• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi There, we have written a very basic HYPERLINK in Salesforce to open our softphone (www.counterpath.com) and call the contacts number it works fine except the pesky browser pop up that opens up behind our softphone.  We are tried all sorts of variations to our code to close the window automatically but with no success.

Our url is this

HYPERLINK("sip:"&""&Phone,"Call Home")

The browser pop up window behind our phone is blank and just as the text sip:<HomePhone> in the address bar and we are trying to get rid of the browser window as the url calls the phone open and dials perfectly.

Please help......:smileysad:

I am trying to copy the value of a lookup field i.e. Account Name into a custom object text formula field (or similar) so I can view the name of the account using the Tab View.  I cannot make the Account object a master relationship as the custom object already has a master relationship and the limitation with Salesforce is that any object can only have one master lookup relationship.

In short all we need to do is see the Account Name when viewing the custom object in a list using the Tab view then we can just use the link to open the record we do not need to open the account, just see the account name.

I really hope someone can help, many thanks.
Hi There, is there ANY was to change the value of a required field.  Our leads are not always related to an account yet the Account field is required and the tick box locked and we cannot change it.  Any suggestions? Many thanks
I am trying to copy the value of a lookup field i.e. Account Name into a custom object text formula field (or similar) so I can view the name of the account using the Tab View.  I cannot make the Account object a master relationship as the custom object already has a master relationship and the limitation with Salesforce is that any object can only have one master lookup relationship.

In short all we need to do is see the Account Name when viewing the custom object in a list using the Tab view then we can just use the link to open the record we do not need to open the account, just see the account name.

I really hope someone can help, many thanks.
Sorry in advance for the venting :smileymad:

Trying to create a simple workflow rule to trigger an email alert - Pretty simple right? 
Wrong!
AND(ISPICKVAL( Type__c , "Shipment"), Promise_Date__c > TODAY(), Promise_Date__c <> 2009/09/09)
Error: Incorrect parameter for function <>(). Expected Date, received Number

No matter what format I put for the date I get this stupid message "Expected Date, received Number"

I've tried:
2009-09-09
09-09-2009
2009/09/09
09/09/2009

So I surround the dates in quotes:

"09/09/2009"
'09/09/2009'

Guess what!
Error: Incorrect parameter for function <>(). Expected Date, received Text

Tried searching in the Help section
Dates, Date formats, date formats in formulas, etc.
No help at all!

Tried searching on all of the different Successforce boards
Guess what!  I'm the only person that has ever received this message because it doesn't exist anywhere on any of the sites!
I did find one reference to: Expected DateTime, received Number
But that was of no help because my issue is not with Date vs. DateTime

So back to subject of my message... Why is it so hard to find answers to simple questions...?

I'm praying that it was right under my nose all of the time but I was just too tired to see it.  But until then :smileymad:

Hi,

Please excuse but I am new to Sale Force.com.  My question is, I want to set up Web Link to be served up on Sales Force.com Account page.  I want the user that is logged into Sales Force.com to be able to click on the URL and their credentials (the credentials they used to log onto to Sales Force.com) will be redirected to the URL so the application can use the same credentials to validate the user, in  stead of the user having to login to the redirected site?  Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Elliott