• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone,

I watched the Summer 10 preview webinar last week, and I'm looking forward to the changes for report building & dashboards.  It got me thinking, are the new features only available if we are running the new UI?

It only just occurred to me that I may not be able to have them quite yet.  We are running an older version of Internet Explorer throughout the business as the new versions are not compatible with one of our systems.  We are aware of the fact that we must upgrade soon or we will face compatibility issues with SF and are in the middle of a fix, but until then we are stuck on the old UI.

Any ideas if the changes will be available on the old interface?

Thanks,

Stacy

With the Summer'10 release, the Report Builder also is able to edit Summary Reports. During June, we added Boolean filtering and conditional highlighting. As of June 28th, this excludes Matrix reports, and the ability to edit charts. Both of these should be added before September 2010.

I'm particularly interested in:

1) browser compatibility (for instance, we have found and corrected a set of look and feel bugs for IE6)

2) load time and feedback (where we have spent a lot of time optimizing for load-time performance, but still have some work to do on the treeview load time)

3) How you feel about interacting with the builder?

We are really shooting for feature parity with the wizard (i.e.. the Builder create or edit everything the builder can) over the next 2 months and for GA  (in Winter'11), but also we want to know requested changes - here, or on IdeaExchange.

Tom Tobin

• June 28, 2010

I'd love to hear your impressions on the Report Builder feature in Spring'10.

I know some users are already using it in the pre-release program, where you can sign up for a DE org, and I'm expecting a lot of feedback once it goes into all DE orgs.

Some things in the report builder:

1) you can only edit tabular reports, and there are no grand totals shown

2) you can't edit the advanced filters

3) you can't change top-n settings.

• January 06, 2010

With the Summer'10 release, the Report Builder also is able to edit Summary Reports. During June, we added Boolean filtering and conditional highlighting. As of June 28th, this excludes Matrix reports, and the ability to edit charts. Both of these should be added before September 2010.

I'm particularly interested in:

1) browser compatibility (for instance, we have found and corrected a set of look and feel bugs for IE6)

2) load time and feedback (where we have spent a lot of time optimizing for load-time performance, but still have some work to do on the treeview load time)

3) How you feel about interacting with the builder?

We are really shooting for feature parity with the wizard (i.e.. the Builder create or edit everything the builder can) over the next 2 months and for GA  (in Winter'11), but also we want to know requested changes - here, or on IdeaExchange.

Tom Tobin

• June 28, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I watched the Summer 10 preview webinar last week, and I'm looking forward to the changes for report building & dashboards.  It got me thinking, are the new features only available if we are running the new UI?

It only just occurred to me that I may not be able to have them quite yet.  We are running an older version of Internet Explorer throughout the business as the new versions are not compatible with one of our systems.  We are aware of the fact that we must upgrade soon or we will face compatibility issues with SF and are in the middle of a fix, but until then we are stuck on the old UI.

Any ideas if the changes will be available on the old interface?

Thanks,

Stacy

Could someone at SF please provide some documentation on the ChartServer URL params?

For instance

<instance>/servlet/servlet.ChartServer

?rsid=01a30000000hfxm

&ruid=00530000000vEHU

&s=6

&fs=10

&tfg=12

&tfs=-16777216

&explode=0

&c=line

&cs=1

&title=Tickets+created+by+day

&eh=no

&compo=yes

&fg=-16777216

&bg1=-2236963

&bg2=-1

&bgdir=2

&dl1=Date%2FTime+Opened

&dl2=Ticket+Origin

&l=2&sax=yes

&Yman=no

&nc=0

&actUrl=%2F00O30000001g1Hd

&sd=1

&scv=no

&sct=no

&spt=no

&cu=USD

&ab=Y

&u=1

&vt=0

&ab2=X

&u2=0

&vt2=0

&vl0=Record+Count

&topn=no

&gc0=-4041644

&gc1=-4013484

&gc2=-11222444

&refreshts=1272247391000

We'd like to not reinvent the wheel by having to outsource chart images to a third party like google.  I know there was a bunch of hullabaloo about an AppExchange Google Charts implementation and the like, but it's too rough for our needs, and we'd rather build the whole thing on platform.  If Salesforce already has the functionality in-house, why not use it?  Right?

If you are wondering why, think real time dashboards.  We're basically fed up with hitting refresh...

I'd love to hear your impressions on the Report Builder feature in Spring'10.

I know some users are already using it in the pre-release program, where you can sign up for a DE org, and I'm expecting a lot of feedback once it goes into all DE orgs.

Some things in the report builder:

1) you can only edit tabular reports, and there are no grand totals shown

2) you can't edit the advanced filters

3) you can't change top-n settings.

• January 06, 2010

I see in the Editions & Limits documentation that I my DE org may have up to 200 Analytical Snapshots but that the scheduling is "(Limited to one preferred start time per day, which cannot be changed)"

I interpreted this to mean that all snapshots would begin at (about) this time, which would be fine, but my experience is that I am only able to schedule a single snapshot to run at all! 

Is this the case, or have I encountered behavior that warrants a call to support?

Thanks!

Bill

• October 16, 2009
Is it possible to set your report criteria to the Created By field = XXX where XXX is the current user? What is the syntax for the value field for that?
1. Is it possible to use multiple dashboards on top of a single set of reports passing parameters to the reports from each dashboard?

2. Is it possible to display a dashboard component in a VF page or an S-Control. Most likely the answer is no. I am just wondering if anyone has come up with some creative solution for this. This would be somewhat simlar to the dashboards section in a Home page, but I would like to be able to pick and choose which components to embed in a my custom page...

3. How can I show a dashboard page without the header? I cannot do this with VisualForce (showHeader="false") because dashboardsa are not supported in VF. I do remember though that there was a URL parameter that can be passed to a salesforce page to hide the header. I am sure I used it somewhere before, but now I cannot find it anywhere...

Message Edited by AxxxV on 07-02-2008 02:39 PM
  • July 02, 2008
Hello,

I'd like to be able to navigate over a number of many to many relationships using
the new custom report types. We've implemented m-to-m relationships
using intermediate object types. However, when creating the report, I
can only navigate from the source object to the intermediate object
and no further. Is there any way around this, or is it a case of generating
this kind of navigation data using an S-Control?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi All,

I created a web tab which references an S-Control. Below is the code:

{!CASE(User.Username,"name1@company.com", https://na1.salesforce.com/01N30000000CxNq,"name2@company.com", https://na1.salesforce.com/01N30000000CzZ0)}

The idea being if you are person 1 and you click on the web tab, you will see one s-control, and if you are person 2 and click on the web tab, you will see a different s-control.

While the logic is correct, instead of Salesforce.com actually displaying the s-control I want it the user to see, it simply shows the user the link the s-control I want the user to see.

What needs to be done in order to have the user see the s-control rather than seeing a link to the s-control?

Thanks,
Eric