• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi. I'd like to replace the "force.com 9" logo above the tabs on our Sites site.

How do I do this?

I see how you can replace the logo in the SiteTemplate, but not on the default page.

Thanks.
  • December 08, 2008
What is the trick to integrating the Ideas module with your Sites website.

Ideas is active in my developer account. And I've checked the boxes I can for Ideas in the Sites profile area, but I'm not getting visibility to it.

So it must be something that I have to do in my developer account.

Any thoughts appreciated.
  • December 05, 2008
Hi. Is it possible to use a cross-object formula to bring over an email from a parent object to a child object so that I can use that email in an email alert?

Thanks for any tips.
  • December 05, 2008
I've added this rating widget to my Visualforce detail page, and it requires a permalink to work correctly.

Code:
<script language='JavaScript'>
    var OutbrainPermaLink='ENTER PERMALINK HERE';
    var OB_demoMode = false;
    var OB_langJS ='http://widgets.outbrain.com/lang_en.js';
    if ( typeof(OB_Script)!='undefined' )
        OutbrainStart();
    else {
        var OB_Script = true;
        var str = '<script src="http://widgets.outbrain.com/OutbrainRater.js" type="text/javascript"><\/script>';
        document.write(str);
    }
    </script>

I've set the override on View for my list view page so that it appends the correct ID to the URL of my detail page when a link is clicked.

My question is how can I make the javascript above use the unique URL for each page rather than using one permalink?

Thanks for any tips.

• November 27, 2008
When you override a custom Tab to point to a Visualforce page, what determines which Visualforce pages you can use?

I want to use a particular Visualforce page I've created, but it's not showing up in the drop-down menu for the Tab override. I'm sure it's something simple.

Thanks for any tips.
  • November 24, 2008
How can I do an automatic redirect to another URL when a Visualforce page loads?

Thanks for any pointers.
  • November 20, 2008
Hi.

I realize that Sites is in developer preview, but I wonder if anyone can help me troubleshoot this problem.

I've created an Account list view in Visualforce with this code, which works great:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabstyle="Account">
<apex:ListViews type="Account" />
</apex:page>

But this same page in Sites has no links. Here's a screenshot:

https://sort.backpackit.com/pub/1634624

I assume this is because I have both Business and Person Account records and Sites can't distinguish the two.

It's a problem that's unique to Accounts as I've done the same with Opportunities and a custom object, and they work fine.

Any ides are appreciated.

• November 20, 2008
Is it possible to link one Visualforce page (links and buttons) to another? How is that done?
  • November 20, 2008
Hi. I'm taking some tables in a .doc and putting them in a custom object.

It seems to me that the best way to do that is use a logical naming convention for each field that represents a cell.

Here's an example:

The table in my .doc is called "Doors." And the column headers are "Name," "Area," "Type," and "Location."

So, I'm calling the first set of fields, which correspond to the first row in the table, the following:

"Door Name," "Door Area," "Door Type," "Door Location"

And the second set of fields, which correspond to the second row in the table . . .

"Door Name 2," "Door Area 2," "Door Type 2," "Door Location 2"

. . . and so on for however many rows are in the table.

Is there a more elegant way to do this? Obviously, each field has to have a unique name or you would have no idea what you're doing when you run a report. But I thought I'd run it by this thundering herd.

Thanks for any feedback.

• November 11, 2008
Hi.

I have a simple custom formula:

IF( (LEN( Fund)=0), "None",
IF(CONTAINS( "1203", Fund), "Retail Fund",
IF(CONTAINS( "1204", Fund), "Industry Fund",
IF(CONTAINS( "1205", Fund), "Value Fund"))))

And when I check the syntax I'm getting this error message:

"Field Fund does not exist. Check spelling."

The field "Fund" does exist, so I'm wondering what the issue is.

Thanks,
Brooks
  • April 30, 2008
Anyone know why I'd be getting this error message (all of a sudden) for MailDrop? I know my userid/pass is good. I don't know what's up with the security token.

LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN: Invalid, username, password, security token;
  • December 28, 2007
Hi. I need a little boost here.

I've defined my Price Book. And I've defined my Products (about 15 of them) in that Price Book.

Now I want to import some Products from that Price Book into some Opportunity line items via the Excel Connector.

And I believe the way to do that is to use the

- OpportunityId

and the

- PricebookEntryId (i.e., the ID for the right Price Book and Products combo)

and then define my

- Quantity

and

- Sales Price

both of which are variable for each Product.

So in the Excel Connector worksheet my header row would be the following:

OpportunityId  PricebookEntryId  Quantity  Sales Price

This seems logical to me because the Excel Connector will then know which Opportunity to use (Opportunity ID), which Opportunity Line Item, Price Book and Product to use (PricebookEntryId), and then also the variable Quantity and Sales Price.

Is that correct or is there more to it than that?

Thanks,
Brooks
  • February 21, 2007
Hi. This is the problem I'm having:

- I'm in the Connector.

- I select Sforce Table Query Wizard

- I select "Account":as the table to query

- The custom field I want to select for "Account" shows up twice

- Even if I only select it once in the wizard, the Connector adds it twice to my worksheet

- If I try to run the query with this custom field added twice, I get an error about dupicate fields (exception code 5077)

- If I don't use this custom field but rather any other native or custom fields, the Connector pulls the data without error

Does anyone know what the cause of this duplicate field in the wizard is? As far as I can tell, and I created it, it's a regular custom text field. One possible clue is that this custom field is visible in the wizard next to all of the other custom fields for Account as it should be. But the duplicate of this custom field is right underneath "Account ID" in the field list.

A second clue is that when I mouse over the cell with the column header for this custom field, its name has an underscore "c" appended to it - like so: "Identification_c." However, if I mouse over the other field names in the spreadsheet, it's only the field label (e.g., "Identification).

And this reminds me that I did do one unique thing to this custom field when I set it up that I didn't do to its brothers. I made it a required field in order to save the record.

Anyway, suggestions on how to include it in the query are appreciated because it is a critical field.

Thanks,
Brooks
  • February 15, 2007
Hi. I recently developed an app for the AppExchange with a small team and we're now taking it through certification. I blogged about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/ymww5k

I'd be happy to work with any company who would like to do the same.

Brooks
bjordan@sortanalytics.com

• November 09, 2006
Hi. Just want to verify something about Professional accounts and the API.

Assuming our application is certified on the AppExchange, can individual users of a Professional account login to the API using their ID and password, if the administrator has set-up permissions correctly?

To say it another way, we know it's possible for all enterprise users to login to the API with their credentials, but can all professional users login to the API, too, assuming the administrator has allowed it and the application is AppExchange certified?

Thanks.

Brooks

Tran,

Is it possible to store a .php script in the Documents object and have it communicate with other objects through the API?

Thanks.
Hi. Is it theoretically possible to convert data for an object (say, Opportunities) into an XML format with an sControl?

More broadly, can anyone point me to the best uses of sControls so far. (If several were listed and described on one document that would be great.) I mean, why sControls? What makes them an essential part of a developer's toolkit?

Thanks,
Brooks
  • April 11, 2006
Hi.

I realize that Sites is in developer preview, but I wonder if anyone can help me troubleshoot this problem.

I've created an Account list view in Visualforce with this code, which works great:

Code:

I assume this is because I have both Business and Person Account records and Sites can't distinguish the two.

It's a problem that's unique to Accounts as I've done the same with Opportunities and a custom object, and they work fine.

• November 20, 2008
Hi. I'd like to replace the "force.com 9" logo above the tabs on our Sites site.

How do I do this?

I see how you can replace the logo in the SiteTemplate, but not on the default page.

Thanks.
  • December 08, 2008
What is the trick to integrating the Ideas module with your Sites website.

Ideas is active in my developer account. And I've checked the boxes I can for Ideas in the Sites profile area, but I'm not getting visibility to it.

So it must be something that I have to do in my developer account.

Any thoughts appreciated.
  • December 05, 2008
Hi. Is it possible to use a cross-object formula to bring over an email from a parent object to a child object so that I can use that email in an email alert?

Thanks for any tips.
  • December 05, 2008
Hi.

Code:

• November 20, 2008
Is it possible to link one Visualforce page (links and buttons) to another? How is that done?
  • November 20, 2008
What is the simplest way to call the Account object with a standard controller?

I'd like to call the Account home page with its views as well as the individual records.

Feel free to point me to any appropriate tutorials, too.

Thanks,
Brooks
Hi. I'm taking some tables in a .doc and putting them in a custom object.

It seems to me that the best way to do that is use a logical naming convention for each field that represents a cell.

Here's an example:

The table in my .doc is called "Doors." And the column headers are "Name," "Area," "Type," and "Location."

So, I'm calling the first set of fields, which correspond to the first row in the table, the following:

"Door Name," "Door Area," "Door Type," "Door Location"

And the second set of fields, which correspond to the second row in the table . . .

"Door Name 2," "Door Area 2," "Door Type 2," "Door Location 2"

. . . and so on for however many rows are in the table.

Is there a more elegant way to do this? Obviously, each field has to have a unique name or you would have no idea what you're doing when you run a report. But I thought I'd run it by this thundering herd.

Thanks for any feedback.

• November 11, 2008