• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

As I know there no way to sort information using SOQL. It would be find to have the "order by" clause available in SOQL

Of course I can sort the information once they are retrieved from salesforce.com but this is time consumming.

I can understand that salesforce.com doesn't want to allow to order the result on the server side due to potential performance issues but I am sure that salesforce.com maintains several sorted indexes  in their database for Internal use. At least it would be fine to have a way to use existing indexes to retrieve information using index hints.

Ex:

Imagine that there is a sorted index on the account table based on the account name, called "IndexAccountName". It would be nice to write something like

"Select Name from account index IndexAccountName"

to retrieve the content of the account object sorted by name. This way salesforce.com will not have to take care of performance issues as only existing indexes could be used. I am sure that most of the existing sorted indexes used internally by salesforce.com could be useful for external use.

It seems that the HasOptedOutOfEmail field from the contact object cannot be used in SOSQL query. This field exists in the .WSDL file but when I try to query it I got the "INVALID FIELD" error message. More strange I can add this field to the contact layout but it's never displayed in my sforce.com development environment?

ANy idea ?

I'd really like to query reports from the API:

1. Query the list of available reports (for example, to fill a drop-down)

2. For a given report, query the columns and rows.

I saw a screen shot from Got Campaigner that seems to indicate this is possible. Can it be done using either the partner or enterprise API? The API docs don't have any relevant hits when searching for Reports.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Message Edited by Mike Sax on 06-22-2005 01:20 AM