• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to build a workflow rule that does the following:

1. Looks at newly created asset records.
  2. Checks a particular field on the asset record to see if it's false.
  3. Checks a particular field on the related contact record to see if it's false.
  4. Sends a single email to the related contact email if 2 & 3 above are false.

I'm able to do a basic version of this, no problem, but how do I prevent >1 email going to a contact if multiple assets are created simultaneously, as is often the case for us?

For example, our most popular SKU (Studio '09 Pro) includes 4 products, which are logged in our SFDC account via the salesforce.com API as 4 separate assets with a common order #, related to the contact (see this screenshot for an example).

With the current time-dependent workflow action I'm testing, 4 separate emails are sent, 1 for each asset.

So how can I have the workflow rule trigger a single email for each unique order number? Is that possible - to have a workflow rule compare data in multiple asset records vs. looking at a single record's data?

It seems like it would be if there were a way to stagger the asset creation a bit, then have the workflow rule check to see if a field had been flagged for a particular order number...

Thanks!

• February 03, 2009

I haven't done much with custom S-Controls, so if someone is willing to provide some example code for how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically, I'm running into the issue outlined in the thread Time-Based Workflow Rules on Leads Preventing Lead Conversion --  so I want to create a button override that sets a variable (ConvertMe = true), then converts the lead as usual.

How would I do this?

I can get a custom button to convert a lead when I use this simple HTML code:

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}

But how do I first set the variable? I've tried a number of different functions and OnClick JavaScripts I've found in these discussion boards, but haven't had any luck yet.

Any suggestions? It doesn't seem like this should be that complicated, but I'm obviously missing something. :)

Thanks!

• January 28, 2009
I have a custom object called "QA Reports." I want a way to associate 1 QA Report with >1 case. It's easy enough to do a 1-to-1 relationship or even have multiple QA Reports associated with a single case.

But I want this to work like solutions - I want to view a single QA Report and see all the cases associated with it.

How do I do this?

salesforce.com support tells me I need to use Cross-Object Formulas. Is that correct? And how do I get started?

Thanks!

-Gabe

• October 13, 2008

I recently reinstalled my OS and just tried to reinstall Case Detachifier again. I can download it just fine , and it looks like it’s installing (goes through the wizard, select my language, etc.), but then nothing happens and the app doesn’t seem to be installed (no desktop icon, program group, etc.).

I only see stuff related to the Outlook plugin here:
C:\Program Files\salesforce.com

And when I go to Start -> All Programs -> salesforce.com, only the Outlook Edition is there.

My registry only has "SM" folder under the salesforce.com entry, which I believe is related to the Outlook Edition, too.

Any ideas?

I’m on Windows XP SP2 (Media Center Edition).

Thanks.

• December 18, 2007

Hi There-

I’m trying to use the Case Detachifier application.

I want to back up to an FTP site, but that option isn’t working. I’m on Windows XP SP2. I’m certain the FTP login credentials I’m using are correct.

Below is the complete text from this error dialog:

This happens no matter what FTP server I try to connect to, and, as shown in the other screenshot, it just endlessly tries to test my FTP connection.

I’ve confirmed that my firewall program (Windows Live OneCare) IS allowing the salesforce.com Case Detachifier. I’ve tried rebooting my machine a couple times, but continue to get the same error.

What’s wrong here? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gabe Anderson
Director of Customer Support
Articulate
- The Global Leader in Rapid E-Learning
www.articulate.com

See what the experts are saying about Articulate:
www.articulate.com/company_accolades.html

Code:

ERROR LOG:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)

at Detachifier.SalesforceData.TestFtpServer()

at Detachifier.SaveScreen.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Detachifier

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/salesforce.com/Case%20Detachifier/Detachifier.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Web.Services

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

q2wuacru

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• February 16, 2007

I need to build a workflow rule that does the following:

1. Looks at newly created asset records.
  2. Checks a particular field on the asset record to see if it's false.
  3. Checks a particular field on the related contact record to see if it's false.
  4. Sends a single email to the related contact email if 2 & 3 above are false.

I'm able to do a basic version of this, no problem, but how do I prevent >1 email going to a contact if multiple assets are created simultaneously, as is often the case for us?

For example, our most popular SKU (Studio '09 Pro) includes 4 products, which are logged in our SFDC account via the salesforce.com API as 4 separate assets with a common order #, related to the contact (see this screenshot for an example).

With the current time-dependent workflow action I'm testing, 4 separate emails are sent, 1 for each asset.

So how can I have the workflow rule trigger a single email for each unique order number? Is that possible - to have a workflow rule compare data in multiple asset records vs. looking at a single record's data?

It seems like it would be if there were a way to stagger the asset creation a bit, then have the workflow rule check to see if a field had been flagged for a particular order number...

Thanks!

• February 03, 2009
I want to make the state/province field required on a lead when a user tries to convert the lead to an account. The state field is not required when the lead is created as the user may not know the state at this point.  When the user is ready to convert a lead the state field needs to be known and populated.  The issue is how to make it required only on the conversion and not on the save. I have thought about validations rules, workflow rules and possibly a trigger.  Though I encounter the problem of the required state error occurs on the save not on the conversion.
  • February 03, 2009

I haven't done much with custom S-Controls, so if someone is willing to provide some example code for how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically, I'm running into the issue outlined in the thread Time-Based Workflow Rules on Leads Preventing Lead Conversion --  so I want to create a button override that sets a variable (ConvertMe = true), then converts the lead as usual.

How would I do this?

I can get a custom button to convert a lead when I use this simple HTML code:

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}

But how do I first set the variable? I've tried a number of different functions and OnClick JavaScripts I've found in these discussion boards, but haven't had any luck yet.

Any suggestions? It doesn't seem like this should be that complicated, but I'm obviously missing something. :)

Thanks!

• January 28, 2009
I have a custom object called "QA Reports." I want a way to associate 1 QA Report with >1 case. It's easy enough to do a 1-to-1 relationship or even have multiple QA Reports associated with a single case.

But I want this to work like solutions - I want to view a single QA Report and see all the cases associated with it.

How do I do this?

salesforce.com support tells me I need to use Cross-Object Formulas. Is that correct? And how do I get started?

Thanks!

-Gabe

• October 13, 2008

I recently reinstalled my OS and just tried to reinstall Case Detachifier again. I can download it just fine , and it looks like it’s installing (goes through the wizard, select my language, etc.), but then nothing happens and the app doesn’t seem to be installed (no desktop icon, program group, etc.).

I only see stuff related to the Outlook plugin here:
C:\Program Files\salesforce.com

And when I go to Start -> All Programs -> salesforce.com, only the Outlook Edition is there.

My registry only has "SM" folder under the salesforce.com entry, which I believe is related to the Outlook Edition, too.

Any ideas?

I’m on Windows XP SP2 (Media Center Edition).

Thanks.

• December 18, 2007

Hi There-

I’m trying to use the Case Detachifier application.

I want to back up to an FTP site, but that option isn’t working. I’m on Windows XP SP2. I’m certain the FTP login credentials I’m using are correct.

Below is the complete text from this error dialog:

This happens no matter what FTP server I try to connect to, and, as shown in the other screenshot, it just endlessly tries to test my FTP connection.

I’ve confirmed that my firewall program (Windows Live OneCare) IS allowing the salesforce.com Case Detachifier. I’ve tried rebooting my machine a couple times, but continue to get the same error.

What’s wrong here? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gabe Anderson
Director of Customer Support
Articulate
- The Global Leader in Rapid E-Learning
www.articulate.com

See what the experts are saying about Articulate:
www.articulate.com/company_accolades.html

Code:

ERROR LOG:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)

at Detachifier.SalesforceData.TestFtpServer()

at Detachifier.SaveScreen.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

Detachifier

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/salesforce.com/Case%20Detachifier/Detachifier.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Web.Services

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

q2wuacru

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• February 16, 2007