• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I installed a mass delete option for open activity related lists on contact and opportunity page layouts. What I'd really like is the ability to allow users to select/delete multiple tasks directly from their SF homepages "My Tasks" lists. Is it possible to alter the mass delete code to allow for this functionality? I see that the code is specific for each type of record the activities related list is attached to, so the code would need to delete tasks in general regardless of if they're related to an opportunity or contact, etc. (code pasted below.) Then there's just the matter of adding a mass delete button to the "My Tasks" list, provided that's possible. Has anyone tackled anything like this already?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js")}

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Contact )};

//could this be changed to:  var records = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Tasks )}; ?

if (records[0] == null) {
alert("Please select at least one record.") }
else {

var errors = [];
var result = sforce.connection.deleteIds(records);
if (result && result.length){
var numFailed = 0;
var numSucceeded = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < result.length; i++){
var res = result[i];
if (res && res.success == 'true'){
numSucceeded++;
} else {
var es = res.getArray("errors");
if (es.length > 0) {
errors.push(es[0].message);
}
numFailed++;
}
}
if (numFailed > 0){
alert("Failed: " + numFailed + "\nSucceeded: " + numSucceeded + " \n Due to: " + errors.join("\n"));
} else {
alert("Number of records deleted: " + numSucceeded);
}
}
window.location.reload();
}
With most users in my office having a screen resolution of 1024x768 (or 800x600 for a few with poor eyesight) I've found that the new version of Outlook Ed's Application window for the Send&Add e-mail feature exceeds the size of the users' screens. Hence they are unable to get to the "send" buttons to actually send the e-mail/add it to SF. Has anyone else come across this issue? I was told by an initial SF representative that the issue had been reported as being problematic, but the next SF rep said there was no mention of the issue in any existing case.

I've already spoke to SF reps, so I know this is being looked into - in the meanwhile I'm curious if any users have had the same issue, or have found a solution that doesn't involved going to every user's computer and changing their settings.
I've created a dashboard which is showing the results from a report that is grouped by date. The report criteria is looking for opportunities that are owned by user Ted and have a stage that contains the word "win". The dashboard shows the date and the number of matching records per date. I want the dashboard to show all dates, even if there are no matching records (i.e. the record count would be 0 on that date.) Is this possible? How can I achieve this result?
Since upgrading our desktops to MS Outlook 2007 I've had several complaints that that SF Outlook Edition add-in no longer supports the "add e-mail to SF" functionality from within the e-mail message itself. (There is no longer a "send and add to SalesForce" option button - users must now send their messages, return to their sent items folder, highlight the message they wish to add to SF and use the button in the main Outllook window to complete this task.)

I'm wondering if there's a way to regain the "send message and add to SF" functionality that was available with Outlook 2003?

This may seem like a minor issue, but when an entire sales team loses a time-saving feature the default reaction is to stop documenting sales e-mail in SF as opposed to adding e-mails "the long way."
Since upgrading our desktops to MS Outlook 2007 I've had several complaints that that SF Outlook Edition add-in no longer supports "add e-mail to SF" functionality from within the e-mail message itself. (There is no longer a "send and add to SalesForce" option button - users must now send their messages, return to their sent items folder, highlight the message they wish to add to SF and use the button in the main Outllook window to complete this task.)

I'm wondering if there's a way to regain the "send message and add to SF" functionality that was available with Outlook 2003?

This may seem like a minor issue, but when an entire sales team loses a time-saving feature the default reaction is to stop documenting sales e-mail in SF as opposed to adding e-mails "the long way."