• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I know that sControls can be used for weblinks and custom tabs. But can you could use them to create html snippets for editing custom fields? (Such as if I wanted to bake my own javascript date picker). I would want to be able to do this within a section of a custom object's layout. It's odd because I could have sworn I'd prototyped this a few months ago, and now it seems the only use for an sControl is weblinks and customtabs.

-Mark

I'm writing serveral extensions to salesforce that have to scale up to 10 of thousands of records, but the out of the box dev account is capped at 1000. How can I get this limit increased?

Mark Orr
Chief Architect
enContext Solutions.

I have a question relating to CampaignMembers and the lack of joining behavior in the WSAPI.

Specifically, I'm writing a one click export feature for campaign members. I intend to use a sControl in the weblinks layout on a campaign detail page to launch a URL on an external server. That server will then use the Partner WSAPI to obtain a list of all leads and contacts associated with the campaign, populating a custom 'friendly' user ID field on leads and contacts as it goes.

The problem is performance. Because I have no join functionality, I have to first select all the CampaignMember records, then iterate over that record set and select the corresponding lead or contact records one at a time. Sinse this needs to scale up to tens of thousands or records the performance is to poor to move forward.

I've seen a similar feature in use at Vertical Response, and it runs many times faster than my prototype. What can I do differently to work around this issue?

Mark Orr
Chief Architect
enContext Solutions

I'm writing serveral extensions to salesforce that have to scale up to 10 of thousands of records, but the out of the box dev account is capped at 1000. How can I get this limit increased?

Mark Orr
Chief Architect
enContext Solutions.

I have a question relating to CampaignMembers and the lack of joining behavior in the WSAPI.

Specifically, I'm writing a one click export feature for campaign members. I intend to use a sControl in the weblinks layout on a campaign detail page to launch a URL on an external server. That server will then use the Partner WSAPI to obtain a list of all leads and contacts associated with the campaign, populating a custom 'friendly' user ID field on leads and contacts as it goes.

The problem is performance. Because I have no join functionality, I have to first select all the CampaignMember records, then iterate over that record set and select the corresponding lead or contact records one at a time. Sinse this needs to scale up to tens of thousands or records the performance is to poor to move forward.

I've seen a similar feature in use at Vertical Response, and it runs many times faster than my prototype. What can I do differently to work around this issue?

Mark Orr
Chief Architect
enContext Solutions

Hi,

I am using the partner wsdl for the purpose of integration. I got the complete functionality working with the enterprise wdl. I changed the code to make it work with partner wsdl but I am getting an exception at the time of "create" call. The exception goes like this....

AxisFault

faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException

faultSubcode:

faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element or attribute do not match QName production: QName::=(NCName':&apos?NCName.

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault

faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException

faultSubcode:

faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element or attribute do not match QName production: QName::=(NCName':&apos?NCName.

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

There is some problem with the Namespace but I have no clue. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

VZ

• August 13, 2004