• 25 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, I have a trigger that increments a number field on my Opportunity object for each new Case that is created for that Opp. The field name is 'Cases this Quarter.' How would I go about resetting this count to '0' on the first day of each quarter? Thanks in advance!

I've been using Custom Setting regularly in my current Apex development.  So far I've been creating separate Custom Settings objects for each feature that is currently under development.

But since Custom Settings are so much like custom objects, I was wondering if creating Custom Settings would count against an Org's sObject limts?  I'm assuming that they do and I should probably re-think my Custom Settings "Best Practices".

Thanks.

• July 14, 2010

I'm trying to query the sforce api with the following querystring:

"select firstName, lastName, myMultiField from Contact where myMultiField != null "

I keep getting the error INVALID_QUERY_FILTER_OPERATOR: invalid operator on multipicklist field

What are valid operators for a filter that's based on a multipicklist?

• July 22, 2004

Hi all,

just wrote a trigger that should be executed every time an attachment is deleted ("before delete attachment"). As long as I just delete attachments, this one works like a charm.

Now comes the big "but": If I delete an email with an attachment or even a case that contains an email with attachment, the trigger is not fired, although all related objects (case, email, attachment) are being removed in the process.

Why won't the trigger work as its supposed to be?

Regards,

Harry

can anybody help me how to pass the javascript values to a  controller in a visualforce page

Hi all, I have a trigger that increments a number field on my Opportunity object for each new Case that is created for that Opp. The field name is 'Cases this Quarter.' How would I go about resetting this count to '0' on the first day of each quarter? Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I have a custom object where "Allow Reports" checkbox is checked. But still, I am not able to view the reports associated with that object. Basically, I am not able to create any reports for that object.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

I have 10 custom fields that I need to calculate values for. I will only be calculating a certain number of them based on the number in another custom field. For example if the value in number_of_parts__c is 6, I would only need to calculate the values for the first  6 custom fields and not the rest. How can I use the value in a custom field to run an iteration loop? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks

• July 22, 2010

How do you get the Opportunity Id from this query?

accts = [select Id, (select Id from Opportunities) from Account

-Thanks

I've been using Custom Setting regularly in my current Apex development.  So far I've been creating separate Custom Settings objects for each feature that is currently under development.

But since Custom Settings are so much like custom objects, I was wondering if creating Custom Settings would count against an Org's sObject limts?  I'm assuming that they do and I should probably re-think my Custom Settings "Best Practices".

Thanks.

• July 14, 2010
I am trying to upload mass attachments to existing records in salesforce. What does the last ID represent in the body field ? This is sample record in the Apex dataloader .pdf user guide. What is this ID supposed to be? "00P30000000flztEAA " in the body field?
ParentId,          Name,               IsPrivate, OwnerId,  Body
701300000000iNIAAY,Customer Letter.pdf,0,00530000000dfAPAAY,C:\WES\Attachments\00P30000000flztEAA

Trying to configure Email2Case for accessing sfdc via HTTPS through the corporate HTTP Proxy, I've added the following 4 java system properties definitions in email2case.bat: -Dhttps.proxySet=true -Dhttps.proxyHost=<proxy hostname> -Dhttps.proxyPort=<proxy port> -Dhttps.proxyType=4

This kind of setting works fine with any "regular Java application", but with Email2Case it simply doesn't work: a network trace shows that the proxy is not called at all - the call is attempted direclty on sfdc.com, so Email2Case simply ignores these 4 parameters.

Is there a way to specify the proxy to be used by Email2Case ?

• August 17, 2006