• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know before in the beta version, I could use something like this

sforceClient.DescribeSObject(objType).fieldList

Is there another call that brings in the list of fields?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 
We have a data file that contains over 50,000 records that we get from a partner. The file may grow with additions and it may shrink with records that have been deleted. They are advising us to delete and insert every night 50,000+ records.

The problem with that is the recycle bin gets overloaded with all the deleted records.

Is there a way to delete records permanently without them reaching the recycle bin?

Would it be better for them to assign a unique id to each record and perform and update and insert?

What should I do?
For the Event object, is there a way to prevent the Date field from auto-filling today's date? 

We want our users to have to select the correct date instead of it auto-filling in and it not being the correct date of the event.  Not many people are going to schedule an event for today, anyway.

Or is there an option that can be turned on or off to have required Date fields to auto-fill todays date?

Thanks.
It's hard to tell from the blog how to use these methods so if someone can provide me an example that would be great.

Thanks.
I know before in the beta version, I could use something like this

sforceClient.DescribeSObject(objType).fieldList

Is there another call that brings in the list of fields?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 
I have a custom object that is named xm_VendorIndex__c. When I want to perform any operation on that object using data loader, it does not show up in the list of objects even after checking the 'Show all Objects box'. I have another object named xm_ManagerIndex__c which does show up in the object list.

I suspect there is something wrong with the way the DataLoader lists the objects. I believe the index falls short by 1 and does not go all the way.

Can you correct the bug and give me the download link please?

Thanks.
  • December 15, 2006
We have a data file that contains over 50,000 records that we get from a partner. The file may grow with additions and it may shrink with records that have been deleted. They are advising us to delete and insert every night 50,000+ records.

The problem with that is the recycle bin gets overloaded with all the deleted records.

Is there a way to delete records permanently without them reaching the recycle bin?

Would it be better for them to assign a unique id to each record and perform and update and insert?

What should I do?
It's hard to tell from the blog how to use these methods so if someone can provide me an example that would be great.

Thanks.

I have a scenario where a user is using a custom application to determine duplicate accounts, contacts, and leads. 

Is it possible to build an URL containing object ids that would link to the merge wizards for each object?

Thanks for the help.

• September 28, 2005