• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

About Sales Force Data Loader in Winter '06 release:

1.Is there any new version for Data Loader(which supports the new API's such as upsert etc)?
2. If yes, when it will be released?

Thanks in advance.........
  • January 10, 2006
Hi,

Is there any data validation set in salesforce? This could be something like "Closing date for Opportunity should not be greater than 2100, Party name should not exceed 200 characters , or any other kind of data validation".

Please let me know about this.

Thank you.
  • December 07, 2005
Hi,

We run the Sforce Data Loader in the command line as follows:

java -Xms256m -Xmx256m -Dsalesforce.config.dir=CONFIG_DIR -jar sforcedataloader.jar

Here, what is -Xms256m -Xms256m?

Also, for GUI we use -Xms64m -Xms512m. What does this mean?

Thank you.
  • November 18, 2005
Hi,

After making the necessary settings for the proxy server in SforceDataLoader (i.e. adding Proxy Host,Port,Username and Password in the settings option), it's giving this error:
"(407)Proxy Authentication Required (The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request.Access to the Web Proxy service is denied)".

What are the other settings to be done inorder to access salesforce.com through a proxy?

We have successfully used the API's from enterprise.wsdl to get connected to salesforce.com through the same proxy by adding Proxy Host,Port,User,Password settings in the code.

Does SforceDataLoader support Proxy?

How we can view the source code for SforceDataLoader?

Thanks in advance....
  • November 02, 2005
Hi,

I've installed Sforce Data Loader. Since I am using Proxy server, in the Settings tab, i've included Proxy host,port, user name and password. When I am trying to login, it's throwing the error message "(407)Proxy Authentication Required -Access to the Web Proxy service is denied".

What are the settings needed in order to get connected via Proxy Server?

Thanks in advance....

Message Edited by udupa on 10-26-2005 05:19 AM

Message Edited by udupa on 10-26-2005 05:20 AM

Message Edited by udupa on 10-26-2005 05:22 AM

• October 26, 2005
Hi,

Whether Sforce Data Loader tool is available for every account i.e. for both Free Trial account and Developer Edition account?

I've both accounts, but when checked in Setup->Data Management-> , Sforce Data Loader is not found. Am I searching in the correct path? Do we need to make any settings to get the Sforce Data Loader?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance....
  • October 26, 2005
Hi,

I am using the java classes generated from enterprise.wsdl.

When I am trying to login to salesforce.com using the Login method, it's throwing the error "API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner". The userid I am using is the one created using the "Customer Login" tab in www.salesforce.com. When I tried my developer's user Id, the code works!! What this issue is about?

I want to manage more than 4-5 users in my account, but using developers edition I can manage only 2 users. How I can add 4-5 users to a developer account?

Using Customer UserId, I can create 4 users, but API's from enterprise.wsdl won't support it!!

Please clarify me about this...

Thanks in advance..
  • October 20, 2005
Hi!

Just developed a small application that is transfering data from
Baan to Salesforce. It's running fine here in my test environment.

However at customer site there is a proxy that has to be conntected
to get outside.
I'm not a expert for all the soap-connecting stuff and it just worked,
copying it from the samples but how do I have to change the code to
connect via a proxy?
Can someone give me a detailed (Java) code example?

Thanks a lot
Diane
Hi,

We run the Sforce Data Loader in the command line as follows:

java -Xms256m -Xmx256m -Dsalesforce.config.dir=CONFIG_DIR -jar sforcedataloader.jar

Here, what is -Xms256m -Xms256m?

Also, for GUI we use -Xms64m -Xms512m. What does this mean?

Thank you.
  • November 18, 2005
Hi,

We are using proxy server for internet connection.
I've added ProxyHost,ProxyPort,ProxyUser and ProxyPassword details in Sforce Data Loader -> Settings menu.

When I am trying to login, it's giving the error message as:
"(407) Proxy Authentication Required (The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied)."

The Proxy uses the INTEGRATED Authentication method.

Please let me know how this issue can be solved?

What are the changes to be done in the source...

Thanks in advance.
  • November 08, 2005
Hi,

After making the necessary settings for the proxy server in SforceDataLoader (i.e. adding Proxy Host,Port,Username and Password in the settings option), it's giving this error:
"(407)Proxy Authentication Required (The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request.Access to the Web Proxy service is denied)".

What are the other settings to be done inorder to access salesforce.com through a proxy?

We have successfully used the API's from enterprise.wsdl to get connected to salesforce.com through the same proxy by adding Proxy Host,Port,User,Password settings in the code.

Does SforceDataLoader support Proxy?

How we can view the source code for SforceDataLoader?

Thanks in advance....
  • November 02, 2005
Hi,

I've installed Sforce Data Loader. Since I am using Proxy server, in the Settings tab, i've included Proxy host,port, user name and password. When I am trying to login, it's throwing the error message "(407)Proxy Authentication Required -Access to the Web Proxy service is denied".

What are the settings needed in order to get connected via Proxy Server?

Thanks in advance....

Message Edited by udupa on 10-26-2005 05:20 AM

Message Edited by udupa on 10-26-2005 05:22 AM

• October 26, 2005
Hi,

I am using the java classes generated from enterprise.wsdl.

When I am trying to login to salesforce.com using the Login method, it's throwing the error "API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner". The userid I am using is the one created using the "Customer Login" tab in www.salesforce.com. When I tried my developer's user Id, the code works!! What this issue is about?

I want to manage more than 4-5 users in my account, but using developers edition I can manage only 2 users. How I can add 4-5 users to a developer account?

Using Customer UserId, I can create 4 users, but API's from enterprise.wsdl won't support it!!

Please clarify me about this...

Thanks in advance..
  • October 20, 2005