• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Although this is not strictly a question on using the API, I was hoping that somebody could help me with this problem. I'm trying to install the necessary modules for the example Perl portal that's mentioned in this example file:

http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#Perl

I've downloaded the modules from CPAN and attempted to install them. I thought I'd post something here as well as on other resources to try and get this working. I am presuming that at least one developer here has gone through the process before me, and any useful resources or instructions on how to install the modules would be appreciated.
  • July 31, 2005

My Org has many formula fields in Opportunity and Other fields. Getting inside each and every formula field to look into their formula is time consuming.

is there any way I could see all the formula fields with their formula in a single page . Please advice. thanks in advance.

I have an s-control which invokes the API using Javascript and the AJAX Toolkit v11. My code is able to create Events, and I'm stuck now trying to create such Events to include multiple attendees.

The following code snippet does NOT work:

var TestAttendee = new sforce.SObject("EventAttendee")
TestAttendee.AttendeeId = "00570000000mZcp" //this is a valid User ID
TestAttendee.EventId = "00U70000006J7oq" //this is a valid existing Event ID
var result = sforce.connection.create([TestAttendee])
This returns the error "CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY". What am I missing?

Is EventAttendee createable? The API documentation does not list "create" as one of the available methods for this object type, however some of the EventAttendee fields say that they do support "create".

What about the Event.IsGroupEvent field? Do I need to set that to TRUE first, or does that happen automatically when attendees are added to that event? It doesn't seem like that field is updateable anyway, so I couldn't set it to TRUE if I wanted to.

Do the attendees need to be added during the initial creation of the event? How is that accomplished? I would assume you need the event first, in order to pass the EventID to the EventAttendee object, but perhaps I'm wrong?

Please help.

P.S. Salesforce Premier Support says that it IS possible to add EventAttendees via the API, but they won't tell me how and instead told me to buy Professional Services...

I am trying to import users from sforce into the application I am trying to ingrate with. Is there an easy way to get the user security profile? I don’t want to query every user at a time for its profile. Then again, I will get an Id of the profile which can lead me to the profile Name and the codes. I couldn’t find how they are mapped to the title, example System administrator is PT1 but couldn’t find documentation for this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is there something similar to the "retrieve" call in the AJAX tool kit? I am working on a project that will get all the products tied to an opportunity and then take he product ID from the query return and get the product code for each product and build a string that will be added to the end of the opportunity name. I know that I am going to have to iterate through the result from the query and for each product ID get the details of that product so I can grab the product code. Will I need to perform another query for each product ID so I can get the product's details or is there a method in the toolkit similar to the retrieve API call. In looking at the documentation in Eclipse I wasn't able to find a method that would do this.