• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have been using the PE connector successfully for some time and find that one specific custom field on the Opportunity object generates this error and cannot be updated. 

I have made sure there are no other fields in the database with this same field name and removed any formulas that refer to this field.

I'm on deadline to finish a data migration... HELP!??

Thanks VERY much in advance.
  • June 11, 2006
I have been using the connector successfully for some time and find that one specific custom field on the Opportunity object generates this error and cannot be updated. 

I have made sure there are no other fields in the database with this name and removed any formula fields that refer to this one.

I'm on deadline to finish a data migration... HELP!??

Thanks VERY much in advance.
  • June 10, 2006
We have had the same custom objects in production use for over 4 months but, starting 02/10/06, any user whose Profile did not include View All Data permission was suddenly unable to change the Owner on any custom object.

I have set custom object permissions to Read, Create, Edit & Delete for the user profile but no change. I cannot see any other place to change permissions/ sharing for custom objects.

This is causing a mission critical problem. Any advice is much appreciated!
  • February 23, 2006
We have a set of custom objects and some scontrols using AJAX that are used to create a set of new implementation tracking
records from a closed/ won Opportunity and then assign ownership of those new records to the right Implementation Director.

The scontrol has worked fine for months... up until 02/10/06 when we began receiving an error message indicating
"insufficient access rights on cross-referenced id" whenever the AJAX script tried to create a new record.

I have determine the cause but not the fix... When I run the scontrol under the SysAdmin role, it works fine. If I run the scontrol
under the normal but more restrictive Operations Coordinator role, it throws the error for all cases where the new Owner is different than the
logged in user.

I suspect there has been a recent change to the API re: validation of OwnerID. Can anyone confirm and/ or suggest a solution?

Here is the relevant portion of the AJAX script.

Thanks in advance for any clues - this is causing our client MAJOR headaches!

//## CREATING IMPLEMENTATION
var thisImplementationId;
document.write("
saving Implementation record");
var insertImplementationArray = new Array();
insertImplementationArray[0] = implementation;
var implementationSR = sforceClient.Create(insertImplementationArray);
//alert("saved imp..."+implementationSR.length);
//document.write("
STATUS - implementationSR: "+implementationSR.toString());
for (var sri=0;srivar oneSaveResult = implementationSR[sri];
if (oneSaveResult.success == true) {
thisImplementationId = oneSaveResult.id;
} else {
alert("Error while saving Implementation: " + oneSaveResult.errors[0].message);
}
}
  • February 16, 2006
Do current licensing terms allow the Office Edition VBA and/or DLL to be used in 3rd party apps that want to exchange data with SFDC orgs without going through the API?
  • January 19, 2006
We have had the same custom objects in production use for over 4 months but, starting 02/10/06, any user whose Profile did not include View All Data permission was suddenly unable to change the Owner on any custom object.

I have set custom object permissions to Read, Create, Edit & Delete for the user profile but no change. I cannot see any other place to change permissions/ sharing for custom objects.

This is causing a mission critical problem. Any advice is much appreciated!
  • February 23, 2006
We have a set of custom objects and some scontrols using AJAX that are used to create a set of new implementation tracking
records from a closed/ won Opportunity and then assign ownership of those new records to the right Implementation Director.

The scontrol has worked fine for months... up until 02/10/06 when we began receiving an error message indicating
"insufficient access rights on cross-referenced id" whenever the AJAX script tried to create a new record.

I have determine the cause but not the fix... When I run the scontrol under the SysAdmin role, it works fine. If I run the scontrol
under the normal but more restrictive Operations Coordinator role, it throws the error for all cases where the new Owner is different than the
logged in user.

I suspect there has been a recent change to the API re: validation of OwnerID. Can anyone confirm and/ or suggest a solution?

Here is the relevant portion of the AJAX script.

Thanks in advance for any clues - this is causing our client MAJOR headaches!

//## CREATING IMPLEMENTATION
var thisImplementationId;
document.write("
saving Implementation record");
var insertImplementationArray = new Array();
insertImplementationArray[0] = implementation;
var implementationSR = sforceClient.Create(insertImplementationArray);
//alert("saved imp..."+implementationSR.length);
//document.write("
STATUS - implementationSR: "+implementationSR.toString());
for (var sri=0;srivar oneSaveResult = implementationSR[sri];
if (oneSaveResult.success == true) {
thisImplementationId = oneSaveResult.id;
} else {
alert("Error while saving Implementation: " + oneSaveResult.errors[0].message);
}
}
  • February 16, 2006
We are looking for a consultant to help us build a custom app in sforce. The ideal candidate will have experience with:
sfroce API
the new Ajax toolkit
s-control development
Javascript
HTML
  • November 10, 2005

Is there a way to create custom tab and custom object via API using sforce 6.0?

Thank you in advance.

I'd really like to query reports from the API:

1. Query the list of available reports (for example, to fill a drop-down)

2. For a given report, query the columns and rows.

I saw a screen shot from Got Campaigner that seems to indicate this is possible. Can it be done using either the partner or enterprise API? The API docs don't have any relevant hits when searching for Reports.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Message Edited by Mike Sax on 06-22-2005 01:20 AM