• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

This is probably a really noob question, but I'm just getting my head around things.

I have created a formula field called DaysSinceLastActivity, which does this:

ROUND(TODAY()-LastActivityDate, 0)

This returns an integer number for days between today and the LastActivityDate. 

The problem I am having is that if my guys put in reminders - activities to contact a lead at a particular point in the future, my "DaysSince" field starts returning a negative number: it subtracts (Activity Due Date) from (Today). 

Is there a way to get this formula to ignore future dates altogether, and roll with LastActivityDate's that are in the past only? 

I thought about having it return 0 if the number is negative, but that is basically wrong too.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

• August 05, 2009

Hi All,

This is probably a really noob question, but I'm just getting my head around things.

The problem I am having is that if my guys put in reminders - activities to contact a lead at a particular point in the future, my "DaysSince" field starts returning a negative number: it subtracts (Activity Due Date) from (Today). 

Is there a way to get this formula to ignore future dates altogether, and roll with LastActivityDate's that are in the past only? 

I thought about having it return 0 if the number is negative, but that is basically wrong too.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

• August 05, 2009

Hi All,

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

• August 05, 2009

Hi All,

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

• August 05, 2009

This is slightly more complex than the subject, however I hope that this helps a few of you may be having problems with the Add and Send feature integration with Outlook 2007

When Edition 3 was first installed and I used the Send and Add button for a new e-mail the SF dialog appeared and the contact was chosen.  After clicking on Add to SalesForce SF opens to the completed task as it should.  The e-mail however was NOT sent.  It was retained in the Drafts folder of Outlook and never sends unless you open it and click on the Outlook Send button.

This is a known bug and SF support had a work around.  In your Outlook E-mail settings make sure that Send Immediately is checked.  (It appears you have to restart Outlook for the fix to take) This still sends the e-mail initially to the Drafts folder and within 10 or 15 seconds sends the e-mail and the e-mail is transferred to the Sent folder. Why the drafts folder is a mystery!

If however you go one step further and Choose the Related To tab with Send and Add and choose an object (in this case an account) to relate the e-mail to and then click on add to SalesForce the e-mail is sent immediately without ending up the drafts folder.

I'm sure SF would appreciate any additional comments on this bug.

Regards,

AGMNS

• July 31, 2007
Same error msg when doing mail merge:

Exception: CMMHost::GenMailMerge:Exception
Object variable or With block variable not set

sf outlook edition version: 3.1.0.0
MS office version: 2007
sf office edition: 1.3.2.2 

Any suggestion?
  • April 02, 2007
Hello All,

I'm trying to do a simple mailmerge using a template that worked in office 2003. After upgrading to 2007 I receive the following error message:

Exception:CMMHost::GenMailMerge:Exception Object variable or With block variable not set

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
  • February 06, 2007