• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi folks,

My client wants to send efax within salesforce.com's interface. I know some efax services providers. But none of them provide sales force integration. Does any one know a efax servise provides SF.com integration? does SF.com provide this service?

thanks.
Hi folks,

i tried to query sforce db via the web service. I got the following error message. My code is a simple demo example. there shoudln't be anything wrong with the query (C# code is pended after the error message). I appricate if any of you can help me resolve this problem and getting some returns from the sforce db.

***********************************************************************************
The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at .
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at .

Source Error:

Line 304: [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("result")]
Line 305: public QueryResult query(string queryString) {
Line 306: object[] results = this.Invoke("query", new object[] {
Line 307: queryString});
Line 308: return ((QueryResult)(results[0]));

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\web references\sforce\reference.cs Line: 306

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at .]
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read20_sObject(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) +2463
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read89_QueryResult(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) +601
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read142_queryResponse() +308

[InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (8, 6).]
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
PerformLocal.sforce.SforceService.query(String queryString) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\web references\sforce\reference.cs:306
PerformLocal.ConvertExecutiveNames.contactQuery() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\convertexecutivenames.aspx.cs:213
PerformLocal.ConvertExecutiveNames.testQuery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\convertexecutivenames.aspx.cs:246
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
*****************************************************************************************

private void contactQuery() {
sforce.SforceService binding = new sforce.SforceService();
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();

try {
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = UserSession.GetUserSession().SessionID;
binding.Url = UserSession.GetUserSession().ServerAddress;
}
catch (Exception ex) {
ErrorHandler handler = new ErrorHandler();
handler.HandleException(ex);
}

// Set the query options (Optional; default batch size is 2000)
binding.QueryOptionsValue = new sforce.QueryOptions();
binding.QueryOptionsValue.batchSize = 10;
binding.QueryOptionsValue.batchSizeSpecified = true;

// Invoke the query call and save the result in a QueryResult

sforce.QueryResult qr = binding.query("select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, Industry from Account");

// Get the returned records
sforce.sObject[] records = qr.records;

// Determine whether some records where returned
if (records.Length > 0) {
bool done = false; // Use this for loop control
while (!done) {
for (int i=0; i sforce.Contact contact = (sforce.Contact)records[i];
message.Text = (contact.FirstName + " " +
contact.LastName);
}
// Update the loop control
done = qr.done;
// Determine whether we need to retrieve another batch of result records
if (done == false) {
qr = binding.queryMore(qr.queryLocator);
records = qr.records;
}
else {
done = qr.done;
}

}
}
else {
System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("no records matched criteria");
}
}
I have a weird problem with session.

I use a web link to open a ASP.NET web application in a IFrame (instead of openning a new window). there are two aspx pages A and B. A is used to do authentication and create a user session once the user is authenticated. After that A will use Response.Redirect(B), to redirect to page B.

The problem is. the session variable is lost when I do redirect from A to B. as a result the user is never authenticated on B. I know the ASP .NET application works because I tested it in a separate IE window and it is fine.

What seems to be the problem here? I think it has something to do with IFrame.
I wrote a .NET application. Now I want this application to be accessible through Salesforce. For example add a weblink pointing to the application. I am trying to simulating single sign on so that users don't have to sign in again with the .NET application. And .NET application authenticats the user based on her salesforce user name and password.

I searched this board and concluded I will not be able to get the password from salesforce through API or salesforce UI. (If I am wrong here please let me know). So my question is:

1. if i store user name and password of salesforce.com in a custom field in salesforce. how do i get the password syncronized when someone changes the password. is it possible without the aid of an other program?

2. once i signin at salesforce.com's web UI, I assume I abtain a session id from the server. is there a way to access this session id and pass it to the .NET application? and can the .NET application use it to access sforce web services?

Thanks.

Message Edited by iliveinhope on 04-01-2005 12:17 PM

I was reading salesforce.com's documentation. It is great that I can create custom fields to store data. My question is can custom fields or any other features in salesforce.com support many to many relationship. this is what i am trying to do. I want to have checkboxes to represent categories of a product. the problems is the product can belong to more than one category, meaning more than one checkbox can be checked at the one time. well right now i think i can just add a X amount of custom fields say Category1, Category2...CategoryX into a section. but is there any other ways to do this in salesforce?

Thanks for you help.
I have an interesting problem to solve. Any inputs are appreciated!

I am trying to integrate salesforce.com with other web services for example a credit card transaction web service. The goal is the users of the system will not need to log into another system to charge the credit card. I am not sure what salesforce.com is capable of. Is this possible at all?
Hi folks,

i tried to query sforce db via the web service. I got the following error message. My code is a simple demo example. there shoudln't be anything wrong with the query (C# code is pended after the error message). I appricate if any of you can help me resolve this problem and getting some returns from the sforce db.

***********************************************************************************
The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at .
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at .

Source Error:

Line 304: [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("result")]
Line 305: public QueryResult query(string queryString) {
Line 306: object[] results = this.Invoke("query", new object[] {
Line 307: queryString});
Line 308: return ((QueryResult)(results[0]));

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\web references\sforce\reference.cs Line: 306

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at .]
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read20_sObject(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) +2463
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read89_QueryResult(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) +601
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read142_queryResponse() +308

[InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (8, 6).]
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
PerformLocal.sforce.SforceService.query(String queryString) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\web references\sforce\reference.cs:306
PerformLocal.ConvertExecutiveNames.contactQuery() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\convertexecutivenames.aspx.cs:213
PerformLocal.ConvertExecutiveNames.testQuery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\performlocal\convertexecutivenames.aspx.cs:246
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
*****************************************************************************************

private void contactQuery() {
sforce.SforceService binding = new sforce.SforceService();
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();

try {
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = UserSession.GetUserSession().SessionID;
binding.Url = UserSession.GetUserSession().ServerAddress;
}
catch (Exception ex) {
ErrorHandler handler = new ErrorHandler();
handler.HandleException(ex);
}

// Set the query options (Optional; default batch size is 2000)
binding.QueryOptionsValue = new sforce.QueryOptions();
binding.QueryOptionsValue.batchSize = 10;
binding.QueryOptionsValue.batchSizeSpecified = true;

// Invoke the query call and save the result in a QueryResult

sforce.QueryResult qr = binding.query("select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, Industry from Account");

// Get the returned records
sforce.sObject[] records = qr.records;

// Determine whether some records where returned
if (records.Length > 0) {
bool done = false; // Use this for loop control
while (!done) {
for (int i=0; i sforce.Contact contact = (sforce.Contact)records[i];
message.Text = (contact.FirstName + " " +
contact.LastName);
}
// Update the loop control
done = qr.done;