• 25 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am attempting to  update a managed package and I'm receiving the following error ...

Component Type = Report

Name = "NameOfReport"

Problem = Unable to include components from personal or unfiled folders.

When I try to select and view "NameOfReport" I receive "Insufficient Privleges".

I can see from the "Package Detail" that this report was included in the last version of the managed packge. Is it possible for other users in the current dev org with System Administrator rights to move a "managed" report to a "personal" folder and this would cause the problem? 

Any ideas on resolving this problem?

Regards

I've been stuck for a bit on trying to make "Contacts" available via the Customer Portal. When selecting "Contacts" on the customer portal, I receive "Insufficient Privileges".

Some notes and things I have already checked ...

- The User License type = Customer Portal Manager

- Profile & Tab Settings for Contact = Default On

- Profile & Standard Object Permissions for Contact = Read, Create, Edit

Just hoping I missing something simple.

Regards,

Thomas

Hello,

We are looking to create a managed package that is NOT licensed per user, but on the number of records within a custom object. And to take that one step further, we would want to filter the number of records with specific parameters.

I have been searching the newsgroup and have been unable to find information regarding this and if this is even possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

We have a .Net service that uploads data to the SFDC data store via their APIs. Today I found that the user account that is leveraged for these uploads is locked out and has errors stating "Login Rate Exceeded".

After reviewing the newsgroups my understanding is that this error comes from exceeding the daily "API Requests". The problem is that when I login as a different user to check the "API Requests, Last 24 Hours" on the "Company Information" page,  it states my current level is only 80%.

I was hoping for some insight as to what is the root cause of this governor problem.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hello,

I created a "Managed Package" and installed to a production Sandbox for testing. I have been unable to get the custom objects/tabs associated to this Managed Package to display when logged in as a "Force.com Free" user. I have no problem assigned this information to the Force.com Free profile, but I am just unable to view any of this information after logging in as this user.

Just wondering if this is a basic limitation with Force.com Free users or am I missing something very basic?

Thanks,

Thomas

Message Edited by Thomas Stroh on 03-15-2010 04:31 PM

Hello,

I was hoping to start a discussion on best practices for database design inside SFDC. As a simple example, say I would like to add an unlimited number of "Custom" fields to the existing "Account" object. I see (2)  potential ways to accomplish this task ...

Option #1 - Create "Custom" object with a lookup relationship to Account. This would allow for unlimited "custom" objects related to Account.

Option #2 - Create fields Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, etc. within the Account object.

My current design has already implemented Option #1, which seems like the appropriate database design. But now that the solution is released into production and I have tens and thousands of "Custom" rows now in the system, I find that this new Object is taking up all of my disk space for my current Org.

I've discovered that each "row" in SFDC takes up 2 kb worth of data. It doesn't matter if I have 5 fields or 250 fields ... takes 2 kb. So now I'm second guessing myself on the database design. To be honest, I never even thought of option #2, which is my mind is bad database design. But now that I'm dealing with disk space issues and might have to continue paying for more disk space ... Option #2 looks like a better option.

Anyway, looking for other comments/opinions on this subject.

Regards,

Thomas

Hopefully I'm missing something really simple here. I created a "Home Page Component" with the following body:

<iframe src="/apex/test" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="100"></iframe>

Where "test" is my VisualForce page. When I configure this to display on my home page, I see the source code as opposed to my VF page? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards

We have a client-side application that uploads data into SFDC, but we are requiring that people "certify" these workstations as capable of uploading data to our hosted SaaS Server, which in turn uploads data to our SFDC org. We have a process in which we require a user's SFDC username & password and our SaaS Server application verifies that it is valid in SFDC and creates a certificate.

Anyway, we are validating all "User" types with this function (SFDC User, Partner Portal  User & Customer Portal User). We have no problems with SFDC Users and Partner Portal Users, which do not require LoginScopeHeader that I list below. Customer Portal Users are causing us a problem. We have attempted the following:

- Login() with a LoginScopeHeader (including OrgID) failed.

- Login() with a LoginScopeHeader (including OrgID + PortalID) success.

We have a problem with providing the PortalID in that this would require the hard-coding of the portalID (or multiple portalIDs). Also, we are working in a Dev environment and will not port to a production org. Since we do login via a "System" account first, we are able to find the user and determine they are a customer portal User and their associated role ... we have not been able to find a way to determine the  PortalID they are assigned to include within the LoginScopeHeader.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated on a workaround to this issue.

Regards,

Thomas

I have been researching reporting tools and I have seen announcements about Jasper4Salesforce, but I can't find anything on the AppExchange and nothing on Jasper Soft's web site. Is this product/plug-in still available? Has anyone used this?

I'm interested in hearing what other solutions people are using to extend beyond SFDC reporting limitations. I need a solution that is not just Account/Opportunity based, but can extend to any custom objects that we  have created.

Regards,

Thomas

I am just starting out with Visual Force, but want to make sure I handle localization appropriately. I created a very simple VF example below, where I'm trying to redefine the Account home tab.

I'm hoping someone can show me how to access "standard" SFDC text values so that I do not have to create "Custom Labels" to  handle localization. I am not talking about standard object field names, because you can see below I can access localize fields without issue. I want to access text values that SFDC has already localized in their application ... i.e. View, Home, Go!, Search, Setup, Help, Logout, etc.  Not that I need all of these, but if I want to put the text "Home" on my VF page, why not leverage what SFDC has already localized?

You can see in my example below, the items highlighted in "Red" I created as "Custom Labels" and the "Go!" value is just hard-coded.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
<apex:sectionHeader title="{!$ObjectType.Account.Label}" subtitle="{!$Label.Home}" />
<apex:form >
<apex:outputLabel >
<b>{!$Label.View}:</b>
</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:selectList value="{!filterid}" size="1">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
</apex:selectList>
<apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!list}"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

We have translation toolbox enabled and it does the job with basic picklist, field titles, etc.  We will not be using picklists anywhere in our solution for a couple of reasons; most importantly, that we must use lookup tables in order to add associated columns.

As a simple example, we need a lookup list that contains "Colors", containing “Red”, "White" and “Blue”.   We may also decide later that we need abbreviated titles, hence “R”, "W" and “B”.  Later we add other associated values, and so on.  And secondly, "Colors" needs to have references to more than just one Object, so why manage the same pick-list values in each Object referenced?

For the sake of scalability, Colors must be in a table (or Object) rather than a picklist.  The problem is, we don’t know of a way to provide translations of lookup tables.  Yes, we could add columns like “units-de”, “units-es”, etc.  In order to use the proper column in the UI for the current locale, we would have to write s-controls for every affected object.  There has to be an easier way.
I have been looking to enable the Translation Toolbox feature in my development account? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Thomas

I am attempting to  update a managed package and I'm receiving the following error ...

Component Type = Report

Name = "NameOfReport"

Problem = Unable to include components from personal or unfiled folders.

When I try to select and view "NameOfReport" I receive "Insufficient Privleges".

I can see from the "Package Detail" that this report was included in the last version of the managed packge. Is it possible for other users in the current dev org with System Administrator rights to move a "managed" report to a "personal" folder and this would cause the problem? 

Any ideas on resolving this problem?

Regards

I've been stuck for a bit on trying to make "Contacts" available via the Customer Portal. When selecting "Contacts" on the customer portal, I receive "Insufficient Privileges".

Some notes and things I have already checked ...

- The User License type = Customer Portal Manager

- Profile & Tab Settings for Contact = Default On

- Profile & Standard Object Permissions for Contact = Read, Create, Edit

Just hoping I missing something simple.

Regards,

Thomas

I want to count the Child (ChildTable__c) objects for each ParentTable.

I try to run the following aggregate query:

Select Count (Id), THAKA__ParentTable__c, THAKA__ParentTable__r.Name from THAKA__ChildTable__c group by THAKA__ParentTable__c, THAKA__ParentTable__r.Name

And export it on CSV. The THAKA__ParentTable__r.Name is blank. This happens only when I have an Agregate query.

When I run the following query:

Select Id, THAKA__ParentTable__c, THAKA__ParentTable__r.Name from THAKA__ChildTable__c

The field THAKA__ParentTable__r.Name has the Name of the parent object.

I even tried using the C# application (API) and the aggregate query returns the parent object fields.

Anyone has seen this problem?

• June 29, 2010

Hello,

We are looking to create a managed package that is NOT licensed per user, but on the number of records within a custom object. And to take that one step further, we would want to filter the number of records with specific parameters.

I have been searching the newsgroup and have been unable to find information regarding this and if this is even possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

Hello,

I created a "Managed Package" and installed to a production Sandbox for testing. I have been unable to get the custom objects/tabs associated to this Managed Package to display when logged in as a "Force.com Free" user. I have no problem assigned this information to the Force.com Free profile, but I am just unable to view any of this information after logging in as this user.

Just wondering if this is a basic limitation with Force.com Free users or am I missing something very basic?

Thanks,

Thomas

Message Edited by Thomas Stroh on 03-15-2010 04:31 PM

Hello,

I was hoping to start a discussion on best practices for database design inside SFDC. As a simple example, say I would like to add an unlimited number of "Custom" fields to the existing "Account" object. I see (2)  potential ways to accomplish this task ...

Option #1 - Create "Custom" object with a lookup relationship to Account. This would allow for unlimited "custom" objects related to Account.

Option #2 - Create fields Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, etc. within the Account object.

My current design has already implemented Option #1, which seems like the appropriate database design. But now that the solution is released into production and I have tens and thousands of "Custom" rows now in the system, I find that this new Object is taking up all of my disk space for my current Org.

I've discovered that each "row" in SFDC takes up 2 kb worth of data. It doesn't matter if I have 5 fields or 250 fields ... takes 2 kb. So now I'm second guessing myself on the database design. To be honest, I never even thought of option #2, which is my mind is bad database design. But now that I'm dealing with disk space issues and might have to continue paying for more disk space ... Option #2 looks like a better option.

Anyway, looking for other comments/opinions on this subject.

Regards,

Thomas

I am looking for help to determine whether Force.com is a good fit for a large-scale Enterprise application.  There are several questions that I have the I have not been able to locate the answers on my own:

1. Is there a threshold where the Force.com database may not be a good choice where traditional enterprise relational databases will be a better choice?  The app I am tasked with building will be terabytes of data.  If we imagine the industry of widget manufacturers, this app will serve the to track all the wholesale sales of widgets for every manufacturer.  All widget distributors will load their sales history and the manufacturers will reimburse the distributors for reaching qualifying sales quotas.   The typical user will be a manufacturer that will run reports that will query data at a national level for all distributors in the country.  The data queried would be millions ofrecords.  How can I quantify that theForce.com database is as robust as the major relational databases?  Are there whitepapers that compare the performance of the Force.com db vs. the standard relational db’s?
  2. I am unclear of what the pricing structure would be to my end users.  When I create aForce.com app that has no relation to the Salesforce.com  CRM product, what is the per user costs to Salesforce.com?  What are the storage costs to Salesfoce.com?  This app will likely have a disproportioned number of users to storage.  That is, a small number of users but a large amount of data. I need to project these storage costs to determine in advance the true pricing model for the end users. Also, unlike other compute cloud providers, I have seen no mention of bandwidth or compute costs.  Please confirm it is correct that there are no bandwidth or compute costs for a hostedForce.com application?  I have spoke with a Business development person, but she was non-technical and was unable to answer any of these issues.  

• October 19, 2009

Hopefully I'm missing something really simple here. I created a "Home Page Component" with the following body:

<iframe src="/apex/test" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="100"></iframe>

Where "test" is my VisualForce page. When I configure this to display on my home page, I see the source code as opposed to my VF page? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards

I am trying to generate an advanced report in SF without taking the data out of SF.

The report will require some data transformation, so I thought that my best shot will be using a custom object as my report shell. Then I can use Apex code to do the transofrmation and then feed my custom object. Do you know if this is possible or not? Does someone have any examples? 

Also is it possible to create a workflow to call this code everyday to refresh my object? 

Hi,

How can i create one-to-one relationship between two custom objects in salesforce.com. 

Example: I have two custom objects having following details:

1) Employee (Name, PanCardNo)

2)PanCard(PanCardNo Name_on_card)

I have gone through documents of salesforce, but i can able to find out only lookup (One-to-many raltionship) and master-detail relationship(many-to-many relationship).

Is there any way to create one-to-one relationship??

Regards

kamlesh kumar

I have a custom object transaction__c with a custom field cost__c of type number(10,4). The cost is calculated as a quotient of two other fields of type number(10,4).

When I display cost__c in a visualforce page I see it in the following format: 0,9555 (my locale is set to german, hence the comma). However, if I first convert the value to a string (using string.valueof(transaction.cost__c)) and then display the string, I lose my locale settings (the comma in this case) and also the number is shown with more than 4 decimal places, for example 0.9554931231.

Is there a way to convert the number to a string without losing locale settings and the number of decimal places? Thanks, Alon

• May 12, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am struggling with the debug log detail while using opensource JSONObject code. I am processing a fairly short JSON string, but the log overfills and I cannot see my own messages appearing later on.

Here is a screenshot:

20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.nextString: line 1181, column 17: returning String from method public String next() in 1 ms20090203160403.602:Class.JSONObject.JSONTokener.next: line 1043, column 17: returning String from method String read(String) in 0 ms*********** MAXIMUM DEBUG LOG SIZE REACHED **************

I checked the places in the code (lines 1043 and 1181), but there is no explicit system.debug that I can suppress.

Is there any way how to filter this out?

Many thanks

Filip 

• February 03, 2009
We're attempting a native force.com app that needs to call web services on another ORG.  (aka ORG to ORG web service call.)

I understand how to consume an ORG's web service using an S-Control, .NET, Java, PHP, Ajax-Toolkit. 

How do I consume a web service using APEX code? 

NOTE:  The ORG with the web service method stores standardized custom objects (DAAS) that will be used by other ORG's that we create.

Please advise if possible.  What are the best ways to login() and work with sessions using apex?

Thanks.
- ISV
Since using the new release of the IDE (version 14) I get enormous amounts of debug output, no matter what log level are set. These settings seem to get ignored, the same seems to happen in the browser output when running tests.
I set the various log levels for each category, basically disabling everything except apex code, but each test case gets several thousand (!) lines of output. So the debug log only contains output for 3 test methods before all further output gets truncated.
This makes it pretty much impossible to use the output for debugging since it misses most of the other test methods and is totally bloated with information I didn't want to see in the first place.
Any ideas what's going on here? Are the log levels just broken? Anything I can do to get useful debug log output?