• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

This problem started after the Spring Release.

The user successfully logs into Salesforce.com via Outlook without a problem. Then, the user will be navigating around in Salesforce.com and click on a link.

A new window opens up telling them they have been logged out of Salesforce.com and prompts them to put in their username/password. After they do so, it continues to tell them it is invalid.

It can't be an invalid username/password/security token issue since they were able to get into Salesforce.com the first time without a problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
Eric

Hi All,

I created a web tab which references an S-Control. Below is the code:

{!CASE(User.Username,"name1@company.com", https://na1.salesforce.com/01N30000000CxNq,"name2@company.com", https://na1.salesforce.com/01N30000000CzZ0)}

The idea being if you are person 1 and you click on the web tab, you will see one s-control, and if you are person 2 and click on the web tab, you will see a different s-control.

While the logic is correct, instead of Salesforce.com actually displaying the s-control I want it the user to see, it simply shows the user the link the s-control I want the user to see.

What needs to be done in order to have the user see the s-control rather than seeing a link to the s-control?

Thanks,
Eric

Hi All,

I created a web tab which references an S-Control. Below is the code:

{!CASE(User.Username,"name1@company.com", https://na1.salesforce.com/01N30000000CxNq,"name2@company.com", https://na1.salesforce.com/01N30000000CzZ0)}

The idea being if you are person 1 and you click on the web tab, you will see one s-control, and if you are person 2 and click on the web tab, you will see a different s-control.

While the logic is correct, instead of Salesforce.com actually displaying the s-control I want it the user to see, it simply shows the user the link the s-control I want the use to see.

What needs to be done in order to have the user see the s-control rather than seeing a link to the s-control?

Thanks,
Eric

Hi folks,

I know nothing about formulas, but am trying to learn on the fly.  I've run into a situation where I want to send an email alert to the account owner whenever a new contact is added to an account by someone other than the account owner.  For instance, one of our project managers might meet someone from Company X at a conference and enter their info into Salesforce.  I want the account owner to be "pinged" when this occurs so that they know new relationships that have been established.

The problem seems to be that there is no way (without using formulas) to prevent email alerts from going to the account owner when they enter new contacts into their own account.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this dilemna?  Many thanks in advance!

-Greg

I'm new to this & hopefully somebody can help me.  I'm trying to write a formula to trigger an email reminder when an opportunity reaches a certain stage & then has been in that stage for over 60 days.  Have any of you written formulas like this before?

• November 23, 2009

Recently some of my users started getting messages when opening MS Word that the certificate for Connect for Office has expired. How do I get an updated certificate from Salesforce.com, Inc.? The only solution I have found so far is to uninstall and re-install the Connect for Office, hoping there is an easier way.

Thanks

I'm trying to build a formula field to calculate amounts.

Amount Due = Membership Fee - Payments

Amount Due & Membership Fee are in a custom object, Member.

Payments are in another custom object, Transaction.

How do I:

1. Access the Payments field

2. Sum up all payments in a given year and subtract those from the membership fee?

Most appreciated.

AF

• November 18, 2009

I am trying to figure out how to write a lead assignment rule so that all leads that come in from a Web-to-Lead form automatically get assigned to a Lead Queue (in my case Lead-Open Queue.)  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

cg

• November 13, 2009

I am trying to create a custom field that links to an attachment in salesforce.

I did this through a custom URL field but the address is extremely lengthy.  Is there a way to create a hyperlink "click here"?

Thanks, 

I know that this issue has been addressed in a couple threads in a couple different ways.... but:

I just installed Connect for the first time.  I have no Salesforce toolbar or buttons.  I have restarted Outlook and my system since installation.   Anyone have a solution for getting Outlook to recognize these buttons for the first time?

Thanks much

• October 08, 2009
I am new to Salesforce and am trying to create a button so I can record a customers website address on the contact form, but I cannot figure out how to do it, even by reading the help instructions :-(

Here is the dilemma - I want the stage on the opportunity to update to a status when I change the owner of an account. I've tried everything I can think of with workflow, and no success.

I've found that even if I build a round-about workflow, when you change ownership at the account level, it apparently isn't "editing" the opportunity, even though it shows you modifying it, and no workflow will trigger on the opportunity.

I've tried using "ISCHANGED" with "every time a record is created or edited", and that doesn't work either. The error says: "The ISCHANGED function cannot reference the Account.OwnerId field." It says this when I'm trying to reference that field from an opportunity based workflow.

Any suggestions? Am I missing anything?

I've added 2 custom picklists to the Opportunities page. One of the picklists is a standard picklist with static values, and the other is a dependent picklist whose content is based on the value of the selected item in the the first picklist.

I need to find a way to force the user to select all of the items that are presented in the dependent picklist.

Can this be done with validation rules, or would it require a custom S-control or a trigger?

A user deleted a couple buttons from the Outlook tool bar using the Outlook Customize Toolbar options and now the buttons on the new message - Send and Add to Salesforce and the Salesforce Address book - are both gone, gone, gone for good.

Anyone have tips? Did the unistall - re-install, nope. Other toolbar options seems to have issues, too. Sometimes quitting Outlook brings him errors.

The Send and Add and the  Address book are actually two buttons that this user wants most. Thanks.

• August 26, 2009
How do I sync contacts from Outlook to contacts in Salesforce? I keep trying but the contacts in outlook do not show up in Salesforce.  I cannot mark as sync either because an error comes up.
I had a remote user install Connect for Outlook, and we are on Citrix, but for some reason the Salesforce Options are not showing under the Tools in Outlook. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks.
is there a place i can find a definitive set of xml attributes for the o_dictionary.xml?  i have been searching for hours and cannot find one.  i can find the registry settings, but even that list isn't complete compared to what consultants are giving a partner of mine.

I need to improve the quality of our data.  A lot of our reps are creating and completing activities without relating it to the proper record.  Is there an easy way to calculate a formula that divides the number of those describes activities with the total count.

Number of Unrelated Activities marked as closed/Total number of Completed.

Thanks

• July 09, 2009

Hi, I've just installed connect outlook, but when i restart the computer, i see the button synchronise, i push, and its not working, I get the message "connexion to salesforce failed"

thanks for your help

Hi All,

This problem started after the Spring Release.

The user successfully logs into Salesforce.com via Outlook without a problem. Then, the user will be navigating around in Salesforce.com and click on a link.

A new window opens up telling them they have been logged out of Salesforce.com and prompts them to put in their username/password. After they do so, it continues to tell them it is invalid.

It can't be an invalid username/password/security token issue since they were able to get into Salesforce.com the first time without a problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
Eric

Whenever a new lead is entered, I want to see new tasks being created automatically and assigned to the lead owner. How can I do this in the Professional Edition?

Thanks.