• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to do apex development in my developer's account.  I would like to export all of
my enterprise account custom fields and tables and load them into the developer's account.

Do I have to recreate the custom bits through the salesforce UI or is their a way to import
the WSDL into my developer's account?

Is there a big picture piece I'm just not picking up on ;}

thanks,
David
  • January 31, 2008
Ages ago when I create object names in custom objects I made them too long where they really screw up Report columns.  My question is:
Can I change them or something related to them so that the headings in reports won't look like "ourApplication_Account:username"?  I'd like it to show up as "AppAcct:username" instead.
 I changed the label to the object name, but it didn't have any impact on reports and I don't want to change the object name itself since we have a TON of code (javascript, Java) that uses the object name reference. 

I don't support there's a way to create an alias to custom objects so that object names can be hidden from appearing in salesforce Report columns?

thanks, David
  • August 12, 2007
Wondering if anybody has dealt with this...  I've got threw getting rid of sforce calls to see if I can reduce this down to a single culprit.  Thanks, David

an error has occurred: {faultcode ... 'Attribute "xmlns" bound to namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" was already specified for element "query".',}
Connecting to server: /services/Soap/u/8.0
<se:Envelope xmlns:se="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><se:Header xmlns:sfns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"><sfns:SessionHeader><sessionId>u7ipFzROtCs4S_mHThAKfWE_pHzlSgfW31DL0hcSQEVEmbW16AMp_vIlQtoQ_06UYOj4GTxuq4B.kD8LwzFdRq_LHUU=</sessionId></sfns:SessionHeader></se:Header><se:Body><query xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:ns1="sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns=""><queryString>Select Name,Id from Lead where Id = '00Q4000000EB0l3'</queryString></query></se:Body></se:Envelope>
  • February 16, 2007
What is the real story regarding re-directing fo web2lead or web2case?  Two conflicting statements from salesforce below... thanks, David

from AdamG's posting to the Discussion Board:
"Directly referencing an instance in a Web-to-Lead or other form: Wherever possible, salesforce.com will attempt to direct bookmarks and other direct references to a specific instance automatically to the new instance by inspecting the user’s cookie and login information. However, Web integrations such as Web-to-Lead, Web-to-Case, and the self-service portal that are hard-wired to a specific instance should instead be directed to www.salesforce.com."

NA1 Migration FAQ's from the Customer Self-Service window:
"7. Do my Web to lead and case pages still work?
The redirect technology will direct Web to Case and Web to Lead to the correct database locations. If server instances have been hard coded such as http://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST" this will also be dealt with by the redirect. "
  • June 15, 2006
I created a custom object that will instantiated with various
metrics through the sforce API. My users will then be able to
craft their own report views on that data.

One of the fields is a related list (lookup) of Users (i.e.,
our Sales folks). Is there a way to update that field when
I'm creating the object through sforce? I'm storing the
salesforce user ID in database, but it doesn't appear I can
stick it anyway in the custom object (in a meaningful way
for report gen...)

I'm taking a look at WebLink to see if that's what I'm looking
for, but it seems to be hardcoded to existing (non-custom)
pages.

thanks, David
  • August 06, 2005
Hi,
We're a bunch of non-MS guys with one key old ASP web application (using IIS).
We'd like to invoke it from salesforce with the user's existing salesforce
login session.

Would somebody mind posting how that handshake takes place? My understanding
is that we need the SF_MSApi.dll for the sforce library. I think the bit we're
missing is how to do the equivalent of
binding.setHeader(new SforceServiceLocator()
.getServiceName()
.getNamespaceURI(),
"SessionHeader", sh);

//serverUrl is set from {!API_Enterprise_Server_URL_60}
binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, serverUrl);

thanks, David
  • August 02, 2005
Hi, I created an s-control that simply displays some account, contact and opportunity fields in a javascript alert:

alert("contact id: {!Contact_ID} \nacct id: {!Account_ID} \nopportunity id: {!Opportunity_ID} \nacctname: {!Account_Name} \nopportunity name: {!Opportunity_Name} \ndrivercount: {!Opportunity_NumberofDrivers}");

BUT, the Opportunity_ID is always empty. It appears to be that way whether I use the "convert lead" button in Leads or use convertLead() through the sforce6 API. In both cases, I am definitely selecting the "create opportunity" option.

Is there a concept or two that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
David
  • July 21, 2005
My favorite message from tomcat5...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Is anybody else seeing this? I assume I'm not releasing a resource somewhere
(from the soap handshake back to sforce).

thanks,
David
  • July 14, 2005
I want to create a custom object that identifies our domain-specific industry sectors.
When creating a Lead, the person would select one of the sectors from a lookup.
Underneath, using the Web Services API, we'd extract the code number (that the user
doesn't see).

Is this a legit use of custom objects? If anybody can point me to an example,
that would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to avoid using a generic picklist
and doing string matching on the back end in order to insert the right code in our
database.

Thanks,
David
  • June 22, 2005

I'm not an axis expert... but I tried switching to 1.2 so I could use java1.5(tiger).

Now my compiles are gag'ing on missing objects, primarily sobject/ID.java.

Also, I noticed _SessionHeader.java is now SessionHeader.java

I'm I missing an option I should be using with 1.2axis?  Never seen this behavior before.

Thanks, David

• June 03, 2005
I would like to reference individual documents by ID, rather than by name.
But names don't guarantee uniqueness and I'd rather not use folders to get
by that.

It looks like there are no IDs assigned to documents. Is that accurate?

thanks,
David
  • May 27, 2005

I tried the following, but get a MALFORMED_QUERY error:

qr = binding.query("select company, email, fax, firstName, lastName, street, city, state, phone, postalCode from Lead where Id = " + id);

The message claims that the string value inside "id" (which I obtain from the {!LEAD_ID} field in an web link) is an "unexpected token."  Would somebody straighten me out here?

Thanks ... and thanks for this awesome community service,

David

• May 17, 2005
I would like to do apex development in my developer's account.  I would like to export all of
my enterprise account custom fields and tables and load them into the developer's account.

Do I have to recreate the custom bits through the salesforce UI or is their a way to import
the WSDL into my developer's account?

Is there a big picture piece I'm just not picking up on ;}

thanks,
David
  • January 31, 2008
Wondering if anybody has dealt with this...  I've got threw getting rid of sforce calls to see if I can reduce this down to a single culprit.  Thanks, David

an error has occurred: {faultcode ... 'Attribute "xmlns" bound to namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" was already specified for element "query".',}
Connecting to server: /services/Soap/u/8.0
<se:Envelope xmlns:se="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><se:Header xmlns:sfns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"><sfns:SessionHeader><sessionId>u7ipFzROtCs4S_mHThAKfWE_pHzlSgfW31DL0hcSQEVEmbW16AMp_vIlQtoQ_06UYOj4GTxuq4B.kD8LwzFdRq_LHUU=</sessionId></sfns:SessionHeader></se:Header><se:Body><query xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:ns1="sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns="" xmlns=""><queryString>Select Name,Id from Lead where Id = '00Q4000000EB0l3'</queryString></query></se:Body></se:Envelope>
  • February 16, 2007
hello.

i've had several requests lately for scontrols which do queries and updates to many objects. for example, i query all open opportunities, iterate and query their products, do some product line item calculations, then update the individual opportunities.

when these apps were first proposed to me, i suggested writing each as a standalone app that is set to run at an appropriate interval. i'm concerned with browser time-out, etc, as these scontrols take some time to run. however the people that propose the work would rather avoid the task of deploying and configuring the code...

so i'm looking for other opinions. how do you typically handle these requests. should i just set up my own (hosted) machine where i deploy all of these apps so that the clients don't have to worry about them? (plus i'll always have access to the code in case updates are required.) or - what is the limit of what you'll do in an scontrol (i know there is no concrete answer for this.)

thanks for your time
  • August 28, 2005
Hi,
We're a bunch of non-MS guys with one key old ASP web application (using IIS).
We'd like to invoke it from salesforce with the user's existing salesforce
login session.

Would somebody mind posting how that handshake takes place? My understanding
is that we need the SF_MSApi.dll for the sforce library. I think the bit we're
missing is how to do the equivalent of
binding.setHeader(new SforceServiceLocator()
.getServiceName()
.getNamespaceURI(),
"SessionHeader", sh);

//serverUrl is set from {!API_Enterprise_Server_URL_60}
binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, serverUrl);

thanks, David
  • August 02, 2005

If you ever had any question regarding how to build S-Controls check out this blog post

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2005/07/ajax_toolkit.html

Message Edited by DevAngel on 07-30-2005 09:42 AM

Hi, I created an s-control that simply displays some account, contact and opportunity fields in a javascript alert:

alert("contact id: {!Contact_ID} \nacct id: {!Account_ID} \nopportunity id: {!Opportunity_ID} \nacctname: {!Account_Name} \nopportunity name: {!Opportunity_Name} \ndrivercount: {!Opportunity_NumberofDrivers}");

BUT, the Opportunity_ID is always empty. It appears to be that way whether I use the "convert lead" button in Leads or use convertLead() through the sforce6 API. In both cases, I am definitely selecting the "create opportunity" option.

Is there a concept or two that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
David
  • July 21, 2005
What is the use of File attachment with s-custom controls
  • July 18, 2005
My favorite message from tomcat5...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Is anybody else seeing this? I assume I'm not releasing a resource somewhere
(from the soap handshake back to sforce).

thanks,
David
  • July 14, 2005

I'm not an axis expert... but I tried switching to 1.2 so I could use java1.5(tiger).

Now my compiles are gag'ing on missing objects, primarily sobject/ID.java.

Also, I noticed _SessionHeader.java is now SessionHeader.java

I'm I missing an option I should be using with 1.2axis?  Never seen this behavior before.

Thanks, David

• June 03, 2005
I would like to reference individual documents by ID, rather than by name.
But names don't guarantee uniqueness and I'd rather not use folders to get
by that.

It looks like there are no IDs assigned to documents. Is that accurate?

thanks,
David
  • May 27, 2005

I tried the following, but get a MALFORMED_QUERY error:

qr = binding.query("select company, email, fax, firstName, lastName, street, city, state, phone, postalCode from Lead where Id = " + id);

The message claims that the string value inside "id" (which I obtain from the {!LEAD_ID} field in an web link) is an "unexpected token."  Would somebody straighten me out here?

Thanks ... and thanks for this awesome community service,

David

• May 17, 2005
Hi

I have created a custom boolean field in my Solutions. When I try to run a query that includes this field, I get an error:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.enterprise.sobject.Solution - TopSolution__c

I have generated a new WSDL file and recompiled. I have looked in the source code to verify that the custom field has indeed shown up.

Here is the query I am using (jSP):

QueryResult qr = sforceLogin.getBindingStub().query("select solutionname, solutionnumber, TopSolution__c from solution where solutionnumber = '00000012'");

Any Ideas??