• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Sorry if this has been asked before.  So, when is the next version of the API coming out?  Namely, I am interested in the ability to create/maintain Self Service users and previous posts said "next version".

So, when is this next version?  How do I find release plans/information?

Regards,

- Hal

• February 09, 2005

Though, this not exactly an sforce questions, I hope someone here can help me.  I have a web-to-lead form that includes a custom date/time field that was created on the lead form.  No matter what I type in this field, it does not get updated to the field in SalesForce.  What gives?  Does anybody know or has gotten this to work?

Thanks in advance. - Hal

• December 09, 2004

Hi folks,

I am very new to this (and in a hurry of course), so please forgive my newbie questions.  My company is converting to SalesForce.com and I am uploading the data, namely leads.  I started with the wizard (found it lacking) and then moved over to the API.  I have pretty much resolved all my issues, except for and issue around the inability to specify the "CreatedDate" value.  Many of the lead reports are driven off of the "CreatedDate".  I would like to specify the original "CreatedDate", except it will always be updated to the actual upload date.

The API documentation clearly states "The sforce Web service populates certain fields automatically, such as CreatedDate, CreatedById, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, and SystemModstamp. You cannot explicitly specify these values."  So, it sounds like I am up a creek.  However, I thought I would ask the users of this forum before giving up.  So, is there a way to upload data and specify the CreatedDate?

Yes, I know I can create a custom field and upload the historical create data to that field. However, this creates many issues going forward that I would rather avoid.  So, can I specify the CreatedDate somehow, or is it completely hopeless?

Best Regards - Hal

• December 08, 2004

Sorry for wasting anyone's time with a basic question, but I've seen references to "web-to-lead" several times on this board.  I've searched the downloadable sample code and not located this specifically.  Is this a specific tool or utility, or just a generic application of the API?  If the former, can someone please point me to some sample code demonstrating its use?

I would like to integrate the web-to-lead functionality into a classic ASP (not .NET) application, if possible.  I have some old ASP code that is using the SOAP toolkit, but it's no longer working for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Though, this not exactly an sforce questions, I hope someone here can help me.  I have a web-to-lead form that includes a custom date/time field that was created on the lead form.  No matter what I type in this field, it does not get updated to the field in SalesForce.  What gives?  Does anybody know or has gotten this to work?

Thanks in advance. - Hal

• December 09, 2004

Hi folks,

I am very new to this (and in a hurry of course), so please forgive my newbie questions.  My company is converting to SalesForce.com and I am uploading the data, namely leads.  I started with the wizard (found it lacking) and then moved over to the API.  I have pretty much resolved all my issues, except for and issue around the inability to specify the "CreatedDate" value.  Many of the lead reports are driven off of the "CreatedDate".  I would like to specify the original "CreatedDate", except it will always be updated to the actual upload date.

The API documentation clearly states "The sforce Web service populates certain fields automatically, such as CreatedDate, CreatedById, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, and SystemModstamp. You cannot explicitly specify these values."  So, it sounds like I am up a creek.  However, I thought I would ask the users of this forum before giving up.  So, is there a way to upload data and specify the CreatedDate?

Yes, I know I can create a custom field and upload the historical create data to that field. However, this creates many issues going forward that I would rather avoid.  So, can I specify the CreatedDate somehow, or is it completely hopeless?

Best Regards - Hal

• December 08, 2004