• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have had a .Net interface application running for some months and now suddenly the last three days, I get an error 'jave heap space' from this piece of code (and other places):

Try

Dim qr As sForce.QueryResult = sf.query( _

"select " & sfAccountFields & " from Account " & _

"where BackOfficeId__c = '" & Trim(strBackOfficeId) & "' and " & _

"SSU__c = '" & strSSU & "'")

If (qr.size = 0) Then Return Nothing

If (qr.size > 1) Then

LogError("Warning: Multiple Accounts with BackofficeId " & Trim(strBackOfficeId))

End If

Return CType(qr.records(0), sForce.Account)

Catch ex As Exception

LogError("GetAccount: Failed to retrieve BackOfficeId: " & strBackOfficeId)

LogError("Error message: " & ex.Message & vbCrLf)

End Try

Any ideas?

Regards,

Per

• May 25, 2006
I'm working on an integration project and is experimenting using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) from SQLServer 2005 for that. When I try to include the salesforce.com WSDL file I get the error:

"This version of the Web Services Description Lanuguage (WSDL) is not supported."

Obviously it might be a problem in SSIS or my usage of SSIS, but I thought that maybe some you may have some ideas?

Best regards,
Per Geert Nielsen
  • December 13, 2005
I'm using AJAX to create a sControl on which form there is a date input field. Is there a way to invoke the standard sfdc date-picker?
Thanks,
per
  • October 14, 2005
I'm writing some sControls where I want the various (error) messages to be displayed in the user's language. However, I haven't been able to find out where I can get the user language settings. Looking at the user object fields there is nothing obvious, so I might have to retrieve the user object to get the information?
Thanks,
Per
  • October 07, 2005

I have created a link on the Home page to a report for easy access, e.g. https://na1.salesforce.com/000111222333444. I would like to open the report in the salesforce window w/o sidebars just as if the users had executed the report the standard way. However, doing so repeats the tabs etc. and basically I now have two instances running.

I remember somewhere I saw a posting about this but haven't been able to find it again and cannot remember what the resolution (if any) was.

Best regards,
Per

• September 29, 2005

I'm new to this so it's probably a simple question for which I havn't been able to find a solution.

I'm using AJAX building a scontrol which changes the record type of the account record. Once completed I wan to reload the account form (which obviously is another form wince the record type was changed). I'v tried various forms of windows.parent.locationhref = refUrl where retUrl = "www.salesforce.com/{!Account_ID}" or {!Account_link}. It works ok except that a new window is created but I want to reload the existing form.

Sure, I'm now expert in JS

Best regards,
Per

• September 27, 2005

I am new to this, so excuse my ignorance. However, what would be the way to validate a field, e.g. that a valid US state code is entered in the billing address state field, and if not, give the user an error message?

Rgds,
Per

• April 28, 2005

I have a user setup in EST time zone. However, when the user id creates a new event, the default time does not seem to take day-light savings time into consideration, i.e. creating a new event on 4/26/05 at 10PM gives the default time of 9PM.

Regards,
Per

• April 27, 2005

When creating a new account I want the billing address to be required. Using the standard customization that does not seem to be possible. So, any ideas?

Regards,
Per

• April 27, 2005
I have had a .Net interface application running for some months and now suddenly the last three days, I get an error 'jave heap space' from this piece of code (and other places):

Try

Dim qr As sForce.QueryResult = sf.query( _

"select " & sfAccountFields & " from Account " & _

"where BackOfficeId__c = '" & Trim(strBackOfficeId) & "' and " & _

"SSU__c = '" & strSSU & "'")

If (qr.size = 0) Then Return Nothing

If (qr.size > 1) Then

LogError("Warning: Multiple Accounts with BackofficeId " & Trim(strBackOfficeId))

End If

Return CType(qr.records(0), sForce.Account)

Catch ex As Exception

LogError("GetAccount: Failed to retrieve BackOfficeId: " & strBackOfficeId)

LogError("Error message: " & ex.Message & vbCrLf)

End Try

Any ideas?

Regards,

Per

• May 25, 2006
I did good progress exchanging data via Soap with sforce.

I noticed that it is not possible to overwrite the contact's LastModifiedDate when I try to update the record.

I basically want the LastModifiedDate to be the date that I updated the contact's record in our system which is different than last updated date in sforce so that sforce is in sync with ours.

Is this a limitation with sforce ? Did anyone else try doing this ?

My sql is quite simple: UPDATE contact set LastModifiedDate=2005-12-16 09:50:23 WHERE Id=2344

Zareh
  • December 16, 2005

I have a user setup in EST time zone. However, when the user id creates a new event, the default time does not seem to take day-light savings time into consideration, i.e. creating a new event on 4/26/05 at 10PM gives the default time of 9PM.

Regards,
Per

• April 27, 2005