• 5 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
With the Winter 07 release, we are taking advantage of making some of our custom objects private.  I am trying to track down the object that manages the security for these custom objects.  This would be the equivalent to AccountShare, OpportunityShare, CaseShare, etc.  Is there an sObjectShare?  We need to identify this for some of our custom applications.

Thank you!!
  • March 14, 2007
Is it possible to use sforceClient.Login within an sControl rather than sforce.init?  I would like to allow my sControl to login as an adminstrative user as a security work-around, but I keep getting errors when calling the Login method.

Thanks.
  • May 03, 2006
How do I configure DBAMP to point to my test environment of SFDC?
  • October 27, 2005

I am getting an error creating the new Opportunity with the AJAX toolkit.

I have read through this message board and found that the object parameter must be in the form of an array, but I still get the following messge when I interogate the SoapFault object (toString):

"faultstring: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:  The reference to entity "D" must end with the ";" dilimeter.  faultcode: soapenv:Server"

Can someone help me how I can troubleshoot this??

Here is my create script:

var Opp = new DynaBean("Opportunity")

//A series of set statements

var saveResult = sforceClient.Create([Opp]);

if (saveResult.getClassName() == "SoapFault") {

alert(saveResult.toString);

} else {

alert("It worked!");

}

• September 01, 2005

I am using the new sForce AJAX toolkit to create a new object.  I would like to default a date field on the object, but I keep getting an error when doing the set.  Can anyone tell me what the valid date format would be in this case?

Opp.set("CloseDate", doDateConversion());

function doDateConversion() {

var d = new Date();

var curr_date = d.getDate();

var curr_month = d.getMonth() + 1;

var curr_year = d.getFullYear();

var dateString = curr_year + "-" +   curr_month + "-" +   curr_date ;

return (dateString);

}

• September 01, 2005

I am successfully using the command line interface of the sForce Data Loader to extract data.  However, I am having problems using SOQL statements with a WHERE clause like:

The statement below generates a "Error in Query: missing Select" message. The statement directly out of the config.properties file after running successfully using the GUI interface.

java -jar sforcedataloader.jar entity=Account operation=extract extractionSOQL="Select Id, Name FROM Account WHERE RecordTypeId \!= '0123000000004lXAAQ'" extractionTarget=C:\\Projects\\Salesforce\\Data\\accounts.csv

I have tried every combination of escape characters I can think of to get this syntax to work.  Can anybody help me out??

• July 06, 2005

We followed your recommendation and inserted a Manual share for each of the team members so that they are R/W on the Account and R/O on opps and cases.  However, the team members still appear to be all R/O for accounts on the related list.  How do we get this upgraded from "Manual" to "Team" on the AccountShare?

• February 22, 2005

My organization has recently changed the org-wide default for Accounts from Public Read/Write to Public Read/Only.  An unexpected consequence of this change was that all Account Team Members who had Read/Write Access to accounts were updated to be Read Only.  We would like to programmatically update all of the account team members back to Read/Write.

It appears that there are two objects involved in this process.  First, the AccountTeamMember object holds the relationship between all Account Team Members and the Account.  Second, the AccountShare object holds the security level if it is "not trivial."  Knowing that we cannot update the RowCause field on the AccountShare object, we can insert records through the API where the RowCause is "Manual", but the Account Team Member still shows as "Read Only" when I go view the account.  Although I think that adding these "Manual" records to AccountShare will grant the user the access they need, the user's access is not obvious when looking at the account.

My question is, how do these "Manual" AccountShare records show themselves in the application?  And is there anyway that I can programmatically update the Account Team so that these relationships are more intuitive?  (We would do it manually, but this problem affects more than 200,000 account team member relationships.)

Thanks.

• February 16, 2005

I have been using the sForce Provider for .NET for several integrations with great success.  Kudos to the developers who did a fantastic job.

I am having a problem with one particular integration in which I want to pass the session id passed from SFDC and reuse it to create a connection within my asp page.  When I do this using the sForce api, it is as simple as setting the sessionheadervalue of the sForceService equal to the SessionID.  Can anyone tell me how I can do the same thing with the provider?

(The reason I need to do this rather than hard-coding a user and password is that the ASPX page is going to create objects within SFDC that I would like the user to own)

Thanks.

• January 14, 2005
At Dreamforce, there was a demo of a .NET adapter for sForce.  This adapter was to be posted for download a week or so after Dreamforce.  Can someone point me to the link?
  • November 16, 2004
With the Winter 07 release, we are taking advantage of making some of our custom objects private.  I am trying to track down the object that manages the security for these custom objects.  This would be the equivalent to AccountShare, OpportunityShare, CaseShare, etc.  Is there an sObjectShare?  We need to identify this for some of our custom applications.

Thank you!!
  • March 14, 2007
Is it possible to use sforceClient.Login within an sControl rather than sforce.init?  I would like to allow my sControl to login as an adminstrative user as a security work-around, but I keep getting errors when calling the Login method.

Thanks.
  • May 03, 2006
One small question.... If I need to schedule more than one operation (ex: one inserts, one updates and one deletes), do I need to write three differentes config files and put them in separated places ? (could it be in the same place, with differentes names?) or do I write all the operation secuencially in the same file ?

As always thanks for your support.

TRF

I am getting an error creating the new Opportunity with the AJAX toolkit.

I have read through this message board and found that the object parameter must be in the form of an array, but I still get the following messge when I interogate the SoapFault object (toString):

"faultstring: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:  The reference to entity "D" must end with the ";" dilimeter.  faultcode: soapenv:Server"

Can someone help me how I can troubleshoot this??

Here is my create script:

var Opp = new DynaBean("Opportunity")

//A series of set statements

var saveResult = sforceClient.Create([Opp]);

if (saveResult.getClassName() == "SoapFault") {

alert(saveResult.toString);

} else {

alert("It worked!");

}

• September 01, 2005
Hi,

For example,

I have 2 *.csv files: myaccounts.csv, myopportunities.csv with
the data of my old system and without ids,
the way I associated opportunities with accounts was with a field called "account name" in the "myopportunities.csv" file.

Now, i don´t know how to insert this information in salesforce.com with sfoce data loader automatically.

I think the first step i need to do is to insert the "myaccounts.csv" file, but i don´t know which must be the next step ... ( how to insert the opportunities "myopportunities.csv" and associate with accounts in salesforce.com automaticaly )

Thanks a lot.

Victor.

I have been using the sForce Provider for .NET for several integrations with great success.  Kudos to the developers who did a fantastic job.

I am having a problem with one particular integration in which I want to pass the session id passed from SFDC and reuse it to create a connection within my asp page.  When I do this using the sForce api, it is as simple as setting the sessionheadervalue of the sForceService equal to the SessionID.  Can anyone tell me how I can do the same thing with the provider?

(The reason I need to do this rather than hard-coding a user and password is that the ASPX page is going to create objects within SFDC that I would like the user to own)

Thanks.

• January 14, 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to SalesForce.  I have been messing around with the API the last few days.  I have managed to write code to insert a new contact and account.  I also played around with querying data in accounts.  But I am stumped on something.  We have created several user-defined fields in accounts.  By reading thru various posts I see that you must append __C at the end of custom fields.  So here is my SQL statement:

qra = binding.query("select Name, Site, Id, Bed_Count__c from Account")  Bed_Count is the user defined field.  I would like to display this field.  How do I do this?

Thanks,

Bob

• January 14, 2005