• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Not sure if this is development related but I am trying to work with the formula fields. I have the formulas working but they seem very inefficient. I have also hit the limiation on the formula length (1000 chars)

I am trying to determine 2 field automaticaly based on the country and state input. This way we can determine regional values with out data integrity concerns and adjust as needed with out much effort.

Any sugestions on how to improve this approach would be very welcome.. thanks ! \

Currnet Formula:

IF( OR((ISPICKVAL({!Country__c}, "USA")),(ISPICKVAL({!Country__c}, "US"))),
IF( OR ({!State__c}="MI",{!State__c}="WI",{!State__c}="IL",{!State__c}="OH",{!State__c}="IN",{!State__c}="KY"
,{!State__c}="KS",{!State__c}="IA",{!State__c}="MN"),
"Americas Great Lakes",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="CA",{!State__c}="OR",{!State__c}="WA",{!State__c}="NV",{!State__c}="AZ",{!State__c}="ID"
,{!State__c}="UT",{!State__c}="WY",{!State__c}="MT",{!State__c}="AR",{!State__c}="HI",{!State__c}="CO",{!State__c}="AK"),
"Americas Western",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="NY",{!State__c}="MA",{!State__c}="PA",{!State__c}="CN",{!State__c}="NH",{!State__c}="VA"
,{!State__c}="MD",{!State__c}="ME",{!State__c}="DE"),
"Americas Eastern",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="TX",{!State__c}="NE",{!State__c}="GA",{!State__c}="MS",{!State__c}="FL",{!State__c}="AR",
{!State__c}="AL",{!State__c}="LA"),
"Americas Southern",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="NC",{!State__c}="SC",{!State__c}="VA"),
"Americas Mid Atlantic","USA")
)))),"International"
)

Message Edited by tan on 01-12-2006 02:59 PM

• January 12, 2006
Would I need to use an scontrol to create an Opportunity from the account page layout screen?

I want to have a 1 click option to create a renewal opoportunity based on details in teh account record. I was not sure if I could do this with just a web link or need to use an scontrol.

Any chance someone would have an example they could post?

Thanks
  • October 31, 2005
Is there a way to provide an RSS component or content on a Home Page layout?

We would like to be able to include an RSS stream of data to various home page layouts byt user profile.

Thanks
  • September 08, 2005
Where is the link to the data loader? Was this release over the weekend?

Thanks
  • June 13, 2005
Was LDAP and SSO included in the sforce 6 release?
  • June 13, 2005
Is it possible to change all the email signatures for our users? I can not find if and where the data for these is stored. We would like to have a standard sig for the company but it is not possible to standardize if everyone has to update individually.

Thanks
  • April 27, 2005
Hi all,

I was working with some data import and migration and I am a bit confused by the Account ID value. What are the characteristics of the field? It seems to be a 15 character field but some of my queries return the same results for an 18 character field length matching a 15 character search string. It seems to add 3 characters to the end of the field.

The application front end seems to accept either the 15 or the 18 character account id field in the url to find the same data record.

Any insight?

Thanks
  • April 06, 2005
Is it possible to do a look up for Account ID by name when working with contacts? This would be the same as using Account Owner Name instead of Account Owner ID when working with accounts.

Thanks
  • March 28, 2005
Not sure if this is development related but I am trying to work with the formula fields. I have the formulas working but they seem very inefficient. I have also hit the limiation on the formula length (1000 chars)

I am trying to determine 2 field automaticaly based on the country and state input. This way we can determine regional values with out data integrity concerns and adjust as needed with out much effort.

Any sugestions on how to improve this approach would be very welcome.. thanks ! \

Currnet Formula:

IF( OR((ISPICKVAL({!Country__c}, "USA")),(ISPICKVAL({!Country__c}, "US"))),
IF( OR ({!State__c}="MI",{!State__c}="WI",{!State__c}="IL",{!State__c}="OH",{!State__c}="IN",{!State__c}="KY"
,{!State__c}="KS",{!State__c}="IA",{!State__c}="MN"),
"Americas Great Lakes",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="CA",{!State__c}="OR",{!State__c}="WA",{!State__c}="NV",{!State__c}="AZ",{!State__c}="ID"
,{!State__c}="UT",{!State__c}="WY",{!State__c}="MT",{!State__c}="AR",{!State__c}="HI",{!State__c}="CO",{!State__c}="AK"),
"Americas Western",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="NY",{!State__c}="MA",{!State__c}="PA",{!State__c}="CN",{!State__c}="NH",{!State__c}="VA"
,{!State__c}="MD",{!State__c}="ME",{!State__c}="DE"),
"Americas Eastern",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="TX",{!State__c}="NE",{!State__c}="GA",{!State__c}="MS",{!State__c}="FL",{!State__c}="AR",
{!State__c}="AL",{!State__c}="LA"),
"Americas Southern",
IF( OR ({!State__c}="NC",{!State__c}="SC",{!State__c}="VA"),
"Americas Mid Atlantic","USA")
)))),"International"
)

Message Edited by tan on 01-12-2006 02:59 PM

• January 12, 2006
Would I need to use an scontrol to create an Opportunity from the account page layout screen?

I want to have a 1 click option to create a renewal opoportunity based on details in teh account record. I was not sure if I could do this with just a web link or need to use an scontrol.

Any chance someone would have an example they could post?

Thanks
  • October 31, 2005
Has anyone built a component for RSS feeds?  I'd like to create a home page side bar news reader for industry news from one of our industry sites but can't seem to locate any details on the how's of creating it.
Is it possible to do a look up for Account ID by name when working with contacts? This would be the same as using Account Owner Name instead of Account Owner ID when working with accounts.

Thanks
  • March 28, 2005

Is there any way to have vb automatically login to salesforce. Im trying to create a query that runs every night to query data from salesforce.

Thanks

• March 21, 2005
http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/downloads.htm

I got excited at the recent user group after talking with some of the folks using the connector to get day to day chores done quickly, so i went home and worked out a new feature.

One comment that came up was that inserting records one by one required you to watch over the process as one bad record would stop the bulk load.

After clarifying with Benji and Adam how the create() call works in the office toolkit i was able to refactor my create() code to easily pass a batch of rows to create(), then pick up the return values (id or fail msg) directly from the array which was constructed and passed in to create().

The user interface available within excel for delivering these messages required a bit of creativity, I used the "comment" object on the cells which contain the row which failed to insert. The msg is taken directly from the SObject returned by the toolkit.

The result is that one or several failed create calls will not stop the batch from proceeding. If there are failed create()'s then i message the user at the end of the operation, leaving "new" in the rows which failed, writing the object ID's where we got a successful record inserted.

fixed one other bug with nul group names, also fixed some references to custom objects which were passed into ref_id() and overwritten by a nul string.

The user groups are cool, check them out if you are able.