• Senior Consultant
  • Appirio

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I remember reading somewhere that each object has a number, as does each field.  I am needing to use these in an s-control that I am trying to create.  I already have been able to find a few of these by copying them from another s-control written by someone else (e.g. 006 for the opportunity object and opp6 for the lead source in this object.)  Can anyone tell me the best way to find out the numbers for all objects/fields?
  • August 26, 2006
We have a nightly process in place that extract data from a legacy system and imports it to Salesforce.com accounts and contacts. Program is written in Java.

Last night, we received the following message when it ran (nothing changed on our end):

getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
getting 2000 Accounts
Error getting Accounts from salesforce: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Whitespac
e req
Global attempt #1 failed.
; nested exception is:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Whitespace required before attributes.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • November 17, 2005
I remember reading somewhere that each object has a number, as does each field.  I am needing to use these in an s-control that I am trying to create.  I already have been able to find a few of these by copying them from another s-control written by someone else (e.g. 006 for the opportunity object and opp6 for the lead source in this object.)  Can anyone tell me the best way to find out the numbers for all objects/fields?
  • August 26, 2006
If I create a new AccountShare object on a an account for a user that already exists with sharing on that account it seems that the original share is removed.

In the case that I'm working on the share that I'm "Cloning" has a lower level of access than the current share and is therefore removing access rights from the exisint user.

Is this by design? 

Will a new share for an existing user always UpSert an existing share?

Can this be changed?

GlennW

Occassionally, salesforce.com isn't reachable to our partner portal, usually during salesforce's scheduled maintenance periods which typically occur around 10-11 pm pacific time.

When this happens, users who attempt to login to the portal get an error like this:

*                       ; nested exception is: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: Timeout waiting for connection

This seems acceptable while salesforce.com is in fact unreachable, but we've found that our portal continues to return this error sometimes for several hours.  In effect, the portal is "stuck" in this error state and the way we resolve this is to reload the application via the Tomcat admin console.  This exact scenario played out last night, as we received an e-mail from a user at 1:24 am reporting this error.  I tried logging in at about 8:15 am and reproduced the timeout error, so I was forced to reload the app to "clear" the the error.

Anyone else encountered this or have any idea how to resolve this?

• September 07, 2005