• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light on how the locale setting impacts date type entries on a form?  I have realised whilst building an s-control that uses a calendar popup, if I use 'English (US)' locale setting, then input works properly (ie 2nd April minus 1st April = 1 day).  If I use my actual locale 'English (Australia)' then after selecting April 2nd on calendar popup, the 'April 2nd' I chose minus 1st April = 31 days - its switched the day and month. Interestingly, the date displays in correct format, but obviously underlying number doesnt behave like it.

Is there some way I can manipulate the input from the widget prior to performing simple date calcs to eliminate this problem?

Regards,
Carl_V
  • April 04, 2006
Hi there,

I am looking for assistance from the community for scrap of code to identify whether an environment is multi-currency or not to avoid errors in the subsequent queries and data handling.  I imagine one way is to query an opportunity for the ISOCURRENCYCODE field, and then manage the error appropriately. 

Apologies if this is doubling up some other enquiry - I am unable to see any of the historical posts in public forum, with the exception of my own so help is thin on the ground :smileysad:

thanks to anyone who might be able to help - once I've overcome this I will be publishing an s-control for general consumption.
  • March 22, 2006
Hi all,
I have been trying unsuccessfully to create an S-control that a) prompts a user to nominate a new revenue schedule start date and then b) automatically modifies the existing revenue schedules to push out by the difference between current and new rev. schedule dates.  Seems easy? Probably is!  I have gotten nowhere after looking for docs on sforce.util (are there any docs???), reading existing examples and scouring the boards.  Any advice on where to start looking would be appreciated...thanks in advance..:smileysad:
  • March 14, 2006
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure this out.  It would be awesome.  We have added Service Timecard Custom Object Records to our system to track billable hours on Jobs and for customers.  The are linked to a few different parent items (including Accounts, Cases, Projects).  When I pull up a case per say it shows me the Service Timecard section as a section below the main information, and all of the timecards associated with that case.

Ok here is what I'm looking to do.  I would like to have a Formula field add up all of the hours worked contained within the Service Timecards associated with that Record. 

IE if there is a case with 2 service timecards.  One for 1 hour and one for 2 hours, on the case record I could have a field show us Total Time Worked : 3 Hours.

If anyone can show me how to do this I would owe you a huge favor.

Thanks so much.

Dan Levine
Hi. Is it theoretically possible to convert data for an object (say, Opportunities) into an XML format with an sControl?

More broadly, can anyone point me to the best uses of sControls so far. (If several were listed and described on one document that would be great.) I mean, why sControls? What makes them an essential part of a developer's toolkit?

Thanks,
Brooks
  • April 11, 2006
Are all dated fields in "DD/MM/YYYY" format? Or this is customizable? Or it is based on your browser setting?
  • April 03, 2006
Hi all,
I have been trying unsuccessfully to create an S-control that a) prompts a user to nominate a new revenue schedule start date and then b) automatically modifies the existing revenue schedules to push out by the difference between current and new rev. schedule dates.  Seems easy? Probably is!  I have gotten nowhere after looking for docs on sforce.util (are there any docs???), reading existing examples and scouring the boards.  Any advice on where to start looking would be appreciated...thanks in advance..:smileysad:
  • March 14, 2006
All,
Does anyone know how can I make Address Field (on account) to be required? or at least State ID.
Any help appreciated...

Thanks,
greg
  • January 13, 2006
Hello everyone,

Currently, I would like to create a custom link on my contracts form that when pushed, looks up information from the linked account and populates that information into fields on the contracts form. Can any help me with the syntax of this link? I've created links that create new records and pass information to the new records, but I'm stumped on how to reference the "current record" or how to pull the data from the already "linked" object.

Please also feel free to share any links to information on basic custom link syntax.

Thanks,
B
  • January 10, 2006