our enterprise WSDL, and this correctly returns an 18 character Id from the Account object.

Why/How does the C# Partner sample match both the 15 and 18 character Id to the same record?

Cheers

Nick

I am having trouble figuring out what data I want to query from the API.  For instance, I want to get all products realted to an opportunity.  I looked at the documentation and it says that opportunityLineItem is related to Product via ProductID.  I do not have a ProductID in the product table.    In the big picture, I am trying to dump a lot of the data into a sql database (real time, on demand) so that we can write reports against it.  I'm assuing the WSDL is the way to go.   Is the database schema denomalized for use in the API?

What is product verses product2 object?   pricebook verses pricebook2

Thank you.

• July 29, 2004

Hi,

This might be a really stupid question but how do I use the WSDL generated by Salesforce.com (From the generate screen in setup)?

I have many custom fields which I need access to but so far I have had no luck in adding the WSDL to my VB.NET project.

It would be great if someone could give me a little idiots guide?

Many Thanks, JT

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the Public Knowledge Database using Solutions module and would like to update the Self service access count/positive count and answer count fields in Salesforce.com through sforce. These fields are not available when I described the Solution module.

Can anyone let me know where I can find these fields so that I can update them based on user responses.

Thanks,

R

Has anyone had any luck getting the query result to display in a DataGrid?  In the quickstart files provided, the results are displayed in a simple table.  I was able to get that to work fine, but I would like to have the added functionality of a DataGrid control.

Im new to all of this and am looking for a kick in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Help!

I can't seem to get the QueryMore command to work if i have nested queries happening within a loop.

I receive an error message of INVALID_QUERY_LOCATOR when i call the QueryResult.QueryMore command.    I suspect it's because i am opening multiple client-side cursors, and the outermost QueryLocator is being closed.    

Question is, how can i explicitly close such a cursor?   I've tried "MyQueryResult = Nothing", but it didn't seem to make a difference.

thanks in advance

david hetzer

InScope Corporation (formerly HR Technologies)

Hi there,

I've some questions regarding login to salesforce / sforce. Perhaps somebody can throw some light on it?

We want to use WIL to extend salesforce. The WIL will link to ASP.NET pages which came from our internal web server. On those pages we have to display data from some of our databases and also data from salesforce. First question: I think I have to use the sforce API to access the salesforce data from my web page. As I'm already logged in in salesforce, do I have to log in again using the sforce API functions? Or is there another way, perhaps using the session ID from salesforce, which could be passed in the WIL?

Second question: If I want to do it the other way round, creating a 'login page' which logs me in using the sforce API, is it possible to pass credentials to salesforce, so that the user doesn't need to log in again?

If those are really trivial questions, I'd be glad if somebody could point me to the right documents, where I could find answers ;-)

Thx for your help!

Ralf

• October 10, 2003