• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Are there sharing rules specifically for contacts, like there are for accounts and leads?

I've noticed that contacts can be shared using an account sharing rule, but only if the contacts are tied to a particular account.  What if the contact is not associated with an account?  Is it possible to share that contact?

Thank you

• April 18, 2005

I have a customer that has several sales reps that belong to multiple divisions. He has asked me to keep track of sales made by salesrep by division on a set of data that we replicate. The issue I have is that this salesreps move around from division to division. Is there anyway to know when you are querying leads or contacts what division did the salesrep work for at the time, a lead o a contact was created? Other than from having to keep a table with historical dates  of where a salesrep was working when?

Thanks.

Ron's brilliant (and now famous) bi-directional Excel add-in for updating and managing sforce data has been ported to the Office toolkit, and is now available for download at http://sforce.sf.net. Among other things, this means it now supports custom objects and Product2.

Thanks Ron!

Message Edited by adamg on 07-27-2004 09:38 AM

• July 27, 2004