• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am unable to find the password rules for setting passwords. Apparently, they are different throught he API as compared to just directly resetting your password through the Salesforce Self-Service Portal. In other words, I need to programatically limit passwords when setting through the API because the portal interface has different rules/logic.

Thanks.
I'm am building a wrapper for the CSSP and would like to know the exact timeout (inactivity) for the CSSP. Other than doing a parse of the page I'm at a loss on how to maintain session between my wrapper session and the embedded iframe CSSP session. If the CSSP session times out before my wrapper session the iframe is loaded with the SF.com login page which is pretty tacky.

Any help welcome.

Thanks.

When setting password with setPassword(), why does it require certain criteria (i.e. I'm getting this error message: INVALID_NEW_PASSWORD: Your password must have a mix of letters and numbers), where in the SalesForce Self-Service portal password reset tool the password rules are not as particular?

If so, what are the minimum set of criteria for passwords so I can validate before submitting?

TIA
I'm trying to query the selfserviceuser object and am getting the following SOAP response:

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'SelfServiceUser' is not supported.

I've pulled down the latest 7.0 Enterprise WSDL and I have the SelfServiceUser object being brought down.

Here is the server the API is hitting:
https://eu0-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0

Here is my call:
Select Id,ContactId,Username From SelfServiceUser Where Email = '%EMAIL_ADDRESS%'

I've tried using the sforce explorer and am able to successfully run this query in it. Just not sure what is going on with my calls through API. As I've just run into this, I'll continue to resolve on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
I'm trying to get Visualforce enabled in my develop edition account.  I'm not clear on who to contact to request this, so I'm posting it here.  Sorry if this should be a direct-to-salesforce-email, but I imagine others are wondering the same thing.

The Force cookbook states:

Note:  As of September 2007, Visualforce is available as a Developer Preview only.

The product/functionality matrix on p.30 of the cookbook shows the "Visualforce Developer Preview" as being available to Developer Edition accounts.

I'm writing this post because it's not available in my dev. edition account, and I'm unsure how to get it enabled.   Neither the Setup > Build > Pages nor Setup > My Personal Information > Personal Information > Developer Mode options are available to me, so I assume it's the org itself that needs enabling.

Do I have to sign up for a new developer edition account?  That would be somewhat painful, as I have a fair amount of custom objects & Apex Code in my current dev. edition account that I want to use with Visualforce.
  • September 18, 2007
I am trying to create a Self Service Portal using ASP.Net/C# and Sales force API.

I want user to type in their Self Service UserID and Password  and I would like to verify that the Self service login credentials are valid. I can check the existence of Self Sefvice User and his status (Active or not). But I how will I check whether he used the right password? Is there a way to do this through API.

If thay have used, the right Self Service Userid and Password, I want them to use the custom portal, I have created.

• May 25, 2006
We are investigating deploying a revised login/registration authentication system that would instead authenticate against the SalesForce API.

However, there appear to be a number of possibilities, some better than others which are making the road map difficult.

These appears to be the possibilities, if one accepts we come from a limited .NET background:

1. Authenticate using 'delegated' authentication and encryption.

2. Some possibilities exist for leveraging the self-service portal to do the authentication....this seems more 'canned' and available?
However, it is not exactly clear how to achieve this.

3. Use something like DBAmp or DataScope to replicate data on our sql server. However, this poses two problems:

A. There is slight synchronization delay between the api server and our sforce account....thus, we would need double redundancy to replicate against the sql server and the api....phew.

B. There appears to be issues with something called 'open' connection to the SalesForce API....to mimimize delays the connection must remain open.

I have seen numerous posts relating to various ways to complete authentication on a company website using sforce as a backend.

However, they all seem problematic and clunky.

Is there any reason why canned applications have not been built by api developers for immediate deployment on a company website either in linux or windows flavors....It seems like a no brainer to me? 

Failing that, is there is a suggested road map by Salesforce on implementing a website authentication against 'contacts' inside the database.

Any ideas or feedback much appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

I am unable to find the password rules for setting passwords. Apparently, they are different throught he API as compared to just directly resetting your password through the Salesforce Self-Service Portal. In other words, I need to programatically limit passwords when setting through the API because the portal interface has different rules/logic.

Thanks.
We would like to build a .NET application very similar to the Email to Case application.  The reason we can not use the Email to Case application is b/c our mail host does not support IMAP and we have no java skills in our company. 
My questions are:
1) Has anyone done this?  Is it possible?
  1a)  If so, do you have any code to share?  We would consider paying for good example code.
2) We are currently a Sales Force Professional Edition customer.  We were told that in order to have access to the Sales Force APIs, we needed to upgrade our license.  Do we need the APIs in order to do this?

We are a new customer and are just getting rolling on all this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • April 12, 2006
I made this sforce.query() call...

m_queryArray = oSFDCQuery.ExecuteQuery("select Support_Code__c, Name, CreatedByID, CreatedDate, Amount__c, Asset_Typ__c from Asset_Activity_Log__C where AccountID__c = '00130000005CZLD' ", oLogin);

With the "CreatedDate" in the query receive the following error...

"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime." as my inner exception

The Full Stack trace is as follows....

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at SFDCLibrary.Sforce.SforceService.query(String queryString)

at SFDCLibrary.SFDCQuery.ExecuteQuery(String strQuery, cLogin oLogin)

at LicenceDetails.GetActivityLog() in s:\Projects\2005\AssetManager\LicenceDetails.aspx.cs:line 102

Now when i do not have "CreatedDate" everything works fine. And the query worked fine up until this morning when i made the following change. Thru SFDC setup i adjusted my custom object. I had  field i changed from numeric(7,0) to a text field.  I downloaded a new WSDL and deployed it.

Any ideas or suggestions to what i might have done wrong?

Hi, I need some help, how can I assign values to int or Double (currency) fields in a Contact.

The value that I'm trying to assign comes from a sql server column that is a nvarchar.

Line:

account.Activos = double.parse(rs["column"].toString());

Thanks..
  • April 06, 2006
I have added a custom field. It is a text field. Am I able to search on this field?
How can I do the following?

Dim qr As sforce.QueryResult = binding.query("Select Id, Name, AccountNumber from Account Where not AccountNumber = null") '<--AND Where AccountNumber = 1")

Is this possible?

I am looking to use our salesforce data base as our websites data base as well. I am hoping to use it so clients can log-in at our website, and then access other parts of the site. The log-in information would be saved on saleforce system, and the log-in page would check with salesforce to verify the log-in information is in there. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to handle this?

Thank you
I'm trying to query the selfserviceuser object and am getting the following SOAP response:

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'SelfServiceUser' is not supported.

I've pulled down the latest 7.0 Enterprise WSDL and I have the SelfServiceUser object being brought down.

Here is the server the API is hitting:
https://eu0-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0

Here is my call:
Select Id,ContactId,Username From SelfServiceUser Where Email = '%EMAIL_ADDRESS%'

I've tried using the sforce explorer and am able to successfully run this query in it. Just not sure what is going on with my calls through API. As I've just run into this, I'll continue to resolve on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
I'm new to using the Sforce API and I was wondering if someone knows of an example of implementing single sign-on for the self service portal. For my scenario, a user logs into our software, navigates to the portal page on our site which automatically logs them in to the self-service portal, and then the portal is displayed in an Iframe on our site.

I suppose I can do a HTTP form post to "https://ssl.salesforce.com/sserv/login.jsp" to login the self-service user but can this be done through the API instead?

I use C#

Thanks,
Jon
Is there any current development to expose lead queues as objects through the api? We were looking in to whether or not we can assign users to these queues (we know we cannot currently)...any word on this?

Thank you in advance.

-abe

Good Day!

I'm relatively new with regards to implementing security to Salesforce integration apps.

My problem is how not to display the message "Display non-secure items" when accessing my apps through custom links.

I've learned that to this one has to encrypt the pages, are there best practices on this? Or suggestions on how to do this exactly?

I'm using C#.net in my apps....

I would really appreciate any suggestions